The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Yet another reason for people to frown  (Read 2224 times)

Offline fishinaround

• Team IceShanty Regular
Yet another reason for people to frown
« on: Nov 19, 2011, 08:18 PM »
So I was out on the otter creek today (in brandon) and someone decided to throw their deer parts, legs, ribs and such on the river ban. OK! But, I looked into the water and what should I see? A plastic trash bag with other sundries deer discards in it. People, this makes sportsman look irresponsible! I only hope the person who did this isn't a member of shanty because you know where I could end up.... In a bag in the creek. C'mon people~ J
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles.

Offline Zorros shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish N.E. >)))>
Re: Yet another reason for people to frown
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2011, 11:01 AM »
I am a hunter of whitetail and it makes sportsmen look real bad doing things like that. They could have taken the carcass and put i deep in the woods or throw it away properly.

Offline iwantone2.4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 20, 2011, 11:04 AM »
I am a hunter of whitetail and it makes sportsmen look real bad doing things like that. They could have taken the carcass and put i deep in the woods or throw it away properly.

Im a hunter to, and this dissapoints me :-\

When luck becomes habit it turns into skill

Offline fishinaround

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 20, 2011, 11:39 AM »
oh and one better, today I was out and found what looked like some parts of a cow, prob weighed 150 lbs. **censored**!!!
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles.

Offline bradroy55

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2011, 04:56 PM »
oh and one better, today I was out and found what looked like some parts of a cow, prob weighed 150 lbs. **censored**!!!

Sounds like your walking in somebodies boneyard! But seriously, its not hard to dump deer waste somewhere that coyotes will take care of it for you overnight, and dont leave your trash with it!  :cookoo:

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 23, 2011, 05:48 AM »
Stuff like that makes sportsman look bad, Should be more responsible.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Doubles Shooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 23, 2011, 06:13 AM »
Yes, this crap happens too often here too >:(.

Offline dylan8351

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Its got some weight to it!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 23, 2011, 06:41 AM »
Sounds like a good place to set up for muzzleloader to do some douchebag management just in case they get another!
I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money. You can keep "The Change"

Offline Zorros shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish N.E. >)))>
« Reply #8 on: Nov 23, 2011, 06:46 AM »
Sounds like a good place to set up for muzzleloader to do some douchebag management just in case they get another!
Ohh! Planning your "stupid people management program"!

Offline GrizlyGarou

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 23, 2011, 06:58 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if it was a poacher that tossed the parts. I don't know any hunters that would be so disrespectful, anyway...

"One hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in or the kind of car I drove, but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."  Anonymous

Offline Tooold

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Nov 23, 2011, 07:10 AM »
See it more then i care to think about, Then we sportsmen wonder why we loose more hunting area, guess we just need to look around and we have our answer. One or two bad eggs spoils it for the rest of us

Offline dylan8351

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Its got some weight to it!
« Reply #11 on: Nov 23, 2011, 07:15 AM »
Ohh! Planning your "stupid people management program"!

Yeah. It just ticks me off because people do this all the time. They're just lazy. Some kid got in trouble for it last year where I hunt. He was dumping deer on private property (right next to the road where everyone could see it) and the landowner called the warden to complain. It only takes a few bad guys to make us all look bad! I can't believe the land isn't posted now... the owner isn't for hunting!
I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money. You can keep "The Change"

Offline Zorros shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish N.E. >)))>
« Reply #12 on: Nov 23, 2011, 09:50 AM »
Yeah. It just ticks me off because people do this all the time. They're just lazy. Some kid got in trouble for it last year where I hunt. He was dumping deer on private property (right next to the road where everyone could see it) and the landowner called the warden to complain. It only takes a few bad guys to make us all look bad! I can't believe the land isn't posted now... the owner isn't for hunting!
Common sence, if the land owner does not want people to go on or hunt his property he should put a "Posted" sign there like 2 or 3 bucks at Lowes or Home Depot. And for the kid why would you dump deer right near the road and on some one elses property. All you can do is imagine what these people are thinking.

Offline bradroy55

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Nov 23, 2011, 07:14 PM »
It's always a shame to see that our sport is rarely reflected upon in a positive light. All too often you hear news stories about people breaking Fish and Wildlife laws, disrespecting the sport, and being unethical. This unfortunately portrays sportsmen as a whole in a negative light. We need more highlights and examples of successful hunts, Success not being measured in the taking of game, but in the experience derived through the pursuit, as well as the memories shared between parties. This, in my opinion is where the media controls our destiny in many ways. We always see the highlights of the football game on the evening news, but rarely see the highlights of our sport on our TV's. The positive word needs to be spread in order to combat what the poachers show us as.

On a more positive note, Water's freezing ;D

Offline Zorros shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish N.E. >)))>
« Reply #14 on: Nov 23, 2011, 07:18 PM »
Brad you got the point of news, look at CNN or Fox News or any other big news network and they just show bad news and rarely ever good events. In local news yes there is quite normally good news around here. And as they say bad news travels 2x faster than good news.

Offline bradroy55

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Nov 23, 2011, 08:24 PM »
Brad you got the point of news, look at CNN or Fox News or any other big news network and they just show bad news and rarely ever good events. In local news yes there is quite normally good news around here. And as they say bad news travels 2x faster than good news.

Exactly, although I typically don't look at fox news... Haha

Offline Vermont

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Nov 23, 2011, 08:27 PM »
I dont know who really watches Fox news. On Family Guy they had a whole episode making fun of Fox News.
-20F is only a little chilly

surflizard

« Reply #17 on: Nov 24, 2011, 06:59 AM »
I dont know who really watches Fox news. On Family Guy they had a whole episode making fun of Fox News.

But zorro, you are so much more entertaining then the family guy !! Nice try "vermont" !  ;)2 :roflmao:

Offline ssinvt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Nov 24, 2011, 07:41 AM »

I would rather look at Jackie and Karin in the morning on fox news any day over Gary Sadowski.    ;D

Offline Relheok

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Swamp Yankee
« Reply #19 on: Nov 25, 2011, 11:22 AM »
The deer parts don't piss me off. The bugs will eat it and the fish will eat the bugs. The trash bag is unnecessary though.

Offline fishinaround

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Nov 25, 2011, 11:59 AM »
Yeah Rel... That's what I was getting at.

Offline vtshantyman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • grab your rod and get jiggy with it
« Reply #21 on: Nov 26, 2011, 06:12 PM »
well its like they say you cant fix stupid **censored** i mean the carkas will be taken care of by nature but i am not really certain how we got on the topic of fox news but i for one happen to like my news honest and non biased so ya i like my fox news !!!

Offline DyingBreed

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • DYING BREED
« Reply #22 on: Nov 26, 2011, 06:37 PM »
Sad ..... now on to "ethics" class.......
If the women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy !  Fish on, gotta go ..........!!!

Offline scavanau

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Dec 10, 2011, 04:28 AM »
My opinion is anyone who'll do that will also take a deer out of season.

I spoke with a warden about a dump site I found, he called me back later stating it was a great place to set up his camera.

Offline Bpeterson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Dec 13, 2011, 08:34 PM »
People do that here all the time. They just toss everything off the bridges - it must be one of my neighbors considering it happens so much around here.

Brad

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.