New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014  (Read 827276 times)

Offline Murph20

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014
« Reply #4680 on: Feb 06, 2014, 06:04 PM »

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond

Offline nitro18

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4682 on: Feb 06, 2014, 06:12 PM »
Anyone try Jewel looking to go in the am.

Offline Mr. Crappie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4683 on: Feb 06, 2014, 06:16 PM »
Hey guys and gals, just trying to get a Little info. Been trying to get the perch and eyes with little success. Well i have been on the perch for a couple weeks. Then they moved.  >:( >:( so for the past week Ive been trying to find them, mind you still havent found the eyes. I'm more of a guy who likes to find spots on my own. But getting desperate. Looking for help. Pm if you want. Any info appreciated. Heading out tommorrow!!

Offline arcticicejigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4684 on: Feb 06, 2014, 06:20 PM »
fished outta edgewater to jewel drilled hole after hole after hole! 2 jumbo perch and 5 small eyes! dec stoped in and said noone they saw was doing anything at all today! fished 24 to 35 fow! whole lotta nothing going on there!

Offline kowboyup

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4685 on: Feb 06, 2014, 07:12 PM »
Im with you on today artic. Fished hard today from daylight till almost dark and needless to say if iwas an oil driller and made my money drilling productive holes, id be broke, lol Me and the girlfriend had agood day though. We also had the dec come to my shanty and belive it or not I go to a country concert for aweek in July and we have met many times there. Small world, we bulled for awhile and he said same slow with everyone. Did see a few wheelers out and they seemed to go ok, saw one with trqcks on it qnd he was having no problem.

Offline kawz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4686 on: Feb 06, 2014, 07:34 PM »
To all walkers out there (like me), with the recent deeper snow, one thing I've done over the past several years to make the trek easier is to use snow shoes.  I take them off when I get to my fishing spots, as they can be a little awkward, but it makes the walk a lot easier.   I get some odd looks at times, but i can move a heck of a lot faster with my shoes.

Offline fish4fun8

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4687 on: Feb 06, 2014, 07:46 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3QEKT2mk_Q&feature=kp ;D
just needed one of those hot tubs the last couple weeks of these friged temps ,oh well ill take one right now loaded with ugh you know !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline RodandBobber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4688 on: Feb 06, 2014, 08:13 PM »
Ok guys, this is the year that I finally get out on Oneida. Been putting it off for a long time. Haven't much cared to as my uncle drowned out there when I was a kid and it's just always been in the back of my mind. Not looking for hot spots and wouldn't even think of asking. Just a little help as to where to access and what jigs tend to work best. I'm a walker so keep that in mind. Can't go until the 17th so if any of you guys care to make a day of it I'll bring lunch. PM me if interested.
I thank God for everything in my life. But I especially thank God for ice.

Offline Gillpill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All I need is a big Bull gill and Im set
« Reply #4689 on: Feb 06, 2014, 11:09 PM »
went to oneida for my first time last thursday. got my very 1st walleye at 18.5 inches. got 4 keeper perch and lost 2 big smallies. fished out of verona beach. it was an awesome trip finally getting to fish this famed lake.
That's a Bluegill, no that's a Sunfish...I've heard it both ways!!

Offline ICE-ADDICT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 2012 storm front off Constantia, ELECTRIFYING!
« Reply #4690 on: Feb 07, 2014, 12:43 AM »

I went out tonight with my four wheeler..NO chains on it at all, went right through the snow with ease....

Music to my ears, thank you murph!
Acting Secretary O.L.L.C.

" I can never tell a lie"  Abraham Lincoln circa  1865
                                     ICE ADDICT circa 2012

"NEVER get out there first!!"

Offline owascolake10

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4691 on: Feb 07, 2014, 05:01 AM »

I went out tonight with my four wheeler..NO chains on it at all, went right through the snow with ease....

well that is good to hear.

Offline owascolake10

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4692 on: Feb 07, 2014, 05:03 AM »
So for the weekend should i just leave the 4 wheeler home and suck it up and walk, Looking for honest answers from the locals ty, long drive from newfane, Hate to waste gas towing if i don't have to
i dont wear a helmet and tow with ropes and have never had a problem .

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4693 on: Feb 07, 2014, 05:11 AM »
I have seen troopers/sheriffs on the lake in the past and they will ticket for no helmet.

Personally I would rather wear a helmet mainly because I don't like wind and snow pelting me in the face.

The solid tow bar thing seems a little excessive. I have never seen an ECO/trooper ticket for that.

Offline Spikehorn11

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4694 on: Feb 07, 2014, 05:21 AM »
Remember to have your head lights on after sunset to guys. Last year they gave tickets out as guys came off the ice.

