Author Topic: Underwater Lights  (Read 988 times)

Offline upblindfisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
Underwater Lights
« on: Feb 22, 2012, 03:42 PM »
Anyone ever tried using them? I saw a couple videos and they looked pretty interesting..

Offline mi-coastie

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Underwater Lights
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2012, 07:21 PM »
Used them for smelt fishing near TC. Work good for drawing in bait fish which logically brings in the game fish.

Offline DB Cooper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 22, 2012, 07:40 PM »
Has anybody ever had any luck using them for crappie in the U.P.  All i need is another reason to stay out on  the ice after dark, drinking, snowmobiling, playing cards etc...!

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 23, 2012, 01:42 PM »
I got a submersible green light I tried a couple times..not much luck yet with it but it sure does draw in the super small little creatures that the bait fish eat...couldn't believe how much there was around the light that u could see when u looked down the hole

Offline Chris Raymond

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lifelong Outdoorsman
« Reply #4 on: Feb 23, 2012, 02:33 PM »
I don't fish crappie but have used them for smelt fishing.  FWIW, if I were getting one right now, I would probably look hard at one of these LEDs -- http://www.fishinglightsetc.com/superbrite.html.  High output, low draw and zero interference with flasher from what I've found so far.  I have one that is zenon or some such and sucks batteries hard.  I have another one that throws so much interference on my flasher that I simply can't use both together. 
Chris Raymond

Offline Rippenlips

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Is it a keeepeerrr???"
« Reply #5 on: Feb 23, 2012, 04:03 PM »
my buddy has one just like in the link above, the only times we've used it was smelt fishing also. I dont think it did much more for us than a lantern dose, there were tons of bugs around it but the fishing was always the same for us wether the light was down or not, his never messes with the flasher too.

Offline lipripper89

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 23, 2012, 04:33 PM »
Crappie and smelt are the only species I've had luck with using lights. They seem to spook everything else.
Good Fishin!!!

Offline IndIfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 23, 2012, 11:34 PM »
Just fish You'll figure it out

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.