Author Topic: Underwater Camera  (Read 1043 times)

Offline juangomer2011

• IceShanty Rookie
Underwater Camera
« on: Dec 29, 2016, 08:38 AM »
Hi guys,

I got some gift cards to scheels for Christmas. I already have a flasher and was wanting to get a camera. I'm looking at some under 350. Right now I'm leaning towards the Vexi Fish Phone. I'm planning on using my IPad with it. Do you guys have any other recommendations? I'd like to have it so my family can have fun using it. I do understand that I'll need to go to some clear lakes for it. Thanks!

Offline Knife2sharp

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Underwater Camera
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2016, 10:34 AM »
I got the Marcum VS485C, which is right in your range.  I was looking at the smaller cameras too, but I had some concerns about the life of the internal batteries and the smaller lenses.  Will those batteries be available several years down the road and easy will it be to replace them?  At least with a 12v battery I use mine throughout the year while running my depth finder on my kayak.  I don't think those smaller units hold a charge as long and if they're lithium how long do they hold a charge in the cold? 
I don't post on IceShanty often, but when I do - #Legendary

Offline juangomer2011

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2016, 12:15 PM »
I've seen that Marcum. How do you like yours? Can it record?

Offline Knife2sharp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2016, 03:32 PM »
The VS484C has a yellow video out jack, which is analog.  I don't really see the fascination with recording, but if I did want something captured, I would just record the screen with my smartphone.
I don't post on IceShanty often, but when I do - #Legendary

Offline metalbender

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2016, 04:02 PM »
Have an Aqua VU Micro 5 with recording, use it winter and summer. Love to watch the underwater action of the fish, also check out the bottom structure for things missed on screen during the outing.  Guess you could always watch vids from others. Don't want to get snarky, but watching the vids later with fishing buddies and a few brews is great.

Offline Fishtrekker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2016, 08:52 PM »
The specs for the Recon 5 cameras say that they last up to 6 hours of continuous run time, that being said, that is what I have gotten out of mine and have yet to have a problem with the lithium battery, cord or screen on it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.