The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: PArk Rapids report  (Read 546 times)

Offline bucksbud57

• IceShanty Rookie
PArk Rapids report
« on: Feb 15, 2010, 10:09 AM »
Saturday trip to Akeley and the Audreys Purple dream derby was a great trip. Weather was perfect, fish were caught tho very little of aany size. Mostlt small panfish, oddly enuff only 1 walleye and one pike entered, as they just weren't on the prowl. A great little derby, limited to 300 participants. Most the lakes are reporting slow fishing at this time, high skies, and stable weather, along with the february doldrums taking a toll on the fishing activity. Should see things picking up in the next couple of weeks as we move into the late ice season. 6th Crow wing beginning to warm up, crappies being taken in 18-22 feet around dusk. Lake George some fish beinig caught, 22 ft, also at dusk. 3rd crow Wing some fish being caught 4-8 pm. Eagle Lake, some better fish being caught 3pm to 6 pm in 28 ft off structure. Tigght lines and good hook-ups to all.

Offline corny13

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: PArk Rapids report
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2010, 08:36 PM »
Was the derby on 11th Crowwing?  I was over on Leech pre fishing for Eelpout fest.  It was slow there also but we did catch a nice bunch of jumbos and  5 walleyes and 1 Pout.  I took my wife and her best buddy and her husband (both newbies).. I think I drilled close to 40 holes looking for perch for them!  I didnt get a chance to stop at Delaney's to see if they have any good Pout bait?  Do you know if they have nice size creek chubs this year again?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.