New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Coopers Pond  (Read 1292 times)

Offline shawner

• Team IceShanty Addict
Coopers Pond
« on: Jan 06, 2006, 11:12 PM »

With the ice conditions being what they are, I've only gotten out 3 times and twice we went to Cranberry pond in Monroe county. We started talking about other spots in that area and Coopers pond came up. Always heard it was great for pike and bass, but could never get anyone to give me clear directions. Apparently its around the Braddocks/ Cranberry area, and there's a park and then a long walk thing to it. If anybody knows how to get to it, I'd appreciate some directions.  Thanks and be safe out there! :tipup:

billybono

Re: Coopers Pond
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2006, 01:11 AM »
i would post this in ny general

billybono

Offline shawner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2006, 10:15 AM »

Yeah, I guess that would be better, it was late when I put it in. Thanks Billy. :tipup:

Offline MXFISHER656

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2006, 11:09 AM »
I've fished coopers pond before during the softwater season. I would say it's part of Braddock bay. We were able to get in the pond in a 17ft boat. It's funny you bring this up becasue I wondered if anyone ever ice fished in there. I don't know how the ice gets in that area so I would wait for a couple of weeks of good freeze before I ventured in there. I also wondered if any ever fishes in the  slamon creek part of the bay during the hardwater season.

Offline willbilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ONTARIO NEW YORK
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2006, 02:42 PM »
I am new at this and am not sure if this is the place to ask , but isn't this New York General? if not how do I access NYG? I went over to Braddocks Wendsday, no one out. My Dad has fished there his whole life , I will ask him abut Coopers.

Offline shawner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2006, 04:02 PM »

Thank you gents, since I posted this I got the directions. I had heard of guys fishing it in the winter, but only when there was good thick ice. I guess guys would access it from Buttonwood, but on the topo it looks like you may be able to get at it from a side street. We'll see if we get the ice again! :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.