Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 239612 times)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #4980 on: May 29, 2024, 05:09 AM »
54* clear and calm.

The wife's follow-up went well, doesn't have to see that doctor again for 3 months.

While we were down that way, we stopped at Mohawk Honda, every once in a while I would hear a noise when in reverse. It is normal on a Hybrid, it's the generator. You would think they would cover that in a 700+ page manual.

The lake has come up about 5/6 inches and I do hear some reports of the walleyes starting to hit. May be getting the boat out, SOON!

Have a good day and be well.....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #4981 on: May 29, 2024, 07:43 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Refreshing 56* with sunshine and a breeze this am, might touch 70 today.

H2..excellent news on your wife’s appointment, what a great morale booster!!  :clap: :bow:  Sounds like the bite is picking up on the reservoir…will be looking forward to your maiden voyage!  :thumbsup:
  Jeff…ughh, that sucks about the bear. Guess the sweet smell of what was hiding inside the Hefty bags was too much to resist. Hopefully the Yogi won’t be a regular visitor. Had a couple broken branches on a few plants but other than that garden survived the heavy rains.   :thumbsup:
  Steve…you’re a good man helping out your friends Mom, I’m certain that was very much appreciated….well done!  :bow:
  Bud…ah yes, the deer flys are absolutely horrible, relentless. Glad the swelling is going away, gloves and a head net should help.  :thumbsup:
  Wally…a nice cooler day for an ice cream ride unless you’re seeing rain out your way?  :thumbsup:  As if the slugs and snail’s aren’t enough to deal with, seeing an increasing amount of caterpillars here now. I’d never make it as a farmer!  ;D

Like Steve mentioned, thoughts and prayers to all effected by the tornadoes and severe devastating weather.
  Waiting on the sun and breeze to dry up things here so I can get the mowing done also. Little League game this evening.
  Cawfee’s still on….
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4982 on: May 29, 2024, 07:47 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....glad the appointment went well, the same wished for today  :clap:

IW.....the grass ALWAYS needs mowing here  ::)  hope Yogi keeps moving on  :-\

MrC....the benefit ride is this Saturday, weather is looking good  :thumbsup:

IFF....fingers crossed you can cross your fingers today  ;)2

Eddie....glad the garden survived the storms   :thumbsup:  good luck to the team tonight  :)

Good to see the sun this morning after more rain yesterday/last night  @)  might try to mow today if things dry out a bit  :flex:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4983 on: May 29, 2024, 11:11 AM »
Eddie
Fires are to the South and mostly West of the lake so good for us so far.
Looking at a couple of inches of rain later this week that should help.
Ice went out on my lake this weekend and the big lake is still 60% or so covered.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4984 on: May 29, 2024, 07:00 PM »
Good evening, everyone :bow:

Looks like a couple of rodents want to live in my shed ??? Not sure if they will behave or not. From the looks of the bigger one, someone must have taken a shot at it.

Hope everyone had a good "Hump Day" :thumbsup:

Dave...glad to read the fires are keeping their distance from you.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4985 on: May 30, 2024, 05:07 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                           It's 48* and cloudy here on my hill.
                           H2l...........That's great news on your wife's report. :thumbsup: If the eyes are starting to hit, it's time to get out. :flex:
                           Eddie........That's good that your garden didn't get a beating from the storm. :clap:
                           Wally.........I got my lawn mowed yesterday afternoon, I hope yours dried out enough. :unsure:
                           Dave.........It must be a relief for you to know the fires are well south and some rain is coming. :thumbsup:
                           Marv..........Thanks for sharing the video, he was fun to watch. :roflmao:
                           Steve.........Kudos for taking care of your friends mom. :bow:
                           Even though it's cloudy I'm going to head over to Trout Lake and try and finish the deck.
                           I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4986 on: May 30, 2024, 05:34 AM »
48* and cloudy over this way also.

WS, I was seeing one of those around here a couple weeks ago, haven't seen it since.

My doctor appointment went well. Got 2 Echo's and 1 EKG. They had a student from HVCC working with them yesterday so she also got to do an Echo on me. All my blood work came back good plus the doctor sent in a script for some of those "magic" pills my brother has for his gout attacks, just in case.

Not much planned for around here today, maybe some house work.

Have a good day and be safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4987 on: May 30, 2024, 07:19 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Partly cloudy and 50*, high of 67 here today.

Wally…we had to take a pass on last nights ball game but they did score another win!  :flex:  Glad the weather is forecasted to be nice for Saturday’s run, hope it’s a record setting day with both riders and $$ raised!!  :thumbsup:
  Dave…thank you for the reply, very happy to read those fires aren’t a threat to your area!  :clap:  Hopefully the rains forecasted will help slow them down. Sounds like your planning was spot on for the cabin trip with the ice going out, can’t believe how much ice is still left on Great Slave, incredible!  :thumbsup:
  Marv…thanks for sharing the video, perfect placement with the camera, enjoyed that!  :thumbsup:   :clap:
  Jeff…good luck finishing up the deck job today!   :thumbsup:
  H2…congrats on the good results, glad all went well yesterday!  :clap:  Sounds like you got the green light to get the boat ready….. ;D

Not a heck of a lot on the planner yet today. Got the lawn taken care of yesterday, some weed whacking to finish up. Might fire up the chainsaw and play lumberjack with a few small trees now that my incision has healed up fairly well.
  Cawfee’s still on…brownies under the dome!  ;D

