The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Converse Bay  (Read 1582 times)

Offline Browntown

• IceShanty Rookie
Converse Bay
« on: Feb 02, 2008, 04:22 PM »
Is there any safe ice on Converse Bay? If so how far can you get out from the access?

Offline Salmoneye

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Converse Bay
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2008, 07:29 AM »
Sorry I am so late seeing this, but if you are still around you can launch your boat at the ramp...

At least you could before this snow...Now I would want a really good set of snow tires, but there is NO ice in the bay...Well...That's not true...There is about 50 yards of ice in front of Deeds...That's the place on the east side with the float plane ramp...

I put my 12 foot boat in the truck along with a couple batteries and the electric motor...I am planning on tossing it in by hand off Thompson's and trolling for salmon...Probably not till the weekend now...

Offline Salmoneye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2008, 06:24 PM »
The ice that was at Deeds is gone...

There is a snow scum that may freeze IF we get 0-10 degree temps and no wind...

I plowed the access (mostly) today and had another driveway to do for money, so I left...When I got back, someone had done the rest, and the ramp...

Good tires on a serious rig and you can launch your boat...

Still planning on hand tossing my 12 footer in before the next storm...

I did not check the 'other' town-owned approach, but will tomorrow...

Offline Browntown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2008, 09:13 PM »
Salmoneye,

I like your style. I much prefer to be out there in the boat but I just can't seem to want to bad enough in this weather. Not sure how safe it is when the water is freezing to the side of the boat and I'd would much rather deal with frozen eyes on my jig stick not my trolling rods. Don't get me wrong, I'm willing to deal with
the the elements and I love the challenge. I was out there in the boat one day in March last year and ended up having about an 1 1/2" of snow in the boat.

Please let me know how you do out there. I kind of wish it was me.

Offline Salmoneye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2008, 08:54 AM »
Trust me...I am crazy, not stupid  :o

I will only go if it is almost glass calm...

I wish I had thought about it last week...It was glass...Only ripples were from the thousands of ducks that are hanging out...Lots of blacks and mallards, but rafts of bluebills, scoter, bufflehead, goldeneyes, etc...

Offline Fish Farmer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2008, 11:26 AM »
I'd be out there if I had a heated garage to store my boat for mild winters like this, but my boat was wrapped up around Thankgiving when she wouldn't start in the yard.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.