Author Topic: 2007 plans?  (Read 15656 times)

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
2007 plans?
« on: Sep 28, 2006, 11:42 PM »
Hello fellow BCers. Anyone have any exciting plans for the upcoming season? I will be travelling to Alberta for the Gull lake derby. Also hit some nice lakes while there.
Probably head out to my cabin for a week holiday in February.

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
Re: 2007 plans?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 29, 2006, 12:28 PM »
And so it begins.... :-\ ....Bigger rainbows.

2007 Lake Trout Champion. Bring it on!

"I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude"
-Thoreau

Offline holmes76

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • from P.G. in B.C.
« Reply #2 on: Oct 03, 2006, 10:44 AM »
probably just try to get out more and catch more fish. Last season was my first one on the ice and i didn't catch a lot. :)

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 03, 2006, 05:24 PM »
First seasons can suck a bit bud ;D It always gets better ;)

Offline holmes76

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • from P.G. in B.C.
« Reply #4 on: Oct 05, 2006, 05:35 PM »
it didn't really suck....i just didn't catch many fish....it was all fun though.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Oct 05, 2006, 06:22 PM »
probably just try to get out more and catch more fish. Last season was my first one on the ice and i didn't catch a lot. :)
Its really about getting out in the winter catching fish is just a plus! Look at all the people here that just love catching perch ,pike , bass and blue gill see what I mean!   Its just getting out!  :cookoo:;D ;D     quality time with friends family and kids :tipup: :tipup:
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 05, 2006, 11:29 PM »
Yes definately about getting out and having fun but its hard to wipe the smile off everyones face when you are onto the fish. The smile is a little different when you are out enjoying the scenery, cooking dogs on open fire and not catching anything. But add fish to the equation and the chest swells and you feel like your on cloud nine ;D

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #7 on: Oct 12, 2006, 10:27 PM »
It is a rush ;D I can't wait to be lookin down the hole again. "Oh crap, my rod twitched" takes on a whole new meaning after November :roflmao: Soons as I get this blasted hunting season out of my way I'll be just fine ;D
Did you get your moose TGF? (oops hunting talk)

-Thoreau

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Oct 16, 2006, 12:11 AM »
My freezer is 1/2 full of moose so no hunting for me this year except in January when my sons limited entry mule doe hunt starts. Then I will guide him into his first deer. I think we will combine icefishing with hunting at that time. Will be fun as in past we have just combined predator hunting with icefishing. Future is looking bright ;D

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #9 on: Oct 16, 2006, 01:48 PM »
Don't even get me started on the yoties. Man I'm itchin to get out and start howlin. Should be a good year. I am definitely planning to hit up Swan this winter for some walleye/pike/perch for the crapshoot (tourney ;D ) while up for the cow elk draw. Later
Kris

-Thoreau

Offline icechip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Oct 23, 2006, 07:45 PM »
Well I'd like to get into my remote ling lake. With all the bug kill around has to be some roads close to there by now. Maybe I will get ahold of Canfor and see where the roads go. I'm getting too old to go in by horseback.
Probably fish with TGF up north for an overnighter on a good laker haunt.
Also hit the local lakes around the area and the one right out my front door.

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Oct 23, 2006, 11:36 PM »
Count me in icechip. I will need to spend a night or two in hotel Hibiscus ;D

Offline Devon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Oct 25, 2006, 01:04 PM »
Count me in too. Missed it last year :'(
TEAM BC

Offline icechip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Oct 28, 2006, 01:22 PM »
Lots of room at the hotel Devon as long as you can put up with your dads snoring. I do have ear plugs.

