The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Tired of cleaning gills.........  (Read 11052 times)

Offline afishhawk

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Tired of cleaning gills.........
« Reply #120 on: Feb 20, 2010, 12:52 PM »
...If he was looking to jam this person up that bad...why wouldnt he have cited them in the end?  

...he was a direct witness.
As I had said before in my a previous post. The CO knew it was "Trivial" and it would not stick. It would have been embarasing for him to try to justify his actions in court. This way he can fullfill his power/control needs without having to defend himself to the judge.  He was just flexing his muscles to see if he could intimidate them.
It probably helps his ego some to browbeat a few good sporstmen, them let them off the hook to make himself look like the good guy. (That really happens more than you think)

I am sure there are far more important things he should be concerned about. We have migrant camps all around us and the land owners tell me that they feed thier entire families all summer on venison shot at night in the orchards without block permits or hunting licenses.

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #121 on: Feb 20, 2010, 01:36 PM »
As I had said before in my a previous post. The CO knew it was "Trivial" and it would not stick. It would have been embarasing for him to try to justify his actions in court. This way he can fullfill his power/control needs without having to defend himself to the judge.  He was just flexing his muscles to see if he could intimidate them.
It probably helps his ego some to browbeat a few good sporstmen, them let them off the hook to make himself look like the good guy. (That really happens more than you think)

I am sure there are far more important things he should be concerned about. We have migrant camps all around us and the land owners tell me that they feed thier entire families all summer on venison shot at night in the orchards without block permits or hunting licenses.

Actually conservation law has a very low tolerance so it wouldnt be considered trivial to be over the limit of possession. It is likely this would have not been overturned, unless the other party came in and testified that #1 was holding #2's fish, then it would be  up to the judge. Im still not sure how a person clearly in violation of the law, it would be considered flexing his muscle...? I guess we'll agree to disagree......

Offline USMarine2001

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #122 on: Feb 20, 2010, 02:52 PM »
This my friends is why there are no more good deeds done anymore!! cause it's gonna bite someone in the butt.  Thas why people just watch other homes get broken into and stand by and do nothing. just like the 15 year old girl in new york who was getting beat by 5 other girls and the SECURITY people just stood there and watched.

the ol saying goes " Yes you are my best friend, but I wanna punch you in the face right now!!!" Would you defend an LEO who has broken the law? the same way you seem to be defending this CO? or would you stand by thier side too because they are your "brother"  You defend the association they have with you, not the person they are. Do I defend every Marine, nope, do I argue with many of them, sure do, I know plenty of them that I just can't stand, or could care less about, doesn't mean I would defend them at any cost.

I can't help but to wonder what form of LE you are in Hollywood?

There is not one person who has not broken the law in a number of ways if not even repeatedly. You have to use some common sense in which by THIS situation there was NONE! I say it again from the story that was given... the CO watched and then asked what he did. Common sense says they guy gave the other two his fish.

Offline USMarine2001

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #123 on: Feb 20, 2010, 03:00 PM »
Secondly, I will also agree with what someone else said, "if your tired of cleaning them why go out there? Why not release all caught?" Not very sportsmen like to take more than you need/want. BUT It's nice to see the good deed done, by giving them to someone who will enjoy/use them. But it's a shame that it could have bit someone in the butt.

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #124 on: Feb 20, 2010, 04:08 PM »
This my friends is why there are no more good deeds done anymore!! cause it's gonna bite someone in the butt.  Thas why people just watch other homes get broken into and stand by and do nothing. just like the 15 year old girl in new york who was getting beat by 5 other girls and the SECURITY people just stood there and watched.

the ol saying goes " Yes you are my best friend, but I wanna punch you in the face right now!!!" Would you defend an LEO who has broken the law? the same way you seem to be defending this CO? or would you stand by thier side too because they are your "brother"  You defend the association they have with you, not the person they are. Do I defend every Marine, nope, do I argue with many of them, sure do, I know plenty of them that I just can't stand, or could care less about, doesn't mean I would defend them at any cost.

I can't help but to wonder what form of LE you are in Hollywood?

There is not one person who has not broken the law in a number of ways if not even repeatedly. You have to use some common sense in which by THIS situation there was NONE! I say it again from the story that was given... the CO watched and then asked what he did. Common sense says they guy gave the other two his fish.

I would not defend a LE that breaks the law, but I will stand by one who is doing their job according to the law.

Offline afishhawk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #125 on: Feb 20, 2010, 06:50 PM »

This is my last post directly related to this, since some peoples minds here are already made up that LE  and CO's are guilty until proven innocent,

I knew you couldn't leave this alone. LOL your gonna give yourself a heart attack and it will all Blues fault, just cuz he gave two guys some fish. Relax, go fishing, you don't need to be so defensive.

Offline USMarine2001

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #126 on: Feb 20, 2010, 07:54 PM »

This is my last post directly related to this, since some peoples minds here are already made up that LE  and CO's are guilty until proven innocent,

I knew you couldn't leave this alone. LOL your gonna give yourself a heart attack and it will all Blues fault, just cuz he gave two guys some fish. Relax, go fishing, you don't need to be so defensive.

Yes no hard feeling here, a good debate is rather healthly for the heart and it saves from taking it out on the wife or kids (none of which I have or do).

Offline afishhawk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #127 on: Feb 21, 2010, 10:32 AM »

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #128 on: Feb 21, 2010, 02:51 PM »
All is good...I ready to fish, except the 6-10" expected to come in tommorrow....I guess with the season I have had, the snow cant hurt....

Offline TntBull

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #129 on: Feb 21, 2010, 10:45 PM »
Your posts are starting to sound like your a whooped puppy dog!! Why don't you just say it and get it over with!! Co's and Leo's some of them use the power givin to them in the wrong way!!  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.