Author Topic: Vexilar FL-22  (Read 1233 times)

Offline Wiedmann

• IceShanty Rookie
Vexilar FL-22
« on: Jan 09, 2011, 02:31 PM »
I'm thinking of buying the Fl-22, been looking around on the internet for recent reviews by people using them on the ice but can't find much.  Can anyone give me any feed back on the unit if they have used or own the Fl-22?  I have a Fl-18 but was thinking of buying a new toy to play with. thanks!

Offline Junior58

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Vexilar FL-22
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2011, 03:26 PM »
Go to the electronics forum. I would avoid it right now as they seem to be having shallow issues with the Tri-beam together with the FL22. Way pricey for trouble. I'd never considering buying one even if worked right.
2010 G3 Angler V175 FS   Yamaha 150TXR

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • NYS Ranger School Alum '09. SUNY ESF Alum '11
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2011, 03:33 PM »
I'm thinking of buying the Fl-22, been looking around on the internet for recent reviews by people using them on the ice but can't find much.  Can anyone give me any feed back on the unit if they have used or own the Fl-22?  I have a Fl-18 but was thinking of buying a new toy to play with. thanks!
The Gander Mtn. salesmen was talking to me about it..he has both the fl18 and fl22. He was telling me if you fish deeper water don't go with the fl22. He was telling me that the fl18 and fl22 are about the same thing (but they are not). I wound up buying the fl18 and love it. I think you are betteroff using the $600 for tackle, new shanty, or something to butter up the wife for being gone on the ice all the time lol

Offline Wiedmann

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2011, 02:43 AM »
thanks for the input! i think for what it's worth ill just keep my 18, be nice to have the new toy but it's really not worth the amount of money it seems! Not like i can't catch them with the fish finder i have as it is.  Maybe they will come out with something new in the years to come that can get me to buy a new unit. 

Offline cutter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2011, 08:05 AM »
I had a fl8 for 10 years and bought a fl22 this year it was the best decision i made. i fish suspended crappies allot fl8 you can keep the bait close but the 22 you can keep your bait on his nose made a huge difference in my fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.