Author Topic: little beaver lake  (Read 1762 times)

Offline buzzr

• IceShanty Rookie
little beaver lake
« on: Jan 21, 2011, 08:50 AM »
Made it out to little beaver for a little wlile yesterday afternoon. Fishing was kind of slow but did manage to catch 5 small rainbows and lost a couple more. Was really good to be able to get out there.

GOD BLESS

Offline gwebb

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: little beaver lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2011, 04:14 PM »
Me and my nephew made it out this morning, ended up limiting out around 4pm. It got kind of slow from 10:30-3:30. I'll be heading back out in the morning to give it another go around. Tight Lines....

Offline gwebb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2013, 08:20 PM »
I know this post is old, just didn't want to start a new one for Little Beaver SP. If anyone is thinking of chancing it to icefish, I wouldn't advise it yet, I checked it out this evening and my spud would sink through in one chop in most places. I did go to one spot that gets first ice, could still spud through it easily. Drilled a hole maybe 4 feet out and it may have had 2" of ice. I will check it out again, maybe tomorrow evening, if not then on Sunday. If anyone does chance it take precautions please.

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Mason-Dixon - Crappie beware!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2013, 08:44 AM »
Should I add this lake to the reports and conditions page?  If so, I'd need some add'l info.

County
Maximum Depth
Size (acres)
Species

And anything else that you think people would need to know.

Thanks gwebb for the reports on this lake.
Kevin Wilson
http://fatboysoutdoors.blogspot.com/

Don't Leave Fish to Find Fish!

Offline gwebb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2013, 09:12 PM »
Should I add this lake to the reports and conditions page?  If so, I'd need some add'l info.

County Raleigh
Maximum Depth 18 feet
Size (acres) 18 acres
Species Largemouth Bass, Crappie, Bluegill, Channel Catfish, stocked with trout January through April

And anything else that you think people would need to know.

Thanks gwebb for the reports on this lake.

It would be great to me if you could add it, I just wish more people would post conditions as they find them, nothing I can do about that though. I will post when I go check it out.

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Mason-Dixon - Crappie beware!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2013, 03:18 PM »
gwebb, I posted the lake in the Reports and Conditions board. 

It would be great to me if you could add it, I just wish more people would post conditions as they find them, nothing I can do about that though. I will post when I go check it out.

You can do something about it.  Get people that you meet out on the lake to join Iceshanty and post conditions and reports on the lake thread.  They can do it vaguely, no need to give out too detailed of info.  Most people are interested in ice thicknesses and if it's safe to go or not, etc. 
Kevin Wilson
http://fatboysoutdoors.blogspot.com/

Don't Leave Fish to Find Fish!

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yelling at the fish on my screen
« Reply #6 on: Feb 05, 2013, 04:43 PM »
gwebb, I posted the lake in the Reports and Conditions board. 

You can do something about it.  Get people that you meet out on the lake to join Iceshanty and post conditions and reports on the lake thread.  They can do it vaguely, no need to give out too detailed of info.  Most people are interested in ice thicknesses and if it's safe to go or not, etc.

Agreed fat boy we need some more members on here is pretty slow.  Told some guys on deep creek about it. So maybe we will get a few more members or lurkers lol

Offline gwebb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 05, 2013, 04:56 PM »
I have mentioned it to a few people when out on the ice, I checked it out yesterday evening and unless the extended forecast changes I again doubt there will be any icefishing down this way. I did manage a trip to Deepcreek this past weekend, fished Saturday and only managed 1 pickeral and 8 Perch. Ice was 3.5" on Turkey Neck way before the powerline. If the ice stays I might head back up in a few weeks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.