Author Topic: Nebraska get together headcount (edited)  (Read 5856 times)

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • We're making ICE boys!!
Re: Nebraska get together headcount (edited)
« Reply #30 on: Feb 16, 2012, 01:04 AM »
 Well, for the second time in a month my job has totally skrewed me up for an ice trip. I am  out of the weekend. Looking for a new job next week.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline Sandbilly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #31 on: Feb 16, 2012, 07:27 AM »
 Tomhusker. That ain't good!!

fishslap, you are more than welcome to join us. Merritt Saturday, Refuge Sun. Have you ice fished this area before?

dc

Offline hayman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Feb 16, 2012, 08:20 AM »
I wish that I could be there to join all of you but I just have to much going on here and I am unable to attend. I was hoping for that all of you to talk about my brothers benifit fishing tournament the following weekend and hope for some of you to attend that.  I hope all of you have a great weekend and I hope the fish are biting!!!!!!

Offline hankthecrank

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Nothing better than DR PEPPER on shaved ice.
« Reply #33 on: Feb 16, 2012, 11:47 AM »
I was going to bunk with Tom, now thats a not go so I am looking for new roomies, anybody out that can help me?
DR PEPPER POWERED PIKE HUNTER

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FISHING AND CATCHING, IS ONE FISH.

Offline fishslap

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Feb 16, 2012, 12:34 PM »
Sandbilly, I've never fished up there but I'm looking forward to it.  I do fish the co front range lakes when they freeze but the pan action is not so good.
Hank, I have a three man and I'm by myself so you're welcome to stay with me but I don't smoke so I just want to make sure we'd be alright there.  I'm coming from Denver so it's kind of a big investment for me for this trip.

Offline Mr Merritt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Feb 16, 2012, 05:34 PM »
Hank,  give me a call at the store 402 376-3437 and I'll get you in a cabin with fishslap.

Offline hankthecrank

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Feb 16, 2012, 05:39 PM »
Alright guys sounds like I'm set.

Offline JAM3S

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 40° makes me sweat.
« Reply #37 on: Feb 16, 2012, 06:15 PM »
I really feel for you Tom, you were the one to come up with this whole idea in the first place.

Offline hankthecrank

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Feb 17, 2012, 09:59 AM »
Yea, I'm sorry too, you deserve to go if no one else does.

Offline jimyoumook

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Feb 17, 2012, 10:30 AM »
well my gear is packed trucks gassed up alarm clock is set sanity questionable heading west come morning

Offline fishslap

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Feb 17, 2012, 01:15 PM »
Leavin Colorado now.  860-912-8580

Offline JAM3S

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 40° makes me sweat.
« Reply #41 on: Feb 17, 2012, 02:14 PM »
I'm leaving Seward in half an hour.  My original fishin buddy backed out today due to the flu.  So I called another friend of mine and gave him an hour's notice.  He's on his way now.  Have to bring his dog though as he didn't have anyone to watch her.  My plan is still to stay in Long Pine tonight and meet up with you guys tomorrow am. 

Offline Scotty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Feb 17, 2012, 03:52 PM »
Any plans for Sunday yet?It will be a game time(3am)decision but I am hoping to make it up Sunday a.m.

Offline panfishon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Feb 17, 2012, 05:25 PM »
well I have pickup pack oh crap did the water pump just go out on my way to put gas in it hum what to do measure trunk on car it fits will see you all tommorrow but it was a close one.

Offline hankthecrank

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Feb 17, 2012, 05:50 PM »
Sunday sounds like we will be fishing the refuge.

Offline timmybigtime

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Feb 17, 2012, 08:48 PM »
Headed to Merritt meeting a buddy and his wife, staying at the trading post!  Hope to join in the fun!

Offline Sandbilly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #46 on: Feb 18, 2012, 05:30 AM »
We are gaining new members and more for the trip.  :)
Are you going to join us fishngolf?

dc

Offline fishngolf

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The bigger the teeth, the better it gets!!!
« Reply #47 on: Feb 18, 2012, 07:01 AM »
We are gaining new members and more for the trip.  :)
Are you going to join us fishngolf?

dc

My brother is at state wrestling and I am doing his feeding for him so if we do make it the earliest would be late morning.
However, my son came up to go fishing and we thought about going to the refuge in the afternoon, maybe I can try to twist his arm and head over the hill to Merritt for a while. ;D ;D

Offline panfishon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Feb 18, 2012, 08:22 PM »
Thanks for the fun time guys and gal sorry had to leave early bu had alot of fun will do next year

Offline efrey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Feb 18, 2012, 09:18 PM »
Any body know what the plan is for tomorrow, made it up to valentine!!??

