Author Topic: Biggest muskie through the ice?  (Read 1642 times)

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Offline TJ Bauer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LIVE LIFE, FISH, BE SAFE, HAVE FUN
Re: Biggest muskie through the ice?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2006, 07:38 PM »
The weight on that fish is huge But My little brother caught one threw the ice that measured 51 1/2 inches long with a 24 inch girth and weighed 34 lbs. That is the biggest that I have ever seen.

Offline AD

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ice addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2006, 02:24 AM »
Post below me says it all,   thats what I get for trying to do two things at once.     :P     get the posts backwards
It doesn't matter if you didn't catch anything as long as you had fun.

Offline red_eyes

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FLAGG!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2006, 05:57 PM »
http://www.jerrysbaitandtackle.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=19&pos=37 , biggest tiger pulled outa the ice, world record tipup.
Pain is temporary, trophies last forever

MikeThePike

« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2006, 08:56 PM »
I heard of fish going close to 50 lbs being taken thru the ice out in Minnesota last winter but as far as I know Bob's NJ state record muskie still stands as the world record musky thru the ice. Who'd have ever thought it would have come from NJ?

Also, from talking to him as well as other guys that were out there that day, he made a bunch of attempts to revive the fish to release it and kept it only after he had realized the fish would not survive. Guess that could of had something to do with the fact that fish got squeezed thru an 8" hole with a girth of I believe it was 28".

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.