Author Topic: need help!  (Read 957 times)

Offline spaz

• IceShanty Rookie
need help!
« on: Jan 13, 2010, 03:11 AM »
I am heading to munising thursday and staying till tuesday snowmobiling but I plan on sneaking away for atleast 1 day or 2 of icefishing and I have never fished the up and am looking for advise on where to go.I dont expect anyone 2 give me there hotspots just some where close and I dont care what species just want to catch something.Thanks in advance

Offline kmonty

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Yeah Eh!
Re: need help!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2010, 06:33 AM »
Best thing i can say, since i have never fished the U.P is just follow the crowds, but keep a good enough distance people don't get to mad! But im sure if you asked a group of people out on the ice, if they didn't mind sharing their secrets, or to give you tips were the fish were... im sure they would.
Yooper!

In daa beginning der was nuttin.. Den on da first day god created da U.P. On da second day he created da partridge, da deer, da bear, da fish, and da duck. On da turd day he said let der be Yoopers to roam da U.P eh. On da forth day he created da udder world below!!

Offline huntandfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2010, 10:37 AM »
Havnt fished muni yet but I hear thier is a good bait shop to get the low down from.

Offline spaz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2010, 06:19 PM »
sounds good do you know the name of the bait shop?I was also wondering the ice conditions if anyone knows?

Offline kmonty

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Yeah Eh!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2010, 12:07 PM »
Im sure the ice is good up that way, hasn't gotten very warm for awhile up that way.
Yooper!

In daa beginning der was nuttin.. Den on da first day god created da U.P. On da second day he created da partridge, da deer, da bear, da fish, and da duck. On da turd day he said let der be Yoopers to roam da U.P eh. On da forth day he created da udder world below!!

Offline green hornet

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2010, 12:16 PM »
I don't know what the ice is like in munising, but in the marquette harbors there is no ice... so i would call ahead to check on the conditions before making a trip...

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2010, 01:16 PM »
from what i have been told there was around 4" of ice out in front of the anna river a week ago

Offline hunterdan1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 16, 2010, 10:41 PM »
If you go down high way 13 south out of Wetmore there is hurdreds of inland lakes to fish.About ten miles down there is a small store call forest glen they sell bait and tell you where to fish.
hope that helps

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.