The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Marcum question  (Read 852 times)

Offline Mthunter

• IceShanty Rookie
Marcum question
« on: Jan 23, 2010, 05:35 PM »
I heard something today and wanted to know if anyone else has heard of this. My father was shopping for a flasher and the gentleman at the store told him not to buy a Marcum because people around you will get upset. He went on to say that if there are guys around using anything that is not Marcum it messes thier unit up. My brother in MN has told me that he has accually seen yelling matches as well as a fight on the ice becuase of this. They say that the frequency over powers the other units. Anyone ever heard of this?

Offline Rghnrdy_mt

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Marcum question
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2010, 12:33 AM »
Hmm was not aware of this, I use a Marcum. Does anyone know how far away from other fisherman you need to stay to be safe? Don't need to mess up anyone's fishing...

Offline bighof

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • have you seen me walk on water????
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2010, 02:09 AM »
I have a VX-1 and fished with 3 guys with vex fl-18 and 2 fl-20's and we had no issues..... all within 20 yds of each other.  Had toone guy with the FL20 had to play with his interference rejection but all were working fine after that.  I have heard the same thing but this is my only on ice experience with it and we all had our flashers working.
l

Offline Ice Freek

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2010, 01:47 PM »
I fished with a guy last year and we both have Marcum's and as my batery went dead his over powered mine so much I had to shut mine off! Oh I should go put mine on the charger!

Offline littlesturgeonguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2010, 01:53 PM »
Well if those guys don't like it i guess they should by a marcum and they won't have to worry about it.

Offline fishinwithbrittanies

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2010, 04:23 PM »
all the more reason to go marcum.  I had a fl 8 and before my marcum and fished with both of them for awhile.  Never had any problems.  I sold the fl 8 to my buddy and we fish together a lot.  He says he gets some interference but I don't think its anything to keep you from fishing.  I haven't seem a real problem unless we are right on top of each other.  The marcum has great interference rejection.  To be honest interference really isn't that big of a deal, annoying yes, but hardly enough to get in a fight over.
Its better to have hooked and lost than to have never hooked at all - J.B.

*WARNING*  This man fishes with dogs off leash

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.