Author Topic: Has anyone installed a seat on their flip style shelter?  (Read 3352 times)

GatorSlayer

Has anyone ever installed a seat on a Quickflip or the like? The reason I ask is because I found a good deal on an older model that doesn't have a seat in it. I was thinking of using two pieces of conduit and running them across the sled, through the sides, and securing them with pins. Then I was going to mount a swivel seat on the pieces on conduit. Would the conduit stick out too far and interfer with the "fliping" of the canvas? Would the plastic sled support the holes in the side? I'm trying to keep this as light and little bulk as possible. By using the pins, I could still remove the conduit if needed. What do you guys think, will it work?Feel free to leave your own ideas.

Offline Da_Roc

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez! Ya hve to hunt them to catch em
Re:Has anyone installed a seat on their flip style shelter?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17, 2003, 03:52 PM »
Hi Gang!
     I like your idea!  I use a fold up small/short camping  chair with a flip down back.  I found it works great for turkey and goose hunting too!! I can use it out on the ice or in the sled.   Clams have a slider seat which slides front to back on two rails attached to the sled lip.  It workes nice.  And saves lower storage room. The seat is inside the bed of the sled tho not hanging out.
     Da-Roc

GatorSlayer

« Reply #2 on: Nov 17, 2003, 04:32 PM »
Yeah, the "rails" idea was what I was sort of getting at, I will have to wait untill I recieve my Quickflip to scope out possibilities. At first I was thinking of just mounting the seat permenantly, but if I can devise a way to allow the seat to slide, that would be a plus. I was also thinking of maybe just some sort of clamping device on the conduit, maybe some small c-clamps.

Offline FishDaddy09

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 18, 2003, 09:16 AM »
I've seen those seats at cabelas $75. Ask T-bone for the plans to his "Butt bridge" It's a very nice wood seat for the flip over type shanty.  i t might be easyest to just use a bucket with a padded swivel seat on it.  
There is nothing in the world I'd rather do than ice fish!

Offline cityfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 18, 2003, 09:53 AM »
I bought a Clam Voyager end of last season and have been super excited. Then I see they changed the style of the seat. That was my biggest complaint. The old ones were uncomfortable and too close to the edge of the sled. I bought a swiveling cushioned boat seat end of summer and will try to retro-fit that to the existing harware. Since you don't have hardware to worry about, I'd just buy a seat kit from Clam for about 60 bucks. Slides front to back and has storage. Or for about 12 bucks you can just use a folding chair. The conduit idea is going to be a bigger pain in the @$$ then you want. Listen to Da_Roc and just get the kit. Here's the web link. http://www.the-clam.com/accessories.html

Offline Turkeyhunter10ga

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 18, 2003, 01:38 PM »
I've gota 3 year old Trap III, has a carpeted bench seat that mounted solid to the tub. Took out the bolts (mounting) and installed a piece of PVC tubing (1 ") i think to the tub, then on the underside of the rails mounted a piece of 1 1/2 inch PVC with a slot cut on underside to clip over the tub mounted PVC, now i have a sliding seat.  Then found a padded folding boat seat ( cheap , it had no swivel to it) then shopped at Menards for a lazy susan style swivel base, mounted it to seat and now have a sliding/swivel seat.  It doesn't even come close to the canvas on the flip.  Good Luck

Offline Da_Roc

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez! Ya hve to hunt them to catch em
« Reply #6 on: Nov 19, 2003, 09:00 AM »
I bought a Clam Voyager end of last season and have been super excited. Then I see they changed the style of the seat. That was my biggest complaint. The old ones were uncomfortable and too close to the edge of the sled. I bought a swiveling cushioned boat seat end of summer and will try to retro-fit that to the existing harware. Since you don't have hardware to worry about, I'd just buy a seat kit from Clam for about 60 bucks. Slides front to back and has storage. Or for about 12 bucks you can just use a folding chair. The conduit idea is going to be a bigger pain in the @$$ then you want. Listen to Da_Roc and just get the kit. Here's the web link. http://www.the-clam.com/accessories.html
 Hi Guys Clam corp has changed there web site.  It is now www.clamcorp.com.  These folks are extremely helpful and down right nice when you need help or suggestions.  If you call the numer listed you will actually talk to a person. I guarantee they will help you any way they can!
Da Roc

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.