The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Conn River  (Read 1286 times)

Offline walleyeicefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'd Rather be Ice Fishing
Conn River
« on: Feb 12, 2009, 12:15 PM »
Has anyone fished for the walleye on the conn river this winter?  I got some info last night about fishing the horseshoe down near piermont. 

Offline taggin out

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Conn River
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2009, 06:36 PM »
I fished it a few weeks ago and got some good eyes.

Offline rboot

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2009, 07:46 AM »
Otis,
     The conn river is way underestimated, it's a spectacular fishery and holds a lot of great fish.  Give it a try.-Booth
<br />Ice Fish Vermont

Offline grasspikerel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2009, 10:34 AM »
I must say, the walleye fishing on the Connecticut is pretty good for medium sized fish open water.  The problem for me has been getting them through the ice.  It's just been a real tough nut to crack.  I wonder if others feel teh same way.

Offline walleyeicefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'd Rather be Ice Fishing
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2009, 05:12 PM »
Hey Booth

Can you tell me if there are any places to get bait down there?  Also, where did you tell me to park?  I found the road on google maps but wasn't sure where to park. 

Offline BASS4ME

• IceShanty Rookie
  • SOUTHERN VT ROOKIE
« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2009, 08:10 PM »
I FISHED THE RIVER A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO, AND GOT MY BAIT FROM A NEW DEALER LOCATED JUST OFF EXIT5 IN WESTMINISTER. NOT FARE FROM WHEN I WAS FISHING. DONT KNOW WHEN IT IS THAT YOU GUYS ARE LOOKING TO GO, BUT HES GOT GOOD BAIT, I BELIEVE HES ON MORSE BROOKE ROAD. OFF OF EXT 5. HOPE THIS HELPS..

Offline lennyvt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2009, 05:11 AM »
Gcr bait and supply is actually on 2747 kurn hattin road in westminster, vt. His name is Gary and you will probally want to call before you show up, because he is a truck driver and is usually gone by 4:30-5
:00 in the morning, but if you call he will make arrangments with you 802-722-4579.

Offline BASS4ME

• IceShanty Rookie
  • SOUTHERN VT ROOKIE
« Reply #7 on: Feb 14, 2009, 05:36 AM »
HEY LENNYVT HOW DID U DO AT LOWELL LAKE A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO?? THINKING OF GOING TOMMOROW. DID U CATCH ANY BASS IN THERE? AND WHAT DID U CATCH THEM ON IF U DONT MIND ME ASKING?? THNKS :tipup: :tipup:

Offline lennyvt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 14, 2009, 07:04 AM »
HEY LENNYVT HOW DID U DO AT LOWELL LAKE A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO?? THINKING OF GOING TOMMOROW. DID U CATCH ANY BASS IN THERE? AND WHAT DID U CATCH THEM ON IF U DONT MIND ME ASKING?? THNKS :tipup: :tipup:
I only went from 8-10 am with just a jig stick, got skunked and left due to the rain & water on the ice.

Offline BASS4ME

• IceShanty Rookie
  • SOUTHERN VT ROOKIE
« Reply #9 on: Feb 14, 2009, 07:36 PM »
WELL HOPEFULLY THE WEATHER IS BETTER FOR ME TOMORROW, IM GOING OUT WITH JUST MY JIG POLE ANY GONNA GIVE IT A SHOT. IF IT DOSNT PRODUCED IN A COUPLE OF HOURS IM GOING TO GALE MEADOWS. HEARD THERES SOME GOOD PERCH THERE.. ANY IDEA WHAT THEY ARE BITTING ON??

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.