The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Norton pond  (Read 1365 times)

Offline drfhaha123

• Team IceShanty Regular
Norton pond
« on: Jan 10, 2009, 08:03 AM »
Anyone fish Norton?,I would like to plan a trip,where do you park,best part of pond to fish pike through the ice?Thanks

Offline NH piker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm tracker2011 on MFF
Re: Norton pond
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2009, 07:37 AM »
Norton Pond used to be good fishing. It still is at times but so many more slow days than not. There's plenty of parking at the boat ramp. If you've never been there before you'll drive by the road to the landing, I still do. I like to make one trip at least a year. Walking out is very tough. Always alot of snow. Most people drive out ( not me). If you have a wheeler or snow machine that would be great as the best place I've had action is as soon as you hit the ice hang a right and go out about half way down pond and you'll usually see many trucks parked in the middle (there fishing for perch) and at the first little inlet area on your left start in there. My very first trip I had no idea where to start and someone told me about this spot and I caught Pike all day. No stop in the action. BUT I have never done so well since. Good Luck.

Offline lake snake

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2009, 10:23 AM »
 If your traveling a long distance, I wouldn't recommend this place. There are plenty of better options if your going after pike. JMO

Offline drfhaha123

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2009, 01:25 PM »
If your traveling a long distance, I wouldn't recommend this place. There are plenty of better options if your going after pike. JMO
Where would you recommend for pike?

Offline lake snake

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2009, 02:09 PM »
 The setbacks on the Connecticut River, Lake Bomoseen, Lake St. Catherine, Lake Carmi, Lake Hortonia, Lake Memphramagog, Lake Dumore, Glen Lake.  Where are you coming from?

Offline drfhaha123

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2009, 04:03 PM »
The setbacks on the Connecticut River, Lake Bomoseen, Lake St. Catherine, Lake Carmi, Lake Hortonia, Lake Memphramagog, Lake Dumore, Glen Lake.  Where are you coming from?
Coming from Worcester Ma.,we fish lake champlain alot wanted to try some place different for pike.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.