Author Topic: Weekend  (Read 14590 times)

Offline prayforice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 2013 2nd Place Crappie!
Weekend
« on: Dec 12, 2007, 03:12 PM »
So i was wondering with the weather and all who is going to try and go out this weekend and where? I think im gonna try and go out sunday or monday..... looks like friday and sat should build some good ice.

Offline John_BZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Weekend
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2007, 03:44 PM »
i will likely make it out on sunday. i went today. everywhere i fished had 3 inches of ice. fishing was slow though. looks like its gonna be warmer tha the previously forcasted tonight. hopefully it doesn't snow just yet.

Offline bigbucky1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2007, 03:52 PM »
I will be going out this weekend sometime.  Probably out to the hennipen canal at sheffield just to see if I can catch anything.  Should still be plenty of ice there. 
<br />

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2007, 06:14 PM »
working Sat so might be there Sat afternoon, BB1. Long as there isn't freezing rain.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline prayforice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2007, 06:19 PM »
has anyone check at the heneepin canal in genseo

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2007, 07:29 PM »
I am going to try a local private pond Saturday morning. I hope it's thick enough to drag out the shanty.

jbird68

Offline prayforice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2007, 08:20 PM »
report back on the local pond i thnk thats what i might do first. The weather looks good tho friday sat and sun are gonna be cold.  ;D hopefully we can keep some safe ice for a while

Offline prayforice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 12, 2007, 08:21 PM »
wouldnt it be safer with a shanty, doesnt it spread out your weight

Offline Cristoforo

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Bass
« Reply #8 on: Dec 12, 2007, 09:22 PM »
The hennipen in geneseo was safe sunday we were on 4" but just small sunnies biting. 

Offline bigbucky1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 12, 2007, 09:35 PM »
Cristoforo how far out did you go just in the little slack water right by the ramp or did you go on down by the bend to the east?
<br />

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 12, 2007, 10:22 PM »
wouldnt it be safer with a shanty, doesnt it spread out your weight

The shanty doesn't weight but 48 pounds. But adding my gear would make it heavier.
jbird68

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #11 on: Dec 12, 2007, 10:53 PM »
Hmmm I might go tomorrow..... lil more cloudy than weekend....
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 12, 2007, 11:40 PM »
I just peeked outside and it is now SNOWING!!  >:(
jbird68

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #13 on: Dec 13, 2007, 02:30 PM »
Too much xmas party slept in.... not sunny as NOAA sez either.

Offline bigbucky1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Dec 13, 2007, 06:23 PM »
looking like sun because of snow on sat now.   though maybe sat morn
<br />

Offline crappiekid24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 13, 2007, 07:20 PM »
I will be out this weekend. Sat defiantly and maybe Sun.! ;D :tipup:

Offline illinoisicer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Dec 13, 2007, 10:36 PM »
  Hate to be a buzzz kill but check your wind direction.... Fri-Sat NNE turning to Ne but wind out of the N by Sat night... Sunday may be the day winds N at 6mph out here in LaSalle Co.. :tipup:

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #17 on: Dec 14, 2007, 08:04 AM »
Huh?????

Offline bluegill63

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Dec 14, 2007, 12:31 PM »
Here we go it is on no more worrying about the ice safety I will definitely will be out this weekend and all next weekend!!! Everyone becareful when walking on the ice. We should have at least 6 inches I was out last weekend and there was 4 inches on a private pond that I was at so it should be alot thicker now!!!!

WOOOOOHOOOOOO

GIL :laugh:

Offline buddyo31

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Paradise!
« Reply #19 on: Dec 14, 2007, 02:22 PM »
I just checked a private pond and there was about 2.5" of ice. I am going to try to hit a buddy's farm pond tomorrow, but the ice may be to thin in the deeper water. :o

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #20 on: Dec 14, 2007, 03:07 PM »
Hit the canal today not much to get excited about ice from maybe 1 to almost 4 inches.  Gills were the same.
I need new line bad so that is next priority.

