Author Topic: Upper Peninsula Competitions  (Read 792 times)

Offline MI Fish

• IceShanty Rookie
Upper Peninsula Competitions
« on: Oct 27, 2013, 11:46 PM »
I am looking to try and fish a few ice tournaments this winter. Are there many tournaments that take place in the central UP or anywhere else for that matter? I know of one (Teal Lake, Negaunee) and everyone says that it is a really slow tournament usually. I am relatively new to the area, but I would assume that there would have to be more around?
GOT'EM!!

Offline Chris Raymond

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lifelong Outdoorsman
Re: Upper Peninsula Competitions
« Reply #1 on: Oct 28, 2013, 07:33 AM »
Fishing competitions aren't my thing but the few friendly gatherings over this way are on Vermilac Lake, maybe Otter Lake and a couple in Chassell for Portage Lake.   
Chris Raymond

Offline r3kenned

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 28, 2013, 10:56 AM »
Maple Ridge Motel in Bergland on Lake Gogebic does a perch contest they call Hog-a-Thon.  I have never fished the lake/area, just a suggestion.

http://www.mapleridgemotel.com/Hog-A-Thon.htm

Offline referee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 28, 2013, 08:42 PM »
Lake Independence in Feb. and there is one on AuTrain Lake I believe also in Feb.

Offline downriverbob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 25, 2013, 07:57 PM »
I have fished the one Maple Ridge has http://www.mapleridgemotel.com/Hog-A-Thon.htm the past couple of years and won biggest walleye last year.
It is a good time and top prize for biggest perch is $1000.00 !  The get together after is a good time !

BOB
“If our father had had his way, nobody who did not know how to fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him.”

Norman Maclean

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.