Author Topic: On a Scale of 1 to 10  (Read 1161 times)

grumpymoe

On a Scale of 1 to 10
« on: Jan 30, 2006, 08:22 PM »
here's my favorite fish......Perch 10   Walleye 10   Burbot 11......Grump ;D

Offline TJG

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's like xmas, 6-8 inchs of solid ice!!!
Re: On a Scale of 1 to 10
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2006, 10:15 PM »
I second that emotion!

Offline NoLimitSoldier

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2006, 12:38 AM »
 I'll try a top 10.
To eat: 1) Perch
            2) Walleye
            3) Burbot
            4) Pike ( If I get someone who knows how to fillet them do it.)
            5) Brook Trout
            6) Arctic Grayling
            7) Rainbow Trout ( Only if taken from a deep lake/reservior. I hate "muddy" tasting pond Rainbows.)
     That's all I've eaten out of fresh water and save for Whitefish, Any Trout and some other Panfish, all I would eat.
 To catch: 1) Pike ( Hit and fight hard, grow huge and never let you down. I worship them! )
               2) Walleye ( Everyone of you who devotes your fishing existance to this fish, I understand why.)
               3) Brook Trout (The most beautiful and ellusive trout, tearing your skin and clothes in the bushes for a 1/2 lb. Brookie is worth every drop of blood lost.)
               4) Burbot ( They are the most underrated fish in freshwater!)
               5) Rainbow Trout ( What can I say about them that hasn't already been said?)
               6) Carp ( Water cattle.Ugly and stinky but what a fight on 8lb. test. I can't believe the size of these fish. I've caught them close to 40lbs. and seen ones that had to be at least 60! )
               7) Perch ( A lot of fun if you get into a big school of jumbos that feed all day. The fish that got 90% of us started.)
               8) Suckers ( I'm not high or drunk. I mean it. I think they're fun to catch if nothing else is biting. They've saved me from a skunking on a few occasions although many would still call that a skunking.)

Wow. This made me realize I have a lot more fishing to do. I haven't even caught 10 different species unless you count seagulls and crayfish. I better get busy. Next on the list: Lake Trout and Boundary Bass.
Any tosser can catch a little, sissyfin Walleye.
 Walleye suck, and Perch suck-off Walleye.
 I only fish for monster Pike, the kind that scare you right off the Walleye trail!

Offline fishnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2006, 11:22 PM »
my top 10:

To eat:
1. Perch
2. Salmon
3. Walleye
4. Pike
5. trout

To catch:
1. Pike(reliable fish, easy to find and can hit and fight hard when hungry.)
2. Rainbow(not very big, but fight like the devil.)
3. Walleye.(Hard to find and predict, but can be fun to catch if timing is right.)
4. Perch(Can be really hard to find, but fun to catch when found).
5. Suckers(like pike, are very reliable, They're always eating. but can sometimes be hard to find.  Seldom put up a good fight).
fishing - It's a religion, not a sport.

Offline cbelsh

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2006, 12:17 AM »
Live and Die for the PERCH baby............

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.