The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Devils Lake fishing  (Read 1816 times)

Offline Cod Lee

• IceShanty Rookie
Devils Lake fishing
« on: Feb 10, 2012, 09:09 PM »
I was there on the 7th and 8th. I fished the mouth of Six Mile Bay in 28 fow. 1- 2# Northern and  and a dink walleye on the 7th. On the 8th, I moved over along the east side of the power lines in 35 fow and caught 6 - 2 lb Northern and 4 - 1 lb walleye. Later that day I moved to the east side of the pressure ridge in that area and caught 6 - 1 lb perch in 35 fow. A little slow but still a good time!

Offline Talls92

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Devils Lake fishing
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24, 2012, 12:04 PM »
I was fishing 6 mile over the summer for a couple days but never have through the ice yet   it appears the fish move deeper to the flats when it gets cold  is this true or can they still be found by the flooded trees ? I did pretty good in 15 to 20 FOW just past the trees

Offline jimyoumook

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 07, 2012, 07:52 AM »
thinking of heading up that way this winter how hard is it to find fish on that lake

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My kids can out fish you!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 13, 2012, 01:41 PM »
thinking of heading up that way this winter how hard is it to find fish on that lake

Find structure...find fish.  Use maps, take the advice from locals...some with a grain of salt, and use a guide for one day to get a feel for how to fish it if you are nervous about not catching fish.

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Kids that hunt, fish, and trap don't rob anyone's grandma!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.