Offline prayforice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Dec 14, 2007, 04:29 PM »
Check all of my lakes today and a good solid four inches so i went out and when i get back on sunday i will be out for the next month. :) :)

Offline jepik

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Dec 14, 2007, 04:44 PM »
went today miss. river....ice was 3 to 4in. ....tried 3 different days last week...ice was unsafe... I liked it..fish must not have... no luck...blue skies+ high barometer...maybe tomorrow..

Offline jimmygunns

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Add more bacon, son!
« Reply #23 on: Dec 14, 2007, 05:51 PM »
Big pond behind my house had 4"-5" on it.  Managed to get 1 small cat just screwing around.  Open in the middle 30'-30' circle from the duck & geese still in it!  John, I'm planning on Sunday now! :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline John_BZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Dec 14, 2007, 11:32 PM »
Sounds good to me Jim ! I'll be at work saturday but just give me a ring. hopefully my line will be running better.

Offline riverbottoms

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Hardcore
« Reply #25 on: Dec 15, 2007, 10:18 PM »
went today miss. river....ice was 3 to 4in. ....tried 3 different days last week...ice was unsafe... I liked it..fish must not have... no luck...blue skies+ high barometer...maybe tomorrow..
jepik,
 You said you fished the Miss. 3 different days at 1st. ice and
'NO LUCK?
The next time there's bluebird skies, high pressure, try fishing cover or deeper or low light conditions (sun-up sun-down). In spite of blue skies and high pressure what was the water clarity during those 3 days? If you were using a shanty you should have used your shanty's shade to your advantage or snow cover fishing shallow during a high pressure system. Do you fish with a flasher? If not your fishing blind, shallow or not.
 The next time your out under the conditions you had fished, think about water clarity on jig selection and use light conditions to your advantage, such as snow cover, shanty cover, weeds, sunken wood sundown/sun up during those high pressure bluebird skies. Hope this might put a few fish in your bucket?   

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Dec 16, 2007, 01:35 PM »
I fished Potters Marsh at the Thompson Causeway. I got one perch about 7 inches long and alot of LM Bass that were about 3-4 inches long. Buddy of mine was there on Fiday afternoon and had had a nice catch. But with the snowstorm coming in, it really killed the fishing. Anyone from Sterling, IL been to the bayou? I heard there were guys out there, but haven't heard any ice reports.
jbird68

Offline Cristoforo

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Bass
« Reply #27 on: Dec 16, 2007, 07:03 PM »
Did pretty good this weekend.  managed some decent crappies, a couple bass, lots of sunnies, and 1 walleye on a :tipup:.  Didn't event know I had a fish on.  Flag was still down and everything.  CRaZy!  Good ice..... fished in about 15' of water with 3.5" solid and clear stuff after snow cover was removed.  Hope this week stays cold and prosperous!  Good luck all.

Cristoforo ;D

Offline jepik

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Dec 16, 2007, 07:25 PM »
riverbottoms....I started ice fishing when I was 19,that was in 1959...I fished bass tournments for over 30 yrs.,from pool 23 to pool 7, different states from alabama to minn...won a few lost a lot..I fished with a pro,( davey hite) for 5 straight days when  he won the flw classic,on pool 13 ..$250,000.cash... when a active cold front comes thru. and the skies dont have cloud in them,and the barometer is sky high,the fishing is tough, frosting on that cake would be with 25 mile hr. wind....I have a fl8, aqua view,i stated in my post that the ice was not safe the first 3 days not that I fished....welcome home and thanks for trying to help me catch a fish...

Offline illinoisicer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Dec 16, 2007, 10:07 PM »
  We hit er' hard today. 5" at Lake Holiday, whole bunch of gills. I didn't go out Saturday but everyone that went out there Friday and Saturday got skunked but not today....Same bait, same spot....... :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.