Offline fish-slayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Go big or go home.
« Reply #14 on: Nov 14, 2006, 03:45 PM »
Well me and TGF would like to hit that nice ling lake if you would point us in the right way. PLEASE. ;D ;D ;D

TEAM BC

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Nov 14, 2006, 06:20 PM »
His lips are tight fish-slayer.....it comes from years of that hardcore moonshine he drinks :sick:

Offline salmoncandy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Nov 14, 2006, 08:49 PM »
Id like to share a local ling hot spot if there was say a trade for a secret laker or huge rainbow lake near by, and i mean the kind you actually catch fish in.
Hey there ice chip were on our way up there soon is charlie ready for me to remove some walleye from.
Let me know.
Hey whats the deal with the gull derby?? HMMM sounds cool.
Scott
Salmoncandy

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #17 on: Nov 14, 2006, 11:06 PM »
Icechip is in Fort St james, not John. I fished Charlie this summer and you shoudn't have any problems nailing plenty of walleye. There are also plenty of pike and perch with a few big burbot I've heard about too. If you're gonna be around the Dawson area go to Swan lake. Fished there lots this summer and man I tell ya, somme nice walleye in there. Yellow is your best colour there.

-Thoreau

Offline salmoncandy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Nov 14, 2006, 11:12 PM »
Hey Kris, we did an s load of fishing in both of those places this sumer, and we did indeed fair very well with plenty of huge walleye, Brother in law Jeff caught a really nice ling there whie jigging as well. I was just wondering if anyone new if there was any ice there yet.
Any work on eskers yet or any othere lakes that are froze enough for the november daredevils like us.
Scott

Offline salmoncandy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Nov 14, 2006, 11:58 PM »
OK my plans this year, hmm besides sittin on the ice and explaining to the people I'm fishing with that its just pure luck that i have caught all the fish all day.. hehe, story of my life. well lets see, as I'm newly back from Sooke, i have much ice to carve, I sort of stayed near the homestead last season, but i think i need to get to Takla and Quesnel lakes. The last time i was at either one of those places We caught lots of fish and some over 24 lbs..Nice.
I'm open to other ideas if anyone wants to put together a sweet overnighter or something worth the trip, I'm in.
Scott

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #20 on: Nov 15, 2006, 12:11 AM »
Hey I been lookin at your pics there and I'm thinkin we got ourselves a new weapon for the tourney..... ;D ;D Good to have you on board. Let TGF or I know about thursday. I want to hit some new water. Taker easy
Kris

-Thoreau

Offline salmoncandy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Nov 15, 2006, 12:21 AM »
What pics have you been lookin at, the ones on my site.??Scott
Hey I been lookin at your pics there and I'm thinkin we got ourselves a new weapon for the tourney..... ;D ;D Good to have you on board. Let TGF or I know about thursday. I want to hit some new water. Taker easy
Kris
[/quote]

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Nov 15, 2006, 07:50 AM »
OK my plans this year, hmm besides sittin on the ice and explaining to the people I'm fishing with that its just pure luck that i have caught all the fish all day.. hehe, story of my life. well lets see, as I'm newly back from Sooke, i have much ice to carve, I sort of stayed near the homestead last season, but i think i need to get to Takla and Quesnel lakes. The last time i was at either one of those places We caught lots of fish and some over 24 lbs..Nice.
I'm open to other ideas if anyone wants to put together a sweet overnighter or something worth the trip, I'm in.
Scott

Takla lake didn't freeze last year according to my native sources that live there. Lots of good lakes around there that can be hot for laker action. I can see how you would want to get on the ice if your coming from Sooke area. No life for a hardcore icer down there ;D  Good thing you didn't stay down there too long. A person tends to get webs growing between their toes from all the moisture down there.  ;D
I'm sure some of us BC boys will be doing an overnighter in January. Take the tents and spend a couple nights at some of BCs fine lakes. Will keep you posted. We are heading on ice this am as long as we don't get blown away. Stay tuned for pics.

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #23 on: Nov 15, 2006, 11:45 AM »
The ones on your site....looks good 8)

-Thoreau

Offline fish-slayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Go big or go home.
« Reply #24 on: Nov 16, 2006, 11:37 AM »
Nice pics salmoncandy iam from willow river myself look forward to fishing with you. ;D :o :D
TEAM BC

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #25 on: Nov 18, 2006, 12:44 PM »
Going out again......be riiiight back! lol. Got a few hours to kill. Might as well catch a few trout ;D

-Thoreau

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.