Author Topic: Newfound Circus Season 2019  (Read 63537 times)

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Newfound Circus Season 2019
« Reply #540 on: Jan 24, 2020, 09:41 PM »

AA I love the fact your on the millennial cusp and you are so in tune with the gen x and boomers I wish there were more of you these days most of the millennials now a days aren't worth a piss hole in the snow.... sorry rough day at work.
Correct me if I'm wrong, Frank...I believe growing up, Frank had the excellent sense to seek out and pay very close attention to elders that he wanted to learn from. He sucked up that info like a sponge, retained it and grew his knowledge base with his own experiences.
I'm guessing his genetics (family) and farm background taught him a strong work ethic. That ethic goes beyond work in to his other pursuits. Strive for excellence.
Those traits are much appreciated by plenty of boomers and makes it easy to relate to each other.
How'd I do?

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #541 on: Jan 24, 2020, 09:47 PM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap:
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #542 on: Jan 24, 2020, 09:54 PM »
I'm not that old and not that young but I guess I'm tired of the it's your job to get me on the good fish or the best deer stand mentality .... you know what get your ass off the couch and do something mommy and daddy aren't going to be there your whole life. I will help anyone who needs it just show a little effort.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #543 on: Jan 24, 2020, 09:59 PM »
Sorry as for the circus I'd love to see it stay on IS it's hilarious some of the ribbing. I've not been able to fish newfound yet but hope I can soon you guys are great keep it up don't get too much into social media it can ruin great friendships.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #544 on: Jan 25, 2020, 05:05 AM »

AA I love the fact your on the millennial cusp and you are so in tune with the gen x and boomers I wish there were more of you these days most of the millennials now a days aren't worth a piss hole in the snow.... sorry rough day at work.

Lmao! I like that analogy!

Hey I just got the truck loaded and I’m head out now to install a new subfloor and Tile for a guy. So now  I can grout tomorrow and then Monday  start on the walls. I’ve ice fished twice this year and it’s because I can’t find anyone my age in the trades or who know any trades. I’d settle for being able to show up on time with a reliable vehicle and knowledge of reading a tape measure at this point.
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #545 on: Jan 25, 2020, 05:07 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, Frank...I believe growing up, Frank had the excellent sense to seek out and pay very close attention to elders that he wanted to learn from. He sucked up that info like a sponge, retained it and grew his knowledge base with his own experiences.
I'm guessing his genetics (family) and farm background taught him a strong work ethic. That ethic goes beyond work in to his other pursuits. Strive for excellence.
Those traits are much appreciated by plenty of boomers and makes it easy to relate to each other.
How'd I do?

Excellent summary imo Richard!  ;D

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #546 on: Jan 25, 2020, 06:39 AM »
I’d settle for being able to show up on time with a reliable vehicle and knowledge of reading a tape measure at this point.
Have you run into "27 and one little line after the first two big lines" yet?  ;D

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #547 on: Jan 25, 2020, 07:59 AM »
Have you run into "27 and one little line after the first two big lines" yet?  ;D

LMAO....it's sad, but this happens alot. The owner hires some nitwits, just because we can't find any good people in the trades these days.
I just look at them like....are you effing kidding me? I can't even have you as a cut person? What are you good for then? Gopher?
(Saddest part is some of these guys are in their 30's) How do you get that far in life not even knowing how to read a tape?
Just baffles me 
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #548 on: Jan 25, 2020, 09:05 AM »
LMAO....it's sad, but this happens alot. The owner hires some nitwits, just because we can't find any good people in the trades these days.
I just look at them like....are you effing kidding me? I can't even have you as a cut person? What are you good for then? Gopher?
(Saddest part is some of these guys are in their 30's) How do you get that far in life not even knowing how to read a tape?
Just baffles me

Ya but they can type with their eyes closed.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #549 on: Jan 25, 2020, 10:32 AM »

Lmaoooo I told you that one huh?

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #550 on: Jan 25, 2020, 12:33 PM »
Lmaoooo I told you that one huh?
Actually you hadn't, but I know those guys are out there.
Even my generation had some.  :(
They show up more often when the economy is good.

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #551 on: Jan 26, 2020, 01:16 PM »
It is a dangerous year. Brought the shanty to Newfound yesterday but it only made it to the driveway. Very dark crappy ice that goes from 3-8 inches within a few feet. Water and slush on top and that was before the rain.

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #552 on: Jan 26, 2020, 02:34 PM »
just had to pitch in my 2cents from the great white north.  i've been following the circus since the beginning.  easily my favourite thread on the shanty, along with best deals, this one hurts the pocket book alot less though!  seems like a bunch of great folks.

jiggin, you have a great audience here - the show must go on  ;D

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #553 on: Jan 26, 2020, 06:32 PM »
It is a dangerous year. Brought the shanty to Newfound yesterday but it only made it to the driveway. Very dark crappy ice that goes from 3-8 inches within a few feet. Water and slush on top and that was before the rain.