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #4695 on: Feb 07, 2014, 05:42 AM »
i dont wear a helmet and tow with ropes and have never had a problem .
living on borrowed time

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #4696 on: Feb 07, 2014, 05:45 AM »
Remember to have your head lights on after sunset to guys. Last year they gave tickets out as guys came off the ice.
I'm pretty sure you need headlights on all the time on all machines.....ticketing by econs seem to be based on their mood and or your previous record ...imho

Offline werline

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4697 on: Feb 07, 2014, 06:01 AM »
Is there a helmet law on the lake if you are on a wheeler?

Also, I heard that they were giving out tickets if you didn't have rigid tow bars between huts if towing more than one. true?
I called thee DEC in Syr last Friday. HAD QUESTIONS, bringing up a side by side. Cant register them. Do I need helmet? Answers are that once you ride on the STATE owned lake you need helmet, insurance & for a side by side a farmers triangle on the back end. When we got off ice at Taft Bay they (the DEC) were there and all was cool. Even got a few 19" eyes and perch. Can't wait to get back up there. From fishing every weekend to once or twice a year. Miss the big  O !

Offline chummer16

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4698 on: Feb 07, 2014, 06:24 AM »
Hey guys and gals, just trying to get a Little info. Been trying to get the perch and eyes with little success. Well i have been on the perch for a couple weeks. Then they moved.  >:( >:( so for the past week Ive been trying to find them, mind you still havent found the eyes. I'm more of a guy who likes to find spots on my own. But getting desperate. Looking for help. Pm if you want. Any info appreciated. Heading out tommorrow!!
So why didn't you share your spot when you were on them for two weeks?   

Offline Bartel Rd. Bait & Tackle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4699 on: Feb 07, 2014, 06:25 AM »
Just got in a huge fathead order as well as more med shiners. Also have been told it looks like ill have buckeyes by sat afternoon. Ill keep you posted. Have good stock of mora 6. 7. 8 in blades and a fresh stock of jigging raps and moonshines. You asked i got we now habe forage minnows in stock and a fresh shot of halis....the weekends here we are ready
Local Shop with Local Knowledge

Phone   (315) 676-2144
Website  https://www.facebook.com/BartelRdBaitTackle

perch@pans

« Reply #4700 on: Feb 07, 2014, 06:48 AM »
Just got in a huge fathead order as well as more med shiners. Also have been told it looks like ill have buckeyes by sat afternoon. Ill keep you posted. Have good stock of mora 6. 7. 8 in blades and a fresh stock of jigging raps and moonshines. You asked i got we now habe forage minnows in stock and a fresh shot of halis....the weekends here we are ready
.  Thanks Rob  I will stop in later and grab some fatheads today . Spreading what little money I have for fishing around the lake lol.

Offline Racer268

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4701 on: Feb 07, 2014, 07:12 AM »

Snagger, 
In box is full so I'm posting here.   Just saw this in Utica Craigslist.  Maybe they would trade for some fishing. 

lennox furnace - $400 (mohawk)

for trade or sale is a lennox oil fired furnace. near new, used in seasonal camp! works great! would trade for polaris sleds, hunting related items? pro chainsaws[sthil,huskydolmar] or other trades you never know

Offline LP Steve

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4702 on: Feb 07, 2014, 07:49 AM »
Hey guys !! Headed to Oneida for the first time this Sunday, can't wait!! Any chance I can get some GPS coordinates to where the fish are biting? What color jigging rap? A flasher to barrow if your not going to use it. Can someone meet me at tafts with a machine to bring me and my stuff to the spot, with lunch, a hut, a Buddy heater with a few propane bottles? Thanks guys.

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #4703 on: Feb 07, 2014, 07:51 AM »
Lol troll ^

Offline Oldtimer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4704 on: Feb 07, 2014, 07:57 AM »
Hey guys !! Headed to Oneida for the first time this Sunday, can't wait!! Any chance I can get some GPS coordinates to where the fish are biting? What color jigging rap? A flasher to barrow if your not going to use it. Can someone meet me at tafts with a machine to bring me and my stuff to the spot, with lunch, a hut, a Buddy heater with a few propane bottles? Thanks guys.

This post started my day with a hearty laugh... Thanks.....Good for people to laugh

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #4705 on: Feb 07, 2014, 07:58 AM »

See ya there at 5AM.  ::)   :roflmao: :-X

Offline icecutter2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4706 on: Feb 07, 2014, 08:06 AM »
So why didn't you share your spot when you were on them for two weeks?
;D ;)

Offline icecutter2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4707 on: Feb 07, 2014, 08:08 AM »
PM sent LP Steve with coords just in case I'm late getting there ;)

Offline nightfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4708 on: Feb 07, 2014, 08:12 AM »
 on the solid towbar thing, a piece of pvc pipe about3-4 feet long works for a cheap fix, just thread your tow rope thru it and tie it on.
Jim K.

Offline Buckethead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4709 on: Feb 07, 2014, 08:15 AM »

Not sure what time you would like so just look for the guy with the pink truck!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.