Author Topic: Striker hardwater questions  (Read 2099 times)

Offline Brownclown

• IceShanty Rookie
Striker hardwater questions
« on: Jan 24, 2020, 04:27 PM »
Been searching posts and see mixed opinions and wondering if I made a mistake. I just recieved my suit. I went large for bibs and XL for jackect as that seemed most common recommend.  I'm wandering if I should of went with large for jackect. I'm 6 foot and 195 the arm length feels perfect but the shoulder area feels a bit wide . Any of u about my size tried large? Worried the arms would be too short .

My 2nd questions is the adjustable legs. I see how they cuff and they have velcro on both sides but both sides seem to be "loop" side and no "hook" side so they dont actually velcro . Is that normal or did I get defective pair? I dont why they would have that if they dont stick is it just for rub protection since they rolled ?

Offline pa-iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Striker hardwater questions
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2020, 04:40 PM »
Take a look at the bottom hem of each pant leg. If I remember right the hook side of the velcro is there. It comes velcro to it self.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2020, 05:01 PM »
You could of probably gone with the large ..but you find that most times you will be wearing the bibs ..hoodie and a vest..and only need the jacket for wind and/or bitter cold days ..so a little larger will be your friend just toss it on ..plus loft equals heat ..when zipped up is it really huge in the belly area ? If not your good to go .

Here is the solution to the hem issue

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=374720.msg4050703#msg4050703
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Brownclown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2020, 05:37 PM »
Thanks for video. I didnt notice the very bottom edge had the hook side of the velcro.  Makes alot more sense now. Lol...

Gonna sleep on what to on jackect or call and see return costs. Got from Reeds dont know but wouldnt they do free returns for me to make sure I got the correct size. Guess I'm better airing on to big then small

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2020, 05:44 PM »
Heres the size chart..not really seeing much difference in sleeve length..if you fall into the numbers on the large for waist and chest.. then maybe you should size down ..but when I was heavier the shoulder seemed tight on my Large Predator coat ..I wanted more room ..lost some weight all good now.

https://strikerbrands.com/pages/size-chart
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Brownclown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2020, 06:02 PM »
Problem is on size chart is I'm in between large an extra with 46inc chest 37 waist and 35 arms.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2020, 06:26 PM »
Problem is on size chart is I'm in between large an extra with 46inc chest 37 waist and 35 arms.

The chest would be my biggest concern ..think you made the right choice with the XL.

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 25, 2020, 05:10 AM »
I’m about the same size, actually have gained a few lbs, at about 210 right now. I have the Large Hardwater jacket and bibs and I think they fit perfectly with still plenty of room to layer underneath.  I don’t like my stuff to fit overly big though. I’d probably look at exchanging them if I were you.

Offline AGC

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 25, 2020, 11:26 AM »
Got out yesterday for the first time in my new Hardwater jacket and bibs. Height 5'3" small bibs. Weight 170 medium jacket. Both fit nicely with room to layer. Should be all I need in Western Pa. where the temps can reach 60 in the middle of January. LOL

Offline Trout Sen-Sei

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Trout fanatic
« Reply #9 on: Jan 25, 2020, 11:41 AM »
I also live in western pa and bought the xl hardwater. I am 6ft and 200lb but lost some wt recently. I used to wear the 2x and liked to layer with cheaper clothes. but this suit is just a tad big--better to wear less layers and let the warmth of this jacket do its job. if I gain a few lbs back it will still work.

Offline Brownclown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 25, 2020, 01:15 PM »
Thanks all . I called Reeds and it's not an issue to return guess I'll lose a few buck on return shipping but want to make sure. Was worried being on clearance they wouldnt take them as policy states.  I'll update everyone once i receive the coat. Hopefully help others in this size range. Frustrating when half the time I'm large and half extra.  For the money hoping they last a long time. Now just need some ice to actually use them.

Not sure if I mentioned the bibs fit perfectly.  And appear to be really high quality. Glad I went with hardwater over predator.  Saw lots of reviews that they will to warm for run and gun. With venting zips I think they will be perfect.

Offline topwaterbait

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 25, 2020, 01:19 PM »
I'm about the same size as you and the large coat fits good with bibs and a hooded sweatshirt.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12 on: Jan 25, 2020, 02:07 PM »
Three of the hardest things about the Striker Ice line up ..Which suit ? What size ? and What to wear underneath your choice ..and that is where the true challenge lies ?

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #13 on: Jan 26, 2020, 12:51 PM »
Three of the hardest things about the Striker Ice line up ..Which suit ? What size ? and What to wear underneath your choice ..and that is where the true challenge lies ?
And also a fourth how to talk the cfo into letting me spend the cash!
Keep it safe! JDL

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14 on: Jan 26, 2020, 01:18 PM »
And also a fourth how to talk the cfo into letting me spend the cash!
Keep it safe! JDL

Piece of mind ..PRICELESS..

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 26, 2020, 02:12 PM »
Same questions here, I tried on a Hardwater bibs and hoped the floor would hold me up! Extremely heavy, not sure I would like that.

Offline dynaglide2012

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 31, 2020, 10:17 AM »
I just got my predator suit in. 5’10” 200lbs, broader chest/shoulders, and I went with the large bibs and xl jacket. Jacket seems a little big to me, especially around the waist, but I tried the large jacket on at a store and I felt as if it would be a little too tight over the bibs/layers. Decided to stick with the XL for comfort. A lot of people say they take the jacket off once they set up anyways.
Get to try it out this weekend so we’ll see!

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #17 on: Jan 31, 2020, 11:30 AM »
don't forget to put both hands in front of you and act like your reaching out with both hands (rolling shoulders forward) to see if the shoulders are too tight. if you feel restricted, then size up.

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Jan 31, 2020, 08:00 PM »
Why do Predators cost the same as Hardwater? Aren’t Hardwater their better suit?

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Feb 01, 2020, 09:40 PM »
Anybody know?

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20 on: Feb 02, 2020, 06:48 AM »
Supply and demand ..Predator's are the most popular .and sometimes its a sizing clearance ..ie your 2xl and up .

Offline Brownclown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Feb 04, 2020, 12:16 PM »
My large came in and glad I ordered for a comparison. Fits way better. Plenty of room and arms length  arent an issue at all. The chest area and arms were my biggest worry going down to large but not an issue at all. In my opinion if similar in size to me go large.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22 on: Feb 04, 2020, 12:47 PM »
Don't forget about the hidden zippered pocket on the left chest area along the zipper ..fun times recalled looking for my sunglasses. ;D ;D ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.