The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Glendo  (Read 54197 times)

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Glendo
« Reply #60 on: Dec 09, 2009, 10:23 PM »
Don

Offline augergas

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Dec 09, 2009, 10:39 PM »
I'll PM you when I know when and where I go, most likely Wednesday though.

Offline Keith Walters

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Dec 09, 2009, 11:04 PM »
jopes,

Thanks again for the pics.  It will take a brave soul to be the first to cross from Reno to the mountain.  Bad as I want to go there, I think I will be at least second to cross.  I will probably try the dam on Friday.  Let me know if you want to meet up with us.

Keith

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Dec 09, 2009, 11:53 PM »
Keith I will probably take up that offer to join you.  I wonder how much ice will be at the Dam? 

I will pm you my phone number. 
Don

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Dec 12, 2009, 07:45 PM »
went on tha hardwater today.  3-4 inches of nice hard ice was what I Was on.  maybe 1" of snow on the ice in spots.

Fished Reno boat launch area, nothing marked some stuff. Then 3 other guys that were on the ice ventured all the way to the mountain.  I talked to Keith on the phone for a bit and followed thier tracks over.  Ice is the same all the way accrosss where the other guys had drilled holes. 

Caught 3 perch I kept, lost a decent walleye @ the hole and caught at least 10 walleys in the 8-10" range. 

Don

Offline jignpig

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Dec 13, 2009, 08:15 PM »
You guys think it will keep making ice with these warmer daytime temps this week?

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Dec 13, 2009, 08:19 PM »
it got colder today.  supposed to drop to low single digits at night for a couple, then the middle teens @ night for the rest of the week.
Don

Offline augergas

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Dec 14, 2009, 10:15 AM »
Are there any ATV's running across from Reno yet?

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Dec 14, 2009, 10:29 AM »
none yet when I was there.
Don

Offline Moose-51

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Here kitty kitty kitty.
« Reply #69 on: Dec 15, 2009, 10:27 AM »
Is the ice holding up?

I'll be heading home for Christmas break and then I plan to fish Glendo hard.  Has anyone had success at the dam? for what species?

I'm very interested in finding the whisker fish through the ice this year.  Anyone have a few tips on Glendo catfish?

Thanks, Moose Juice
"Can you smell em yet?"

Offline Keith Walters

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Glendo Catfish
« Reply #70 on: Dec 15, 2009, 10:59 AM »
PM sent.

Keith

Offline Keith Walters

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Glendo Catfish - correction
« Reply #71 on: Dec 15, 2009, 11:11 AM »
PM sent.

Keith

Moose - I sent an email direct to your email with a picture of a catfish -not a PM through Ice Shanty (I don't know how to post a picture here anyway).

Keith

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
Re: Glendo Catfish - correction
« Reply #72 on: Dec 15, 2009, 12:01 PM »
Moose - I sent an email direct to your email with a picture of a catfish -not a PM through Ice Shanty (I don't know how to post a picture here anyway).

Keith
Keith, if you'd like to attempt picture-posting, there's a link to instructions in the Info Thread atop the page.  LT

Offline Keith Walters

• Team IceShanty Regular
Picture posting
« Reply #73 on: Dec 15, 2009, 01:44 PM »
Thanks LT,

I finally found the picture posting instructions.  Even finding the instructions is a task for an old guy just getting by with computers.  I have never even gone to "Photo Bucket" before now, but will give it a try.  Probably a good time to learn something new.  If I figure it all out, I'll try to post a picture of the catfish.

Good fishing,

Keith

Offline Keith Walters

• Team IceShanty Regular
Catfish picture
« Reply #74 on: Dec 15, 2009, 02:40 PM »

Well, Here goes.  I am trying to post a picture.

Here is a picture of one of several large catfish caught and released from one "spot on the spot" location in November.  I sent Moosejuice the GPS coordinates so he could try this spot through the ice.  Maybe the cats will still be there.

Keith

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Dec 15, 2009, 06:00 PM »
I don't see any ice in that picture.   :D

But that is a nice cat,  you C&R or you cook 'em up?
Don

Offline Keith Walters

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Dec 15, 2009, 06:14 PM »
Released just like the walleyes over 20".  I'd much rather eat perch or smaller walleyes.

