Author Topic: Vex guy buys his first Marcum  (Read 831 times)

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
Vex guy buys his first Marcum
« on: Nov 26, 2010, 05:17 PM »
Dont worry, I did not buythe Marcum flasher,

I did just buy my first Marcum camera, the 625sd. I have been looking at marcums for a few seasons and they look great. I sold off my Aqua-Vu SV100 along with my beloved DVR and now Im just waiting for my new camera to arrive.. very excited

Offline jimmygunns

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Add more bacon, son!
Re: Vex guy buys his first Marcum
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2010, 05:24 PM »
I got the 620 B&W the first year they came out.  Not saying I don't like it, but I'm wondering now if the extra hundo for the color would've been worth it.  I still can't figure out why they have no DVR for it, just a video out jack.  I need to find some kind of DVR or recording device for it.  I still think the lights are not aimed right on the camera.  It only shows light on the top 1/3 of the monitor.  Overcast days & night it SUCKS.  Also, it does suck in the light.  Only in the shanty does it show up great.  Well, after reading this post, maybe I don't like it!  LOL!

Offline sbfPA_Mike

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2010, 05:25 PM »
I have used that camera, it's amazing. Don't let anyone squak about the color camera, the black and white is awesome. There is no way I would have been successful fishing those Whitefish in the River if it wasn't for that camera. There was a heavy current, moving lots of sand and fish. I had to drill 2 holes to account for the current and the sway of my lure. Once I had it dialed in, the camera was invaluable in catching fish. Have fun with it Junky!!

Mike
I don't like it here, so I will probably be here for a while.........
 @ www.iceshanty.com  @ www.myfishfinder.com
 @ www.myhuntingforum.com[/si

Offline AdamT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2010, 08:05 PM »
I saw that Reeds was selling the 825 for $449, I would've bought it if I hadn't just purchased an FL-20 Tribeam for the same price a few minutes earlier.

Adam

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.