Author Topic: HI never saw that before...  (Read 1340 times)

Offline joco

• Team IceShanty Regular
HI never saw that before...
« on: Jan 01, 2007, 11:35 PM »

I just receive a call frome are cottage up maniwaki,,,,,,,,,the lake is not even close to freez not even in the bays.....all big lake are not froze at all....all water..
we never saw that in the past,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,50years and more up there,mabe it never happen at all..... >:(.

i was thinking going for white fish up there.............no way.

and the next 12 days dont look good for it......

the only good thing about all this is my hydro bills.... ::)

but i would not care pay the extra 100$ to have those -20 -25 for a few days to get that ice...

joco

Offline Mikey

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: HI never saw that before...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2007, 07:07 AM »
joco....it's a sad year for ice fishing for sure...and I surely wouldn't want to be one of the guys who dumped a ton of cash into a Ski Doo either...I may go down to the river today to take some pics....this is DEFINATELY not normal.....if this keeps up...we'll have to look at changing the namw of this site to "Softwater Shanty" LOL!

Mikey

Offline Scumking

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: HI never saw that before...
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2007, 09:19 AM »

Yeah,for sure a really bad year  >:(.Just looking outside and wondering what to do!!!! I can't tell you how many times i've sorted thru my stuff ;D.Joco,I think it's the wind that's keeping the larger open waters from freezing ???. I read a post from Quinte and the guys had to go thru some ice so some bigger water has begun to harden. 

Ron

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.