The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Wheel House  (Read 2790 times)

Offline Fishdude

• IceShanty Rookie
Wheel House
« on: Dec 01, 2010, 09:49 PM »
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone knows a place in Montana which sells wheel houses. Or perhaps someone you know may have one for sale.

Thanks

Offline fishin mt

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Wheel House
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2010, 09:52 PM »
ive yet to see one in montana

Offline bighof

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • have you seen me walk on water????
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2010, 09:55 AM »
Maybe if you ask gamedog real nice he will build you one like his....
l

Offline Trexzeus

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2010, 10:13 AM »
check out feather-lite trailers. They make a wheelhouse package. I believe there is a dealership in the northwest part of the state

Offline shantybum

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Here fishy fishy fishy
« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2010, 12:24 PM »
Do we get enough ice in Montana to justify a wheelhouse? Seems to me that one would get little use. Am I wrong?
The truth is considered hate only to those who hate the truth.

Offline albo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 03, 2010, 12:56 PM »
It would work if you only fished at the Silo's on Canyon Ferry
if you're too busy to go fishing, you're too busy

Offline Mt.Bucket

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 06, 2010, 12:37 PM »
ther is a fella up in Choteau who makes them, get a hold of Iceholer he has met him knows the prices and such. The fella who makes them is going to put one on Frances to show. Buy local....
Live Free Or Die.

Tinker

« Reply #7 on: Dec 06, 2010, 01:07 PM »
http://www.icecastlefishhousesmfg.com/  Check these out, they even have an "RV addition" that you can use in the summer as well.  That one may be what justifies it for the wife!!

Offline andercee

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 06, 2010, 07:41 PM »
I saw one on craigslist a while ago.  You'll have to make your own or drive out to the dakotas probably though.

Offline shantybum

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Here fishy fishy fishy
« Reply #9 on: Dec 08, 2010, 01:21 PM »
Gamedog,
 So what do you consider safe ice to be pulling a wheelhouse with a 4x4 out on to? How thick? I have not been to every lake in Western Montana, but have yet to see ice thick enough to drive a truck onto. And, I haven't seen a wheelhouse on any of the lakes I have fished either. When you get ready to pull one out on the ice, let me know, I want to watch. (from a distance)

Tinker

« Reply #10 on: Dec 08, 2010, 01:39 PM »
Gamedog,
 So what do you consider safe ice to be pulling a wheelhouse with a 4x4 out on to? How thick? I have not been to every lake in Western Montana, but have yet to see ice thick enough to drive a truck onto. And, I haven't seen a wheelhouse on any of the lakes I have fished either. When you get ready to pull one out on the ice, let me know, I want to watch. (from a distance)
In ND seems like they get braver every year.  12" of good clear ice will hold a 3/4 ton truck and a pretty big ice house.  Have seen it many times.  Me I prefer 16 to 18 of clear ice and really don't like to be the first out.  Dad and I were on 14" last christmas with no worries, but he knows and was watching the local lake and there were bigger rigs out there as well.  A couple years before that we were on 12" with a full size 1/2 ton, but we had the knowledge of the guy that lives on the lake and he was already driving out to his big permanent house.  Without the added info we probably wouldn't have done it.

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 08, 2010, 10:16 PM »
I've seen 1 ton crew cab diesels on lake mary ronan numerous times
one guys got a 10 by 12 shed on skids he pulls out there and leaves on the ice
is it wrong to be turned on by an icehole?

Offline shantybum

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Here fishy fishy fishy
« Reply #12 on: Dec 09, 2010, 08:56 PM »
That's awesome! All my family is from the Detroit area, and I've been there and seen their kind of ice fishing. I would love to have an Ice Fishin RV to set down on the ice, shoot, I would probably spend all winter out there. The problem is, I haven't seen any ice around here (western MT) that I would consider driving on. I wish the Noxon Reservoir would freeze up a little better, that would be within driving distance. I guess I'll have to check out your side of the state some time.

Offline Benjfire

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 10, 2010, 07:33 AM »
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone knows a place in Montana which sells wheel houses. Or perhaps someone you know may have one for sale.

Thanks
Don't know exactly where you live, but I seen Walkers Bait down in Shoshoni, Wy by Boysen Reservoir had a couple last year!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.