Author Topic: Advise on Harding  (Read 837 times)

Offline BigRaven

• IceShanty Rookie
Advise on Harding
« on: Jan 03, 2009, 06:54 PM »
Hey guys I have been up here for a long time and have fished the other lakes in the interior pretty hard, but never Harding. Is there any advise? Should I hot the same places I do in the summer? What is the trick? I would really like to get some nice Char and Lakers through the ice.

Offline catchumall

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • God bless the USA and Canada!
Re: Advise on Harding
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2009, 07:56 PM »
Harding is a tuff nut to crack and there is no "trick" that I know of that will work every or most of the time.  It seems like what works there on one given day will not work the next.  Hardware and soft plastic tube worms and white jigs seem to be the best for me and last year I had some luck with white with a touch of red on it  A flasher is nearly a must there and just look for areas where other people have been fishing.  Harding is one of my favorite places to fish but it is also the lake where I catch the fewest fish.  Good luck.   :tipup:
Bob

Offline BigRaven

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2009, 08:12 PM »
Is there a depth I should be targeting?

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Life's Tougher and Funner in Alaska;
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2009, 09:08 PM »
Hard to say and it depends on the time of year and time of day. I have caught fish in depths of 140 to 80 foot of water and everything in between to include just below the bottom of the ice.

God luck and I'm hoping to get a little more time on Harding this year too.

Offline killandgrill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2009, 10:01 PM »
Wish I had better tips than those already offered because a fresh laker meal is pretty good.  Everything already posted is true.  About the only piece of advice I have is be mobile.  If you aren't marking fish, move!

Offline BigRaven

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2009, 12:49 AM »
Thanks for the info, I will be out there as soon as it warms up and will let you know how things went.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.