Author Topic: It was a tip-up day...  (Read 1703 times)

Offline slip_knot

• Team IceShanty Regular
It was a tip-up day...
« on: Jan 07, 2010, 05:44 PM »
Hit the ice again this morning with my brother, Skittles. Fished about 7 til 9:45 or so. Same spot as the other night, but couldn't buy a hit on a jig. It was all tip-up action today. They seemed to want the smallest smelt we had too.
Average lakers we're getting are only 14 or 15 inch. Biggest was low twenties and fat. He gave some great runs and I really enjoyed it.
Caught white perch and lakers, but also had a pickerel come to the hole. Caught him about 15 feet under the ice while resetting a tipup after just landing a laker.
Need to remember to bring my camera... again, these are cell phone pics. Skittles with the first laker of the morning and a nice perch.
And no, he is not a Samurai...  ;D

I am human. I am a predator. Don't ask me why I'm staring down a hole, waiting for a fish to bite. Its instinctive and I refuse to fight it.

Offline nhpikeking

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: It was a tip-up day...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2010, 05:49 PM »
very nice i cant wait to get on some of those big white perch

catch pike like its my job

Offline landlockedsalmon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My wife said its her or the Vexilar,we'll miss her
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2010, 05:51 PM »
wow nice whitey.
If everyone concentrated on the important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishingpoles.......... ..............Remember we all live downstream

Offline coreyl302

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice fish NH
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2010, 05:48 PM »
Thats a heffer whitey
It's the journey, not the destination.

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2010, 07:09 PM »
Looks like another great day Craig!!

Ask Adrien about the window when you get a chance, yikes! LOL I dont think he will ever ask Tom and I for help again....LOL

Offline winnisquam guy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2010, 08:09 PM »
good looking perch, i haven't seen any where i have been

Offline salmon stalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2010, 03:11 PM »
Ask Adrien about the window when you get a chance, yikes

HAHAHAHAHA, that side of the building sure was cold. LOL
The outdoors, a real mans playground!!!

Offline banman1960

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2010, 03:26 PM »
Hey Slip knot, I'm looking for a more productive fishing partner...mine is broke.

Offline slip_knot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2010, 04:55 PM »
Tom, you're killing me... poor Scott or is it now officially No-Fish-Scott? I see even the locals feel bad for him and bring him cusk as gifts... Well, at least he's not ruining the fishery.  ;D
Seriously though, you guys are due for some fish. When you hitting the shack for the first time?

ScottD, I finally had a chance to talk to Adrien today about the window incident. Ugh. That must have been one of those times when everyone involved wished they could just disappear. Good thing for insurance.

WinnisquamGuy... those perch were caught just north of the little island. Haven't seemed to find a school of them yet. Just getting them one at a time. Not sure whats up with that.
I am human. I am a predator. Don't ask me why I'm staring down a hole, waiting for a fish to bite. Its instinctive and I refuse to fight it.

Offline newfound

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 11, 2010, 06:52 PM »
Are you sure you weren't on Newfound?  Cuz if it wasn't for that White, I'd swear you were on Newfound. ;D

NB

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 11, 2010, 06:57 PM »
Tom, you're killing me... poor Scott or is it now officially No-Fish-Scott? I see even the locals feel bad for him and bring him cusk as gifts... Well, at least he's not ruining the fishery.  ;D
Seriously though, you guys are due for some fish. When you hitting the shack for the first time?

ScottD, I finally had a chance to talk to Adrien today about the window incident. Ugh. That must have been one of those times when everyone involved wished they could just disappear. Good thing for insurance.

WinnisquamGuy... those perch were caught just north of the little island. Haven't seemed to find a school of them yet. Just getting them one at a time. Not sure whats up with that.

I seem to know everything to do, yet dont seem to catch them in big numbers. So far this year none yet! I dont count Saturday when we put the shack out because we really only had about an hour to try. The next trip out, will be the real test!

Tom just $ucks period!!

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #11 on: Jan 11, 2010, 07:13 PM »
Are you sure you weren't on Newfound?  Cuz if it wasn't for that White, I'd swear you were on Newfound. ;D

NB

Come on Blood hound, the lakers aren't that small on Newfound.

JIGGIN.

Offline newfound

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 11, 2010, 07:19 PM »
Come on Blood hound, the lakers aren't that small on Newfound.

JIGGIN.

Shhhh!  Yah they are.  ;D

Offline banman1960

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 12, 2010, 09:24 AM »
I seem to know everything to do, yet dont seem to catch them in big numbers. So far this year none yet! I dont count Saturday when we put the shack out because we really only had about an hour to try. The next trip out, will be the real test!

Tom just $ucks period!!

"No fish" Scott and I will be going to Alton Bay on Thursday...That's as far as we've been able to get the Bobhouse out so far. Hoping to get it to the "secret spot" soon so he has a new place to get skunked at!

Offline slip_knot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 12, 2010, 04:00 PM »
Newfound Bloodhound... we were on the north end of Winnisquam. Only caught one decent laker there the three times I've been there this year. The rest were runts... short and skinny. But they've been fighting great for their size.
Now that ice has formed elsewhere. we'll be leaving these fish to someone else. Time to fish our more productive spots.
We were on Newfound last week one day. Caught some yellow perch, saw a dandy laker that had no interest in my jig and my brother rolled a 20 to 22 inch laker but he shook the hook. We'll be back up there soon.

Good luck Thursday, NoFishScott and Batman (I mean Banman)  ;D

Offline Artic Cat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 12, 2010, 04:03 PM »
That whitey is a hog! nice job.
Fishaholic!

Offline winnisquam guy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Jan 22, 2010, 05:24 PM »

Tom just $ucks period!!
i have caught two in the last week, north end in the narrows, single fish too, good size 15-16" class

Offline jackinthebobhouse

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 22, 2010, 08:03 PM »
Nice Whitey!! ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.