Offline Cherokeenation

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Feb 18, 2012, 09:47 PM »
How bout some pics of the fun for those of us surrounded by open water!   ;D
You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
-C. S. Lewis

Offline perchboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Feb 18, 2012, 10:21 PM »
Not going to make it at all wheel bearings went out on my dodge and they wanted 650 per side so I am going to wait and do it myself. Planning on next weekend if all goes right. If anyone is interested let me know never iced a fish on merrit. Hope all went well for all that attended the NEgtg. Pictures would be great to see what I missed

Offline Scotty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Feb 19, 2012, 01:59 AM »
Found ice and a bite in my backyard!Gonna save my gas for the next couple weekends to go north to find ice.Hope it was a great weekend can't wait for the pics!

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • We're making ICE boys!!
« Reply #53 on: Feb 19, 2012, 10:16 AM »
 Hope a good time is/was had by everyone who were able to attend. I'm probably gonna pack everything away for the season, since it seems I can't make plans and follow through with them.

Offline Mr Merritt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Feb 19, 2012, 10:54 AM »
Saturday was a great day to be on the water weather wise.  Most of the group had some success although the bite was not as strong as some days.  I came up a little short of a limit with 13 mixed crappie, perch and a rock bass. The morning was pretty steady but they really slowed down after noon for me. I forgot my camera so I sure hope someone remembered theirs.  There was plenty of ice on the snake and boardman for now (10-12 inches) and it probably will last until next weekend, at least in the boardman.  Most of the guys went to the refuge today.  Hope that goes well.  Reports I got were 0 to 5 inches so the refuge will probably be about done after this weekend.  About 8 of us met in the Waters Edge last night for refreshments and fish stories.  It was really great meeting those guys and exchanginghard water stories. Hank landed his first keeper ice walleye, crappie15 had a really nice 14" crappie were just a couple of highlights.  A great time was had by all and the consensus was we should do it again next year. I know I'm looking forward to it!   

Offline JAM3S

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 40° makes me sweat.
« Reply #55 on: Feb 19, 2012, 05:32 PM »
Fantastic time!  My original fishing buddy came down with the flu on thursday night.  When I found that out friday 2 hours before I planned to leave, I called another friend of mine.  "Hey Jeremy, I'm headed to valentine for two days of ice fishing.  Let's go."   He was at my door in an hour.  Pulled into Long pine to stay the night friday, ran out of propane in the camper at 4am saturday.  Made it to Valentine for more propane and McDonalds breakfast.  Show up at Merritt by 7:30 to head for the ice at 8.  Fished all day saturday and a few drinks back at The Trading Post.  Sunday we hooked the camper back up and hit Valentine.  I hooked one pike in 5 feet of water, still had fun.  HOWEVER, My camper is DESTROYED  on the inside after the washboard drive through the refuge to highway 83.  Fridge door and several cabinets broken off/in pieces, toilet seat broken off, rear wall seperating from camper itself....   Still a great weekend.  And my truck turned 200k coming home.  Happy birthday to her! 

I can't find the time to post each photo individually so here's a link to my album of the weekend on Facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150800118468765.504698.500233764&type=1&l=96d9275627

Offline hankthecrank

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #56 on: Feb 19, 2012, 06:26 PM »
Well first of all I am sorry to hear about your camper, I feel awful, after all i think it may have been my idea to have you drive through the refuge on your way out. A great weekend on the ice anyway, even though the catching and the ice wasn't so great, met a great bunch of guys and one fisherwoman. the stay at the cabins was great, thanks Jon, it made for the shortest drive to the refuge I have ever had. A great evening of story telling, I don't think too many lies were told. I am also sorry we didn't go to Dewey, it had plenty of ice, I ended up over there, but the catching was bad there too. The highlight of my weekend was being able to catch my first Walleye through the ice and a keeper at that, a whopping 15 1/4" monster, here is a pic, I wish the catching would have been better, we all would have had more pics. Looking forward to next year!

Offline Uncle Grumpy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #57 on: Feb 19, 2012, 06:37 PM »
At least you did not photo shop it. Lol.  Was great to meet up with you guys and meet new friends. How was the refuge sunday. Did not want to chance it with my running dogs so we went home. Great time and hope to do it again next year..

Offline hankthecrank

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #58 on: Feb 19, 2012, 08:56 PM »
It would not have been good with the dogs, there was way too much open water,you would have had to chain the dogs down to keep them dry.

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
« Reply #59 on: Feb 20, 2012, 05:32 AM »
WTG Hank,looks like a new avatar pic.. JT

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.