Keith

Offline crazy4ice

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Catfish picture
« Reply #77 on: Dec 16, 2009, 12:31 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Well, Here goes.  I am trying to post a picture.

Here is a picture of one of several large catfish caught and released from one "spot on the spot" location in November.  I sent Moosejuice the GPS coordinates so he could try this spot through the ice.  Maybe the cats will still be there.

Keith
what do you fish with?

Offline Keith Walters

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Dec 16, 2009, 07:36 PM »
We caught the catfish with John Boy jigging spoons just a couple weeks before ice up.  They are probably still there.  Through the ice, I think they would hit a Swedish pimple with a dead (or live) minnow or wax worms.  There is so much food (shad) that they are in the habit of eating and are really fat.  The catfish should hit almost anything you put in front of them.

Good fishing,

Keith

Offline Wyohomeboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #79 on: Dec 17, 2009, 04:14 PM »
Fun catching cats that size on a light walleye jigging pole I bet!!! ;D

Offline Keith Walters

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Dec 17, 2009, 04:35 PM »
Fun catching cats that size on a light walleye jigging pole I bet!!! ;D

They do fight hard and with all the shad available for food this year, they are fat as pigs.  Very soon, the ice should be good enough to cross to the catfish spot.

Good fishing,
Keith

Offline hump

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Dec 27, 2009, 06:48 PM »
fished Glendo today. 5-8" of ice with 6-10" of snow on top. Good edges, no planks needed today. Steady bite all morning till I left at 2pm. Caught over a dozen walleye but they were all mini eyes, none kept. Did get into a mess of perch and sorted out 13 for fillets, about 5 real jumbos. will post pics later.

Offline gloomis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #82 on: Dec 27, 2009, 07:36 PM »
GOOD JOB WHERE DID U FISH AT AND HOW DEEP IM THINKING ABOUT GOING UP THERE THIS WEEK

Offline hump

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #83 on: Dec 27, 2009, 09:12 PM »

Offline hump

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #84 on: Dec 29, 2009, 12:43 AM »
So what do you guys think about the new size restriction? I think it will help the fishing. I don't think that it will hurt anyone really, there are still plenty of eaters, plenty of trophies, and the greenies will still come. I suppose some kind of management is necessary and difficult when you consider the 60-70% drawdown annually. If that sucker was 75% full all year it would be a different animal, but I guess I don't have gills and I need water too, and so do those folks downstream I guess.

Offline mulebarnmax

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #85 on: Dec 29, 2009, 07:05 AM »
This very thing has been talked about for years. I am glad to see it happen.  All the states around us have size/slot limits and they still catch fish and sell licenses. I wish they would have put in a "only one over" size limit too.  the big ones are the rare ones. And yes, I wish they could leave more water in at the end of the season but that just isn't going to happen. At least they don't completely drain it like they do at Guernsey Reservoir!! Here's to better fishing in a couple years...
No jet skiers, no bugs...how can you not like ice fishing??

Offline jignpig

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #86 on: Dec 29, 2009, 09:07 AM »
As one of those "Greenies" I am glad to see the WG&F put that in to place and I agree about the need for the over limit too...  I wish they would make the limit on walleye 4 or 5 up there, I hate to see the guys camped out up there for a week going in and out keeping more than a fair share!  Pretty amazing fishery you guys have want to see it reach the maximum potential!!! 

Does the G&F stock walleye into Glendo, or is it oh natural?

Offline gloomis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #87 on: Dec 29, 2009, 09:22 PM »
JUST GOT BACK FROM GLENDO CAUGHT 36 EYES AND 3 KEEPER PERCH BETWEEN THE 2 OF US.

HUMP WE SHOULD MAKE A TRIP SOMETIME

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #88 on: Dec 29, 2009, 09:45 PM »
JUST GOT BACK FROM GLENDO CAUGHT 36 EYES AND 3 KEEPER PERCH BETWEEN THE 2 OF US.

HUMP WE SHOULD MAKE A TRIP SOMETIME

Much rather see "36 keeper perch and 3 walleye", but that's just me- ;D
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline doublehaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Doublehaul
« Reply #89 on: Dec 29, 2009, 09:53 PM »
Is it do-able to drag a sled on foot from reno/red hills parking area to across to the dam area? "the mountain"?  I think I'm headed there for the weekend and would like to fish for channel cats.  Any feedback is appreciated.
So many fish, so little time.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.