The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Canyon Ferry Tourney  (Read 1878 times)

Offline Mt.Bucket

• Team IceShanty Addict
Canyon Ferry Tourney
« on: Dec 04, 2009, 04:01 PM »
I remember some guys on here last year won this tourney/derby and was wondering if anybody would want to form a team this year? A little early to be getting on it but what the heck. I and a couple buddies one it the year before, and we fish it often. Fished Beaver Creek last year instead and would like to stay close to home this year.  Thanks  ;D
Live Free Or Die.

Offline Dinga LING

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • <
Re: Canyon Ferry Tourney
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2009, 03:49 PM »
I would certainly consider being on a team but not if we have the same weather as last year.  It was brutal.

Give a man a fish,  he eats for a day.
Teach a man to fish,  he sits all day on the ice drinking beer.

Offline ManStorePatrick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2009, 03:59 PM »
im fishing in it as well, and dont know if I will have a team again this year. I'd be down for the cause to keep the title on ice shanty. even in the cold weather.

Offline fishinwithbrittanies

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2009, 05:20 PM »
That was pretty brutal last year.  I remember having more fun in the bar having a beer and eating burgers.  I fished the year before (same day but I was not in the tournament) and it was gorgeous for me and my wife, plus the fishing was great.  If the weather is decent I'll be up again but if they're are calling for the same stuff as last year forget it.
Its better to have hooked and lost than to have never hooked at all - J.B.

*WARNING*  This man fishes with dogs off leash

Offline perchhogslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the bite
« Reply #4 on: Dec 08, 2009, 09:51 AM »
wow... a bunch of fair weather ice fishermen... Yeah it was freeze-your-bells-off cold last year, but we still nearly limited out in 2.5 hours for 3 guys.
I LOVED the Ice Shanty team we put together last year, but this year I promised a couple friends I'd fish the tourney with them. We do need a spotter still if anyone is interested. Equal cut of the prize money if we win anything. With the permission of the team you'd be observing, you can fish, but fish caught don't count twards your teams fish; they'd just be for fun.

An Ice Fisherman is a man who spends cold days sitting on the ice doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
« Reply #5 on: Dec 10, 2009, 07:59 AM »
wow... a bunch of fair weather ice fishermen... Yeah it was freeze-your-bells-off cold last year, but we still nearly limited out in 2.5 hours for 3 guys.
I LOVED the Ice Shanty team we put together last year, but this year I promised a couple friends I'd fish the tourney with them. We do need a spotter still if anyone is interested. Equal cut of the prize money if we win anything. With the permission of the team you'd be observing, you can fish, but fish caught don't count twards your teams fish; they'd just be for fun.

So Fame has gone to your head I see "teammate"... 

I'll be there but, I guess a new team is in order.  Quantoson will be there too, right beside me! 

Saturday was the worst day last year, Sunday wasn't bad at all.

Offline fishinwithbrittanies

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 10, 2009, 08:26 AM »
I'd love to team up with some other shanty members on the derby, but I plow snow and don't know when I am ever going to work.  I would hate to make commitments and have to bail the day of.  I hope that the shanty pulls it off again.  That was pretty cool last year.  I had heard none of you guys had ever fished together before.  That makes a statement for this forum and icefishing in general.
Its better to have hooked and lost than to have never hooked at all - J.B.

*WARNING*  This man fishes with dogs off leash

Offline montanafishingr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 10, 2009, 11:22 PM »
Im going to fish it this year. Dont have a team put together yet but I will be there.

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
« Reply #8 on: Dec 12, 2009, 09:03 AM »
Neptune,

I will be there!  YeeeeHaaaaa!  It was cold, but I had the time of the season doing it. 
wish you many hook-ups

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
« Reply #9 on: Dec 14, 2009, 10:48 AM »
Neptune,

I will be there!  YeeeeHaaaaa!  It was cold, but I had the time of the season doing it. 

if we get ICee all we need is a spotter... Unless you want to spot this year Quantoson..???

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
« Reply #10 on: Dec 14, 2009, 06:16 PM »
I'm the spotter! ;D :thumbsup:
wish you many hook-ups

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.