The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Walleye on Rose Valley  (Read 1480 times)

Offline Yoda on Ice

• IceShanty Rookie
Walleye on Rose Valley
« on: Dec 21, 2008, 06:23 PM »
Anyone have any suggestions, or tips for eyes on this lake? Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Yoda

Offline BrewCrew27

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Walleye on Rose Valley
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2008, 09:13 AM »
Other then 1 here  and there, they are tough to catch at the valley, some guys catch a few at night time thur the ice, but your never going to light up the score board with walleyes at r.v. ,  besides there are not many of them in the lake anymore.  My suggestion,  find another lake or grab a bible and start praying. Deepest part of the lake is back by the dam, be carefull ,the ice is always thinner due to the little bit of current from the spillway.

Offline newberry kid

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 25, 2008, 05:09 AM »
Rose valley has been getting worse for years now. We have been calling it death valley. Pan fish are hard to find on the ice. all the structure is down, the commission needs to restructure it.youll catch a lot of pickeral and a few small bass. good luck and see you there jan 1

Offline Pete H

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 25, 2008, 06:37 PM »
I have never caught any walleyes thru the ice. have caught some in the fall when fishing for bass and not great numbers of them
shut up and fish you big baby
Get er dun and lets go fishin'

Offline yukon

• IceShanty Rookie
  • leaving the ice sometimes as hard as going to work
« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2008, 08:54 AM »
I agree w/the newberry kid, I fished there in the seventies and did well,don't really know what happened to the population ???

Offline BrewCrew27

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 28, 2008, 08:45 PM »
Its called over taking, thats what happened to the walleye, perch, gills, crappie,  and now, starting to take effect on the Bass.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.