The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: GULL LAKE  (Read 47469 times)

Offline StabinCabin

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: GULL LAKE
« Reply #30 on: Jan 10, 2016, 05:55 PM »
Smeltbuster you thing the bay will be good to go by the weekend?
Rippin lips one at a time.

Offline Fish Killa

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish on!
« Reply #31 on: Jan 11, 2016, 10:36 AM »
If the snow hold off it will be good by Wednesday.
I'm not as good as I once was but I am good once as I ever was.

Offline Wgorby

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 11, 2016, 11:28 AM »
If the snow hold off it will be good by Wednesday.

Now that it is locked up...if it snows pray for wind.  Going to be lots of lakes ready to go this weekend.
Follow GorbyGear on FB and Instagram

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Jan 11, 2016, 02:10 PM »
Smeltbuster you thing the bay will be good to go by the weekend?
I sure hope so ! I am going to set garbage  cans tomorrow, Check on the parking situation & check the ice. I am hoping to get out Thurs. night. I will try & post something tomorrow.
"Yes officer, my chocolate lab did shoot me,with my brothers 12 gauge"!  11-8-87,true story!          "Sorry were late mom,Chris & me just got done with a cow hunt,we each got a big black Angus with our muzzleloaders"!  (the Christmas eve cow hunt w/ my son; 2004 !

Offline StabinCabin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Jan 11, 2016, 02:29 PM »
Looks the wind opened up the 2nd bay almost to the shallow shelf.

Offline lookinfopike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 11, 2016, 03:10 PM »
I sure hope so ! I am going to set garbage  cans tomorrow, Check on the parking situation & check the ice. I am hoping to get out Thurs. night. I will try & post something tomorrow.

Let me know if you are needing any help with the cans Phil. More than happy to give a hand. I also have some new smelt flies for you to road test. :tipup:
http://www.gulllakecam.com/

Home of the "Gull Lake Smelt Factory Ice Flies"

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Jan 11, 2016, 03:30 PM »
Let me know if you are needing any help with the cans Phil. More than happy to give a hand. I also have some new smelt flies for you to road test. :tipup:
  Thanks for the offer, but it all depends on when I get out of work. More importantly though;  For anyone in the Battle Creek area that wants some KILLER SMELT FLIES ,get on down to Smitties sport shop in Urbandale, on W. Mich. ave. ! Kevin ties some great flies that work well & hold up to the toothy little critters that we use them on ! Just ask for the Gull Lake smelt flies. If Ian is working, he can show you my favorite one, but they all, catch fish !   Are we supposed to be using our real names on here, or just our screen names ?  ;).
"Yes officer, my chocolate lab did shoot me,with my brothers 12 gauge"!  11-8-87,true story!          "Sorry were late mom,Chris & me just got done with a cow hunt,we each got a big black Angus with our muzzleloaders"!  (the Christmas eve cow hunt w/ my son; 2004 !

Offline wmu1989

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Jan 11, 2016, 04:35 PM »
Lookinforpike-pm sent

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Jan 12, 2016, 03:45 PM »
South bay is all that is locked up. I did NOT check the ice, I was by myself & pressed for time. (sorry)  2nd. bay is wide open, as is the rest of the lake. LIMITED PARKING is available across the street from the party store, on the south end. Stop in & ask for permission & directions on where to park. Limited  Parking is available at the salon on 2nd. bay. Do NOT park on the road. I was unable to find out about the bible conference, but I will try to have an answer before it ices up. My sons & me will be watching ice conditions on the entire lake, & I will keep everyone posted  as to what we find. Keep in mind, that the north 1/2 of the lake, takes quite a while to lock up. With my son living 2 minutes from the launch, I can get very accurate info. "Stabin Cabin" also is a source we can all trust. 

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #39 on: Jan 12, 2016, 03:50 PM »
looks like the ice plate is going down on the camera.

Offline iluvgillz

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Jan 12, 2016, 07:52 PM »
What camera are you guys looking at if it isn't too much trouble?  Thanks in advance!

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #41 on: Jan 12, 2016, 07:54 PM »
gives us an idea of area ice. seen two people fall thru on two separate times one week.
right now it's dark and boris's sign is lit up. it's their cam.

