Author Topic: decent day on lake winnipeg  (Read 1860 times)

Offline 793bob

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • grow stupid grow
decent day on lake winnipeg
« on: Jan 12, 2008, 08:58 PM »
access is good on warner road.we had our lines in just after 8.ended up with 19 walleye between a few of us.the best was using a silver chubby darter with half a frozen shiner.

Offline WALLEY HUNTER

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: decent day on lake winnipeg
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2008, 07:46 PM »
access is good on warner road.we had our lines in just after 8.ended up with 19 walleye between a few of us.the best was using a silver chubby darter with half a frozen shiner.

I've never been to lake wpg before, where abouts are you fishing, i wouldn't mind giving it a shot.
Jacques

Offline 793bob

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • grow stupid grow
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2008, 07:57 PM »
go past petersfield about 13 or 14km you will see on chalet beach rd.turn right until you hit the stop sign,you can continue straight through on chalet beach rd which will be one access to the lake or you can turn left at the stop for about half a mile and turn right on warner road.i've been out there only three times myself.the first group of shack are about a mile and a half out.basically try anywhere from that point on thats what i did.on the weekend i drove about 3 to 4 miles out to the last shacks that was the mouth of the red.we caught ten there but i went north of the village.everyone says move move move out there until you find them.

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2008, 10:35 PM »
Good to see you're doing well out there 793bob  :)
Thanks for the good report  8)
Blue Igloo

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.