The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: It Just Might Happen!  (Read 7539 times)

Offline fhsww48

• IceShanty Rookie
It Just Might Happen!
« on: Jan 20, 2006, 09:12 AM »
Accuweather 15 day forecast looks promising for ice making. The last couple days of January and first of Febuary look good. I got to get out if only to test new equipment. Got a Fish Trap Pro, LX-3 and misc. other new ice toys. With the holidays coming I blew the early ice. Who would have thought January was going to be such a krapper! Lets all think positive again.

Offline tomg

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: It Just Might Happen!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2006, 11:26 AM »
Thanks for the hope fhsww48.

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2006, 11:29 AM »
I hope it does happen.  We will need more than a couple days of good cold nights and I also seen the 15 day, but the winds are supposed to be in the 20 to 30 mph range.  ???
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2006, 12:51 PM »
At least the few lakes that still have ice will start to build ice for the prespawn fishing. Hopefully, everything will tighten up, but it's a long shot on the big lakes in the Southeast, due to the wind that always seems to come with the artic shots. My fingers are crossed! Rally cap on, etc.

Offline BCJensen

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ICE IS ON FLAGS UP!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2006, 03:03 PM »
lets hope???!#T%$@^!*&   Nutter you heading out sat... ????

Offline hithole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2006, 05:56 PM »
I hate fishing in the wind. You can't watch  :tipup: in a clam. Jigging around here stinks unless your at blachard. Next weekend should be better.
Ice hard, go fishing

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 20, 2006, 06:03 PM »
I may head out to Black Moshannon.  Latest report said 6 inches.  I am waiting for a report from a buddy that went up today.  Friends are going to Jean on Sunday, but I can't go.  >:(

I hope accuweather is right.

The graphic above shows the AccuWeather.com temperature outlook for February. It indicates a return of cold air, especially from the Great Lakes to the Northeast. Normal temperatures are expected for a broad area from the northern Rockies to the Southeast, where it has been above normal for the past several weeks. From the southern Rockies to California, temperatures should run somewhat above normal.

Offline hithole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 20, 2006, 06:15 PM »
Ice nutter where is black moshannon?
Ice hard, go fishing

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 20, 2006, 06:19 PM »
It's about 20 or 25 minutes south of Sayers Dam.  I believe it is RT 504 off of Old Rt. 220.  It is way up on top of the mountain.  About 2,000 feet and it holds ice incredibly well.  It is not one of my favorite lakes, but it has ice.  Check the report boards or try this.  http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/parks/blackmoshannon.aspx

Offline hithole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 20, 2006, 07:34 PM »
It sounds like lake jean, hardly any fish but they have ice. I think those lakes that are 2000 ft plus are very prone to acid rain. Therefore I don't think that they have a very good fish population. Keep me posted on any changes.
Ice hard, go fishing

icefishnfool

« Reply #10 on: Jan 20, 2006, 07:41 PM »
Igot my fingers and toes crossed ,,,,,,,

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 21, 2006, 05:11 PM »
The latest from accuweather.  Let's hope it stays this way. This is for central PA

Jan 31 [Details/AccuPOP]
  High: 31° F RealFeel®: 18° F
  Low: 13° F RealFeel: -6° F

Wednesday, Feb 1 [Details/AccuPOP]
 . High: 26° F RealFeel: 11° F
  Low: 11° F RealFeel: 2° F

Thursday, Feb 2 [Details/AccuPOP]
  High: 25° F RealFeel: 12° F
 Low: 10° F RealFeel: -2° F

Friday, Feb 3 [Details/AccuPOP]
  High: 25° F RealFeel: 28° F
  Low: 11° F RealFeel: 3° F

Saturday, Feb 4 [Details/AccuPOP]
 High: 26° F RealFeel: 13° F
  Low: 11° F

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 21, 2006, 05:47 PM »
I'll take a whole month of temps like that. Everybody else got to enjoy the warm weather in January, now it's time for payback. LOL ;D
Ken                                          

