Author Topic: UP Derbies  (Read 1920 times)

Offline srobocop

• Team IceShanty Regular
UP Derbies
« on: Dec 20, 2014, 01:54 PM »
Alright guys... where are the derbies this year?

I just moved back from MD last year. I lived up here for 23 years before that, but only did derbies for a couple years.

I remember there being a Worm Lake Derby, Otter Lake, Lake Independence, Teal Lake, LBDN, Etc... I just can't remember the dates... are there any others in the UP worth checking out? I live in the Marquette area and willing to make up to a 2 to 3 hour drive.

Thank you!
-Sro
"I ain't from Michigan, I'm from the U.P."

Offline 5loaves2fish

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: UP Derbies
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2014, 02:09 PM »
I know vermillac is January 3rd.
Banjo

Offline Rippenlips

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Is it a keeepeerrr???"
« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2014, 12:05 AM »
the jig it in esky, and the Gogebic hog-a-thon are a couple that aren't listed and I think there's one on au train lake too

Offline backwoodswalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2014, 06:54 AM »
Teal lake derby is history. Not gonna have it anymore. The first or second weekend in February, sawyer lake by Channing has a pretty good one. Tip up town of DA u.p its called. Republic sportsman's club has one on perch lake. Have not heard anything about it yet for this yet. I wish they would advertise them better up here.  Steve

Offline SnoHam13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2014, 09:59 AM »
Alright guys... where are the derbies this year?

I just moved back from MD last year. I lived up here for 23 years before that, but only did derbies for a couple years.

I remember there being a Worm Lake Derby, Otter Lake, Lake Independence, Teal Lake, LBDN, Etc... I just can't remember the dates... are there any others in the UP worth checking out? I live in the Marquette area and willing to make up to a 2 to 3 hour drive.

Thank you!

I heard that the Otter lake derby is Jan 10 according to the gang that I was fishing with on Rice lake yesterday

SnoHam13

http://broadcast-everywhere.net/142/calendar/otter-lake-ice-fishing-derby-jan-10/

Offline SnoHam13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 21, 2014, 03:04 PM »
also there is the Chassell  VFW  tourney the end of Feb. on portage lake
the date has not been posted that I know of

SnoHam13

Offline kmonty

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Yeah Eh!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 21, 2014, 04:41 PM »
In Manistique they do a derby on indian lake, a lot of people cheat thought. Catch fish and keep them alive in their holes for a week before the derby. There is also a good derby on McDonald lake 12 miles away from Manistique in Gulliver lake. Don't know the dates but im sure you can google them.
Yooper!

In daa beginning der was nuttin.. Den on da first day god created da U.P. On da second day he created da partridge, da deer, da bear, da fish, and da duck. On da turd day he said let der be Yoopers to roam da U.P eh. On da forth day he created da udder world below!!

Offline Teggs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 23, 2014, 07:57 AM »
Teal lake derby is history. Not gonna have it anymore. The first or second weekend in February, sawyer lake by Channing has a pretty good one. Tip up town of DA u.p its called. Republic sportsman's club has one on perch lake. Have not heard anything about it yet for this yet. I wish they would advertise them better up here.  Steve

The derby on perch lake is only 5 hours long and is for kids only ages 16 and under. It is in the middle
Of January.

Offline srobocop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 27, 2014, 11:06 AM »
Thank you guys for all the information! If you know of any others would love to hear em
-Sro
"I ain't from Michigan, I'm from the U.P."

Offline Tomz1986

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 11, 2015, 12:42 PM »
antione has one each year with a decent pay out but rules are jacked. Gotta pay per hole and can only fish holes they drilled. Usually a big perch takes it.

Offline SnoHam13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 11, 2015, 12:49 PM »
antione has one each year with a decent pay out but rules are jacked. Gotta pay per hole and can only fish holes they drilled. Usually a big perch takes it.

welcome to the site

SnoHam13

Offline rico1391

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 20, 2015, 08:03 PM »
There is a walleye derby the last weekend in January on Munuscong Bay over here in the EUP.  Starts 6am Thursday through noon Sunday.  Pays 1-15 place, and first is $800.  There is also a kids division for walleye and pike.  Also a smaller derby the last weekend of walleye season.

Offline POLEBENDER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 22, 2015, 12:51 PM »
Indian Lake Derby in Manistique is this weekend the 18th and 19th

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.