Author Topic: Thanks to all  (Read 795 times)

Offline bigbucky1

• Team IceShanty Addict
Thanks to all
« on: Nov 30, 2008, 07:37 PM »
Even though many of you who helped may not have realized it,  you helped me modify my sled I haul all of extras to the ice today.  Considering we were under a winter weather warning until morning I really did not have a lot to do anyway and had been checking old post on things to do.  But here are a few pics of what I did to my viking sled.  There is a place for my rod storage, 20lb tank, heater, 5 gallon bucket,  and a closed compartment to put my lures and etc small stuff in a place and close the lid.  When the paint dries, it is still wet as I write this,  and I get it loaded down I will post more pics to show what it looks like when ready to go.  Just felt the need to be more organized this year. 
first coat of paint

After looking at it I knew I had some gray paint to better locate stuff in the compartment at night.

the sled looking from the opposite end with the door closed you can see where the dividers are

<br />

Offline jimmygunns

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Add more bacon, son!
Re: Thanks to all
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2008, 08:10 PM »
Nice!  I wish I had the time today to work on my stuff, instead I was opening baby presents @ the shower my mom threw us today down in IN!  Do you always die hard it out there, or do you have a shanty too?  Just wondering, because I was thinking of working on my sled for the warmer times I don't want to drag my Pro out.

Offline bigbucky1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2008, 09:12 PM »
That sled goes all the time.  When I need the shack I just put this sled on the top of the shack and drag out to the water that way.  There is only a couple of places this is a problem as far as weight but I deal with it for now.
<br />

Offline Illinoizboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Chicago, Il. No, I never met Al Capone.
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2008, 12:35 AM »
Hey, I like that idea of lightening up the inside of the sled floor.
I'm thinking, maybe just do the half that is behind your seat so if you have to look back for something it will be easier to spot.
One a Da Boyz from Illinoiz
U.S.A.F. Vietnam Vet 66-67

Hello,my name is John.... and I am an ICE HOLE.
God Bless our Troops.

Offline bigbucky1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2008, 09:31 PM »
loaded up without the auger to kind of see everything.

Here she is with the auger strapped on. 

I think I am ready to hit the hardwater at least till I see something else I can live with out.
<br />

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.