Author Topic: Transducer Modification  (Read 1180 times)

Offline TrackerG

• Team IceShanty Regular
Transducer Modification
« on: Jan 15, 2014, 02:19 PM »
So I needed something to keep transducer straight in the water on wife's 346 HB fishfinder. Walking through our local Murdoch's Ranch store and found a telescoping campfire fork. Taped to the transducer and using the pipe insulation float. this should work fine...cost about 5 bucks. We will try it out this weekend and see how well it works. It adjusts from about 11 inches to 34 inches long.

Remember...just cuz you arent paranoid...doesn't mean they're not out to get ya!!

Offline TrackerG

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Transducer Modification
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2014, 02:44 PM »
Here's my setup. the cord on the ice-ducer doesn't have as much protective coating so I will find something to mount on the top of the fork handle to straddle the hole. This allows removal of the POS extra support cable that Humminbird provides with the ice-ducer but still supports the ice-ducer.

Remember...just cuz you arent paranoid...doesn't mean they're not out to get ya!!

Offline HuntHard

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • If I'm Not Fishin I'm Wishin Vexilar Rocks
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2014, 02:47 PM »
Nice
If at first you don't succeed at ice fishing

Then drink another Cold Beer                     

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2014, 06:35 PM »
Nice job! But you don't need to support the ice ducer, just let it hang from its cord.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Capt J

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2014, 02:47 AM »
Nice,

not to mention like... how cool is a telescoping camp fire fork. 

Offline TrackerG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2014, 08:50 AM »
yes...Kevin it may be true that support is not needed for the ice ducer cable, I am way too OCD to just be satisfied with it hanging in the water on a plain old float. LOL my middle name should be Custom because I rebuild about everything I have. right now I have a Lund walk thru windshield on my 99 Tracker boat on a frame that I built (with a homebuilt dash and glove box), several trailers that I have built or rebuilt, a cable pulley system in our toy hauler that lowers and raises the bed (replacing those old manual extension arms), and I sold the cargo trailer that I transformed from nothing to a Harley Davidson toy hauler with an awning!...and many other small inventions.......hang it from its cord....I think not!...lol

Offline mark978

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2014, 02:33 PM »
I remember back a few years, hummingbird added the second cable and float due to a patent infringement case, so they cant just hang it by the single cord.

Offline TrackerG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 20, 2014, 10:43 AM »
So...I took my wife's fishfinder out to Sulphur creek on Sunday to try out the new "invention". It worked awesome. We had four people fishing off the one fishfinder. picked up the two jigs closest to transducer, then turned the transducer to aim at the other two (about 15 feet away in 40 ft of water) until they got their jigs set at desired depth.....by lining up the transducer with the split in the pipe insulation float....pointing the transducer was easy..... I took the "apparatus" off my ice-ducer. just didn't like the way it worked (hanging by the one cable now).

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.