Author Topic: Whose has been out  (Read 1403 times)

Offline Baiter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get jiggy with it!
Whose has been out
« on: Dec 26, 2005, 03:59 PM »
Back home in wyomng for the holidays and doing some goose huntin and fishing, just wondering what the fishing has been like for you guys up there lately.

Baiter
Fishing is not about life or death, it is much more important than that! And all I have to say is FISH ON baby.

Offline Grizzly1

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Whose has been out
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2005, 10:00 PM »
I've been out a few times, mostly with my son on the Anch. area lakes, but have been out to the valley a couple of times, nothing really big, just a few decent ones-always fun though.  check out the photo forum under the title "Rainbow's in Grizz Country" or similar  ???.

-Grizz

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Life's Tougher and Funner in Alaska;
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2005, 08:36 PM »
Hopefully I'll be going to Birch Lake tomorrow or somewhere so I can warm up for the tourney. Have a buddy who just put out his ice camper on Birch. I'll be  :o if I can actually get him to go, he has a way of doing that to me but I still call him my friend seein how we put our lives on the line for each other.

"A Brothers a Brother" no matter what especially in the Fire Service.

I told him about the tourney so he may sign up as well. It's the last day to fish with my old license, must remember to buy a new one.

Report to follow if I go .

FF

Offline icy mike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nope!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2005, 09:13 PM »
Hey FF,

glad to see a fellow firefighter on the Shanty.  Which dept are you on?  I've been with Palmer for almost four years and before that I was on a dept in Wisconsin.  Perhaps we can meet on the ice and swap stories some day.

Icy Mike

Offline KP_Alaska

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • George Lake February '09
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2005, 09:22 PM »
Fishing Fireman,
You must be talking about the pull trailer out near the point, I'll have to stop by and meet you. I fish out of F-75 off the point closest to the highway, belongs to a friend. Headed down to my place tonight and will be on the lake tomorrow.

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2005, 09:28 PM »
His trailer is F-167, kind a ugly but a nice place to stay warm and a pretty good spot.

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 02, 2006, 01:21 AM »
Hey KP nice to met you. How was the fishing? It was slow where we were. After drilling a few different holes out away from the bluff, we finally got a few smaller char, silvers and two nice bows about 2ish between three of us. A friend who was out Friday said the bite was on strong at his shack a 100 yds up from us towards the boat ramp. But the guys fishing where I was got skunked that day. I caught the first nice rainbow had a deep red hue to it. Hopefully the fishing will only get better with the extending daylight.

The avatar was taken that day Dec. 31st 2005.

FF

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.