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4988 on: May 30, 2024, 10:00 AM »
 Hi ER's just a few more canoes found in the lake up to 11 now I think oldest dated 2500 BC

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4989 on: May 30, 2024, 02:26 PM »
Hey Dennis question for you.  Mendota boat launch fees ?  Good place to launch my boat ?
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4990 on: May 30, 2024, 05:21 PM »
Evening all,

WS.....great video, love the pair of cardinals  :thumbsup:

IW.....yep another mowing in the books  :flex:  the grass is growing so fast it's amazing  :o

H2L....good to hear the check up went well  :clap:

Eddie.....hopefully we have a good turnout Saturday, we'll lose some to the last day of Americade but the regulars will show up  ;)2  just a reminder, don't overdo things, no set backs allowed sir  :nono: :whistle: :woot:

IFF.....do I hear the motorhome firing up again  ???

Having some battery issues with the new laptop, appointment with the Geek Squad tomorrow, fingers crossed it's a quick fix  :unsure:

Have a good night. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4991 on: May 30, 2024, 09:05 PM »
Good evening rain on Wednesday night heavy at times. Today sunny with mostly clear sky.
Ice Wanderer sorry to hear the bear had visited your neighbors before you and got into their trash hopefully if you all take preventive measure it will move elsewhere. may the weather have allowed you to complete the deck staining at Trout lake today.
Hunts2long good to hear the doctor visit for wife and you went well. Sounds like it is time to get out on GSL with your boat and chase the walleyes.
Eddie may you be able to keep the garden pests in control. To bad you missed the little league game congrats to your grandson and his teammates on their victory.
Drifter good to see a post from you. Glad to fires are South and West of your location may the forecasted rain help the fire crews. Best wished for your upcoming vacation.
Whopper Stopper thank you for the video may the groundhogs not cause to much damage to your shed and property.
Old Goat sounds like an interesting discovery on the canoes.
IFF best wished for you when and if you make the trip to Wisconsin.
Wallyworld may you have a good turnout and nice ride for the benefit ride on Saturday.

Have a good night. best wished for all fishing.
  Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4992 on: Today at 05:42 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                            It's 45* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                            Eddie............I hope everything went well with the tree removal. :thumbsup:
                            Wally............The weather for tomorrow looks picture perfect for the run. :clap:
                            H2l...............That's good news on your appointment. :clap: Good idea to get the prescription just in case. :thumbsup:
                            Bud..............On the road again? ???
                            Steve............A black bear's territory can be up to 15 square miles.  :o He's been seen in a 3 square mile area. :whistle:
                            OG................Are the canoes just floating free or have they found the on the bottom? ???
                            I have a therapy appointment this morning then some shopping.
                            I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4993 on: Today at 06:07 AM »
47* and sunny.

WW, good luck with the laptop issues.

Northville/Placid trail is 100 years old, going to be a good weekend to stay out of the village.

Have a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4994 on: Today at 06:39 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, H2, Morning Everyone,
  Sunshine and 49*, high of 70 today. Local news said it was 34* this morning up in Saranac Lake, NY.

Jeff…I held off on the chainsaw yesterday, maybe later today. Hope your therapy session goes well this morning. Going to be a busy weekend up your way with Americade going on. :thumbsup:  Did you finish up the deck project yesterday?
  Steve…gardening sure presents its share of challenges, lol, but the rewards are worth it…sometimes.  ;D 
  Wally…wishing all the riders a safe trip tomorrow!  Best of luck with the Geek squad today… :thumbsup:
  Bud…safe travels if you’re going to be on the road this weekend!   :thumbsup:
  OG…I believe you shared some info on the canoes here before. Will have to look into that again.   :thumbsup:  Hope all is still going well with your Mom.
  Dave…hope all systems are a go!! Will be looking forward to your cabin adventures, be safe!   :clap: :flex: :thumbsup:
  FH4…hope you have a good wrap to the week, best wishes to your wife with the sales this weekend.   :thumbsup:

Almost time to flip the calendar again, May sure went by quickly. Off to the grocery store to see what’s affordable, lol.
  Cawfee’s on…

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4995 on: Today at 08:07 AM »
Well it has been a short week, but a long week. Late trailers this week and then plant tripped out from some work yesterday. Might be a long weekend as well, depends on how it all cleans up.  It looks like everyone had a good week. Drifter hope the fires get put out and they stay away from town and the cabin, only a few more weeks for vacation.  Well better get back to work and get some more samples done.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4996 on: Today at 08:33 AM »
Good morning ER’s. Some last minute chores to tackle today. Then get RV fired up for the 12 hour trip north.  For some reason my to do list just keeps getting longer and longer

Best to all
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4997 on: Today at 09:27 AM »
Morning all,

IFF….safe travels

IW….good luck with today’s therapy

H2L…..hopefully it’s just a battery issue

Eddie…..affordable and grocery shopping shouldn’t even be in the same sentence anymore

FH4……hope you don’t end up having to work this weekend

Newly hatched tree swallows

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4998 on: Today at 07:21 PM »
WW thank you.  Went and picked up Linda’s travel trailer from storage lot in Chattanooga, no need to be paying for storage when there’s plenty of room for it at the farm.  Lucked out having jumper cables with, no hand wrench for the electrical landing gear to lower it onto the hitch ball. Hope to be on the road at first light.

Jeff don’t you just love therapy :whistle:
Bud

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.