Author Topic: Weekend weather  (Read 757 times)

Offline Soozookie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Plastics!
Weekend weather
« on: Dec 28, 2010, 07:31 AM »
So I have been watching the news.  So i guess their saying highs in 40s on Fri and 54 on Sat with rain definetly possible.  What do you guys think is ganna happen... Most lakes we have a solid 10 in. of ice. I dont think will get major ice melt off, just a slop fest with all the snow melt and a muddy mess everywhere thats my predictions any input fellas?

Offline lindenborn

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Weekend weather
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2010, 08:17 AM »
Snow melts then water freezes is my bet/hope looks like only 2 days of warm then back to cold.
Lindy

Offline boscolab

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2010, 12:10 PM »
Slop fest is for sure. Friday, I will be headed to a place I can use the fly rod for big smallies. Then back on the ice saturday and Sunday.
If I had a penny for every time, people thought they would get rich from getting pennys for every thing they claim they do or hear, over and over again, I would be richer than Richy Rich.
HUH?

Offline tbirdbassr

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • illinois
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2010, 01:04 PM »
as long as no snow and a week of freezing afterwords might solve the slop fest we are in now!!!

Offline crappie66

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2010, 01:39 PM »
Every year there are a few days of warm weather and people freak out about the conditions.  It took this long for the ice to freeze, there is no way it is going to thaw or become unsafe because of 2 days in the 40s, anything that becomes soft during the day will harden up at night as the lows are below freezing.  I welcome the warmer temps for a few days to melt down the snow so I don't have to pull the Scout through the snow.

Real fisherman don't yield to the weather.

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "EVERYDAY IS A HOLIDAY"
« Reply #5 on: Dec 28, 2010, 05:11 PM »
 I agree Crappie66. Pulling the Trekker2 through the 10" of snow was not a fun time! I have one lake I fish there is at least 3" of slop on top of 5" of ice, so that means there is 13" of snow and slop to pull through!

Every year there are a few days of warm weather and people freak out about the conditions.  It took this long for the ice to freeze, there is no way it is going to thaw or become unsafe because of 2 days in the 40s, anything that becomes soft during the day will harden up at night as the lows are below freezing.  I welcome the warmer temps for a few days to melt down the snow so I don't have to pull the Scout through the snow.

Offline ratsotail

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spring bobbers and ratsotails!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 28, 2010, 09:21 PM »
I would be careful along any southern facing shoreline and where heavy rain runoff occurs around the creeks. The shoreline edge will be the first area to get thin. Be careful, eh! We need another cold front to firm things up soon...or else.

ratsotail

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.