Author Topic: 11 mile Ice Fishing Contest  (Read 1386 times)

Offline RangerEdgren

• IceShanty Rookie
11 mile Ice Fishing Contest
« on: Jan 04, 2015, 09:32 PM »
hello everyone im pretty new on this sight, I live in CO and im thinking about hitting up the Ice Fishing comp at 11mile on the 10th. Has anyone ever been to on held by them? hows the atmosphere of the people and the personell running the compittion. I'm sure its always a good time just want to enjoy myself. Thank you everyone

Edge Out! RLTW

Offline jamiehughes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • open water sucks!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 11 mile Ice Fishing Contest
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2015, 02:43 PM »
last year or the year before they busted a couple peeps cheating at the tournament's and I'm sure it had been going on for quite some time..

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2015, 04:04 PM »
The way that lake is fishing this year an 8" stocker might win it. You might place in the money with just a good story. Certainly there are guys that know that lake cold and do well every time but I'm not one of them. I haven't heard the evidence on the cheating scandal but it seems the rules get modified every year. The website for the marina that puts it on is 11milesports.com
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2015, 04:28 PM »
I just can't get excited for South Park fishing this year.  That's going to be an "interesting" tourney.  And by "interesting" I mean boring.
Paying an tourney fee, driving 2 hrs, getting a skunk or an 8" snot rocket --- I'll just hit Evergreen and catch thirty in one hour for free.
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline RangerEdgren

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2015, 10:41 PM »
ok thanks guys, i just wanted to see what it was like. and yes paying is pretty stupid in my opinion. Back in Wisconsin i never paid for a fishery. but its still fun to be out there meeting a bunch of people.

Offline USAFicefisher

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hooked Up
« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2015, 11:11 PM »
I fished this tournament last year and I'm signed up for all three this year. It is the best real tournament in CO. I guarantee it will not be a 8in stocker winning this one. There are some hogs in the mile. They also have great giveaways at the end. Last year I won a vexilar fl-8.

Offline lvrider

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2015, 08:27 AM »
I fish tourneys if cnr was an option.

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 09, 2015, 09:59 AM »
Ivrider,

+1 on the C & R! Good Fishing!
Ski
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline IceOsprey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2015, 07:30 PM »
Did anyone participate in the tourney on sat if so how did u do? Did u catch any fish, anything of note? Just a bunch of stockers? I did not, I am not good enough to even catch one fish every time i go much less pay money to fish against people that do. I did however go on Friday with my neibor and set up 100 feet from the boat ramp to catch a heck of a lot of small stockers. It was his first fish through the ice. Had a blast.

Offline RangerEdgren

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 11, 2015, 11:03 PM »
I did end up going, i did not compete but me and my buddy did pull 27 fish out of the ice all the normal 9-15in range. i cant get on the big ones and I'll figure it out soon enough. Dead Stick was not the trick what so ever. It had to be a very active jig for the fish to come in. Great day non the less.

Offline lvrider

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 12, 2015, 09:35 AM »
big baits catch bigger fish and you dont waste time on little dinkers. i was banging a big pike bait and had all trout come in to look at it. one trout id say had to been over 24 inches. bait was too big and he didnt get any hooks just a bunch of metal.

my buddy said he placed first for trout. waiting for him to reply to see how big it was. he won pike a year or two before. really cool guy.

Offline 5points

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 12, 2015, 10:23 AM »
Me and my cousin took first for trout, 18 lbs, and won big fish for trout 5.6 lbs

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #12 on: Jan 12, 2015, 01:44 PM »
Congrats, 5points -- and welcome to Ice Shanty.  Any pics?   :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline 5points

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 12, 2015, 02:42 PM »
Thanks, cant post from I phone, I'll try after work from my laptop

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 12, 2015, 04:34 PM »
That is strong. Obviously you know what you're doing to put your entry fee cheese out there and then go out and win the dang thing.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline striider

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 12, 2015, 07:41 PM »
Nice 5 points!  Congrats!  I couldn't get em dialed in that day at all.   Took one 17 incher home :(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.