Offline StabinCabin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Jan 14, 2016, 12:10 PM »
ICE  report south bay  2 people sitting on the docks fishing. The dock in front of the party store has 1.5 inches of soft ice put the spud through in one whack. There was one guy out in the middle of the first bay but he walked out from Lady gull diva. The Second bay is froze looks really Wet. Slushy all over. Not happen unless you think you can literally walk on water. The rest of the main lake is all open.

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Jan 14, 2016, 01:55 PM »
ICE  report south bay  2 people sitting on the docks fishing. The dock in front of the party store has 1.5 inches of soft ice put the spud through in one whack. There was one guy out in the middle of the first bay but he walked out from Lady gull diva. The Second bay is froze looks really Wet. Slushy all over. Not happen unless you think you can literally walk on water. The rest of the main lake is all open.
  Ya beat me to the ice report  ;D.  I checked both of those docks at the south end, 1 wack w/ my spud ! No fishing for me tonight.

Offline wmu1989

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Jan 14, 2016, 06:55 PM »
hope this freeze coming later this weekend tightens things up fast. North end may not be fished at all

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Jan 14, 2016, 08:16 PM »
hope this freeze coming later this weekend tightens things up fast. North end may not be fished at all
  A few years ago, when the lake did not freeze, guys were catching smelt on the north end in boats.  I am considering trying this, but its going to have to be a pretty calm night. Wont be near as warm & comfy as my shanty  though !

Offline StabinCabin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #46 on: Jan 16, 2016, 03:20 PM »
Has anyone stopped to check the ice conditions?

Offline StabinCabin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #47 on: Jan 16, 2016, 03:21 PM »
There is one guy out now. I can see him on the web cam.

Offline shaftthrower

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Jan 17, 2016, 08:16 AM »
There's a couple guys out there now !

Offline BC_ICE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Jan 17, 2016, 09:02 AM »
More guys out now. Some off camera, I have seen at least 6-8 guys out there now.
}<((((°> 
                }<((((°>

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #50 on: Jan 17, 2016, 10:44 AM »
makes you wanna be one of them. too far away and i have work.
might be time to skip a day of work or two.

Offline BC_ICE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Jan 17, 2016, 12:33 PM »
makes you wanna be one of them. too far away and i have work.
might be time to skip a day of work or two.

It is getting close for that.  ;D ;D
}<((((°> 
                }<((((°>

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Jan 17, 2016, 02:19 PM »
Looks like Thurs. night will my 1st. smelt trip of the year  ;D.  I will be checking 2nd. bay in a day or 2 . Ice reports coming ! Tied up a bunch of smelt rigs last night. Hit another local lake this A.M., & came up, just short of a limit of slab gills. Loving these cold temps  :).

Offline Zktaylor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Jan 17, 2016, 04:49 PM »
Looks like Thurs. night will my 1st. smelt trip of the year  ;D.  I will be checking 2nd. bay in a day or 2 . Ice reports coming ! Tied up a bunch of smelt rigs last night. Hit another local lake this A.M., & came up, just short of a limit of slab gills. Loving these cold temps  :).

Keep us posted! I live about an hour away so its hard for me to just drive by and check it lol. Cant wait to get up there!

Offline Beats sittin at the house

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #54 on: Jan 17, 2016, 08:29 PM »
Lots of guys out on bay today. I didn't do so well caught 5 small gills in 2 hours. Didn't really see alot of action.
There's never a bad day of fishing!

Offline aman12543

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #55 on: Jan 17, 2016, 09:34 PM »
How much ice?

Offline Zktaylor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Jan 18, 2016, 08:57 AM »
Lots of guys out on bay today. I didn't do so well caught 5 small gills in 2 hours. Didn't really see alot of action.

Did you check the ice on the second bay?

Offline Beats sittin at the house

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #57 on: Jan 18, 2016, 11:04 AM »
3 to 4 inches sketchy ice, didn't go to second bay
There's never a bad day of fishing!

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Jan 18, 2016, 02:49 PM »
I will be checking 2nd. bay on Tues after work. It was open last Tues., locked up on Thurs., w/ the cold weather, hoping for a good report. Waiting to hear from my son, about the north end.

Offline lookinfopike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Jan 18, 2016, 02:54 PM »
Finally the ice gods are coming through. I was wondering for a while if they had it out for the ole Smeltbuster ;D

Home of the "Gull Lake Smelt Factory Ice Flies"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.