The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: anyone fish around flint?  (Read 666 times)

Offline mi500

• IceShanty Rookie
anyone fish around flint?
« on: Jan 04, 2011, 11:18 AM »
Im in davison, i fish a small pond but was thinking about heading out to lake nepessing.  Anyone do any good out there?

Offline andrew09

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: anyone fish around flint?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2011, 12:23 PM »
The only time I have ever done any good on Nepessing is when i was bass fishing.

Offline mi500

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2011, 12:37 PM »
thanks for the replies ill stay off it.  any luck on the ice on halloway?  i havent heard much good about the resivoir,  but wouldnt mind your opinion.

Offline arrowone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2011, 12:48 PM »
pike and blue gills pretty good on lk nepp was there sunday but did not fish but plenty of ice and people fishing i have done pretty good on the perch the last 2 times i have gone out  but the ice racers have taken over the lk but i fish at the launch straight out and 40 yards to the right of the 2 big shanties and have done great my 9 year old boy pulled 15 8 inch perch out of there in little over an hour 2 weeks ago

Offline skunkmaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2011, 01:00 PM »
AKA Lake Nottathing

Offline terry fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2011, 04:05 AM »
You could also try big fish lake or Davison lake. I have not fished these but I do know they have public access. I also know the DNR site on big fish does not open till 8am in the summer, so ya might want to call. Think its the Ortonville state rec area.
Fish on !

Offline mi500

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 05, 2011, 07:17 AM »
i went to big fish once in summer and with all the traffic on the small lake i didnt even try.  i had forgot about it but i will give it a try and see if i can get out there.  i tend to do more night fishing just because i tend to only be able to get out after work so i dont know when i or if i will  be able to try it.  i have never been to davison lake.

Offline Mr_Jigster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 05, 2011, 07:29 AM »
You could also try big fish lake or Davison lake. I have not fished these but I do know they have public access. I also know the DNR site on big fish does not open till 8am in the summer, so ya might want to call. Think its the Ortonville state rec area.

I fished Davison lake last winter.  Didnt catch a darn thing.  Lake is very small, and very deep.

Offline mydogisscout

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 05, 2011, 12:38 PM »
Mi500 send me a PM I need a partner to go out during the week if your free. I have a few places I fish some are private with some decent fish.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.