The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: 2nd time out!!!! ice report...  (Read 726 times)

Offline TheMadTrouter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Leave your city ideas out of my country life" -Me
2nd time out!!!! ice report...
« on: Dec 27, 2013, 11:32 PM »
went to float bridge Thursday, caught a handful of fish jigging, a couple of flags, ice is sketchy in spots still I believe, but had no problems. ice probably 4 1/2 inches, also fished green dump (today) and had about 3 to 3 1/2 inches of black ice, also was fine all day. then went up to hortonia and had 8 inches atleast in the boat launch canal. you can fallow my holes as you go out to see for yourself, couldn't believe it had that much already. also had a fellow fisherman tell me there was 10 inches up on chittendon resv. and they where hitting walleye before dark.
Ice, Beer, Tip-ups...can it get any better? Oh yeah... My wife stayed home :)

Offline NJBassDevil

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 2nd time out!!!! ice report...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2013, 12:45 PM »
I'm thinking of coming up a week early if the north end is locked up with 6". They are calling for 40 degrees and rain Sunday night. I want to be sure the ice is good before I come up. Do you think the rain will make it unfishable? Monday on is bitter cold.
Wet or solid, I love fishing

FISH ARE FRIENDS! NOT FOOD! (But deer taste good ;) )

CATCH & RELEASE

Offline dave bartlett

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2013, 02:41 PM »
     bassdevil,I don't believe it will bother it.As today was 40 degrees in Rutland and from West Rutland to Champlain was 33.If we don't get allot of snow there will be a foot of ice next weekend.

Offline NJBassDevil

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2013, 02:58 PM »
I'm gonna stick to my original plan of Jan 6th-9th. I'll have reports up each day.
Wet or solid, I love fishing

FISH ARE FRIENDS! NOT FOOD! (But deer taste good ;) )

CATCH & RELEASE

Offline fishnmachine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2013, 09:29 PM »
Maybe 40° and rain Sunday night, but a high of 10° on Tuesday, and not much warmer the rest of the week.  Don't let the 40° bother you.  It will only get rid of the snow cover so the cold can make ice....   :tipup:
                           One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.

Offline TheMadTrouter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Leave your city ideas out of my country life" -Me
« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2013, 02:30 AM »
yes I agree, once the lake is locked up it will take a couple days  of rain and warm weather to even melt away a inch and a half. all next week it is supposed to be very cold at night.. down into the negatives and only getting to the teens and low 20's during the day. we will have 8 inches of ice where there is 4 now by next weekend in my opinion.
Ice, Beer, Tip-ups...can it get any better? Oh yeah... My wife stayed home :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.