Author Topic: Jig sizes  (Read 1257 times)

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
Jig sizes
« on: Jul 30, 2018, 05:15 AM »
Trying to figure out what I have and what I want...what are the typical weights and lengths ( from bottom of hook to top of jig ) of 3 , 4 and 5mm tungsten jigs...and are these sizes I listed the same as #12 , #10 and #8 jigs. Thanks!
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline djlangen

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Jig sizes
« Reply #1 on: Jul 30, 2018, 07:38 AM »
3mm- size 16 hook, 0.5 grams
4mm- size 14 hook, 0.7 grams
5mm- size 12 hook, 1 gram

**Note that there might be a bit of variance on the jig weights above.

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jul 30, 2018, 11:02 AM »
I’m pretty sure that yourbobbersdown.com (Fiskas) has their weights and lengths posted on their site and their jigs are pretty standard length/weight.
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #3 on: Jul 30, 2018, 08:58 PM »
Trying to figure out what I have and what I want...what are the typical weights and lengths ( from bottom of hook to top of jig ) of 3 , 4 and 5mm tungsten jigs...and are these sizes I listed the same as #12 , #10 and #8 jigs. Thanks!

I usually just buy a skandia tungsten 24 pk off amazon every season. Kinda a variety pack of size/shape/colors. Usually lose a few every season so my overall inventory slowly grows. Price is reasonable too. Runs about $1.30 for painted jig.  I loved the northland hard rock mooska jigs, but they were just to expensive to fish. One large bass eats it with 2lb line......it's gone $3 down the drain.

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jul 30, 2018, 09:17 PM »
I think i got a customjigsandspins catalog laying around. I'm pretty sure their pictures are actual size for some of it. I'll mail the pages with jigs for free if you wanna PM me an address

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #5 on: Jul 31, 2018, 04:59 AM »
I’m pretty sure that yourbobbersdown.com (Fiskas) has their weights and lengths posted on their site and their jigs are pretty standard length/weight.
Yup...they have a nice size chart. Thanks! Probably gonna order a few from them...prices aren't too bad.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.