Captain I'm sure that dam brook isn't helping the ice conditions.

Offline Dipstick

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ( jigging Joe)
« Reply #554 on: Jan 26, 2020, 06:52 PM »
What Brook? Huh? 3-8" is that enough for my truck to drive on? All kidding aside... I fished the side of that lake that I like to call the slums (where us poor people fish) Thursday. Huge ice ridge at the "access point" and the way it was plowed didn't help. Saw the same ice, 3-8", but the cracks and fissures we're what will get people in trouble. We had one gap that went from 3" to 12" and took on water. Careful out there folks

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #555 on: Jan 26, 2020, 08:29 PM »
Captain I'm sure that dam brook isn't helping the ice conditions.
I’m sure the brook was running across the ice last night. Couple years ago I fished on 14” of ice on a Sunday. By Friday it was open water.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #556 on: Jan 26, 2020, 09:19 PM »
I’m sure the brook was running across the ice last night. Couple years ago I fished on 14” of ice on a Sunday. By Friday it was open water.

I’m glad I picked this year to sell my bobhouse! With these conditions it would have been a royal pain moving and blocking (and worrying)!
Stay safe out there!

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #557 on: Jan 27, 2020, 06:39 AM »
Thanks mowbizz! Picture was from 2 years ago. Crazy “winter” for sure. Still on shore waiting for Jack Frost! Looks like a drag out on Fridays and pull back in on Sundays type of year! 😡🏴‍☠️

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #558 on: Feb 10, 2020, 08:13 AM »
Finally got the shack out! Pulled it out Friday am in light(😉) to heavy(😡) freezing rain. Got it set up and enjoyed watching the rain turn to heavy snow. Caught a couple lakers, one was 22-23”. Whatever snow fell got blown away by the wind. Saturday was cold and “breezy”. Caught one laker but a beautiful day! Ended up with 2 Thursday, 2 Friday, and 1 Saturday.

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #559 on: Feb 10, 2020, 08:38 AM »
Great pics capt the night shot looks awsome!!

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #560 on: Feb 10, 2020, 09:06 AM »
Good stuff Capt. Glad to see it leave the yard.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #561 on: Feb 10, 2020, 09:29 AM »
Aye Captain can't wait to get there and walk the plank.

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #562 on: Feb 10, 2020, 10:04 AM »
Great pics, Cap. I too, especially like the night shot.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #563 on: Feb 10, 2020, 11:21 AM »
just had to pitch in my 2cents from the great white north.  i've been following the circus since the beginning.  easily my favourite thread on the shanty, along with best deals, this one hurts the pocket book alot less though!  seems like a bunch of great folks.

jiggin, you have a great audience here - the show must go on  ;D

Thank you ran7ger, really appreciate the comment.

Taking a year off of posting the Newfound Circus Thread on Ice Shanty and instead trying out Instagram. You can find me at jiggin69 if you you want to stay up on the latest on Newfound for this season.
Also posted up videos of trapping suckers, red fins, early ice fishing and some new ponds i tried out for browns and brookies.

Something different this season.

Thanks again for following.
Jiggin.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #564 on: Feb 10, 2020, 11:32 AM »
Nice job Capt. Black!! Now we have a light to guide us to the dark side providing we can get there if the ice ever gets thicker.

Offline zwiggles

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #565 on: Feb 10, 2020, 12:07 PM »
Way to go Capt. Black! Friday was a crazy day out on the ice. We were checking ice for the derby all over and it kept switching back and fort hood between, rain, hail and snow the whole time

Offline DRAGIN

• IceShanty Rookie
  • HERE FISHY. FISHY
« Reply #566 on: Feb 10, 2020, 05:49 PM »
Glad to see the Circus is still alive. Hoping to slide the house out this weekend. ???
Jiggin; Really missing your input, but know what this sight demands of you (time and effort)

Offline DRAGIN

• IceShanty Rookie
  • HERE FISHY. FISHY
« Reply #567 on: Feb 17, 2020, 04:10 AM »
Was able to get the shack out. Set it up and fished for awhile. No fish, but did see Jiggin and CH in the parking lot and heard from Laker Taker. Nice to be back in the circus.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #568 on: Feb 17, 2020, 07:32 AM »
Was able to get the shack out. Set it up and fished for awhile. No fish, but did see Jiggin and CH in the parking lot and heard from Laker Taker. Nice to be back in the circus.
Good for you Dragin! Better late than never! I kinda miss having a shack out there but don’t miss the work and worry...hope you jig up a Newfound trophy!

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #569 on: Feb 17, 2020, 09:01 AM »
Good job Dragin! Only been out a couple weeks ourselves! Welcome back to the Big Top!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.