Offline hithole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 21, 2006, 07:31 PM »
Bean, I don't think a whole month. I think that after that week we will be good to go at most lakes. Maybe not blanchard but rose valley and jean, which me rv and bcjensen hit today, 9" today will be good to go most of next week. Met spud up there today, that was cool. Few pearch and a few pics, wind was brutal. Had a good time. Of course rv and bcjensen had there vex's out, I just dropped a jig in the hole sitting 5yrds from rv with his vex and kicked his butt, I jigged up pearch and he jigged up nothing. The price of a vex 400 the price of catching fish nothing ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Let's fish old fashion they way that I was taught 25yrs ago.
Ice hard, go fishing

Offline hithole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 21, 2006, 08:45 PM »
RV, was the other half ok when you got home? I called her to try and smooth thing over. I don't know if she believed me or not. She seemed pissed off. HA HA good luck
Ice hard, go fishing

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 21, 2006, 08:53 PM »
ONCE AGAIN THE VEX PROVES WORTHLESS :o :o :o :o :o      BOOOOOO  VEXXX

Rose Valley, If I was as unhappy about a product as you, I'd sell it and use that money for some other ice tackle. You obviously don't seem to like it, so why frustrate yourself. That money could be spent on something you get some enjoyment out of.

Now enough hijacking this thread about that. Let's see if these weatherman know what they're talking about and have this prediction correct.
Ken                                          

Offline R.V. ICEMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • VEX, is sure an expensive depth finder..
« Reply #16 on: Jan 21, 2006, 09:02 PM »
BEAN,WHO IS HIJACKING THIS THREAD???HITHOLE, BCJENSEN,,,THE SPUD,,CAN ALL TELL YOU ,,FROM TODAY,, JIGGING FROM NON VEX, OUT FISHED JIGGERS WITH VEX,,,,AM I CORRECT GUYS!!!!!
The more fish we release, is more fish we all can catch.  b/c we all like to catch.   Catch, Photo, Release!!  Such an easy concept, but so hard for others to understand!!!!!

Offline hithole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 21, 2006, 09:06 PM »
Yes you are
Ice hard, go fishing

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Jan 21, 2006, 09:15 PM »
This thread was started about the weather conditions with no mention of anything about using a vexilar flasher. Then you guys hijack it by ranting about how it is worthless once again. Like I said earlier, If it were me and I wasn't satisfied with a product, I would return it and get my money back or sell it.

What does commenting about how you dislike your vex have to do with the upcoming weather forecast?  Am I correct, guys!!!
Ken                                          

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
« Reply #19 on: Jan 22, 2006, 07:00 AM »
SO WHAT???!!!  I out fish people with flashers every day just for kicks, no big deal. It's rather easy when you are on fish and have the pattern nailed down. Quit hi-jacking threads, get over it and move on Rose. We got the point already.

Thanks,
-Scott

BEAN,WHO IS HIJACKING THIS THREAD???HITHOLE, BCJENSEN,,,THE SPUD,,CAN ALL TELL YOU ,,FROM TODAY,, JIGGING FROM NON VEX, OUT FISHED JIGGERS WITH VEX,,,,AM I CORRECT GUYS!!!!!
What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Jan 22, 2006, 10:28 AM »
They get your hopes up and then slam back on the ice.  Accuweather changed their 15 day forecast and there are no temps. like I previously reported in the future.  ??? :%$#!:

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Jan 22, 2006, 10:38 AM »
there is some hope for you western PA boys :tipup:

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=32092.0

Offline Travis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Bait?
« Reply #22 on: Jan 23, 2006, 01:13 AM »
They get your hopes up and then slam back on the ice.  Accuweather changed their 15 day forecast and there are no temps. like I previously reported in the future.  ??? :%$#!:
I checked for my area yesterday, and end of Jan/ Beg of Fed were High's below freezing, and when i checked today it said Mid 40's.  What's the deal?
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day.  But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

MikeThePike

« Reply #23 on: Jan 23, 2006, 05:40 AM »
The deal is we can't rely on a 15 day forecast. They usually can't predict what will happen tomorrow yet people still will look at a 15 day forecast and expect it to be right. The reason it constantly changes is because they don't know. Thats why I don't bother looking more than 2-3 days in advance anymore.

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Jan 24, 2006, 01:09 PM »
Well they have the cold weather back into the forecast starting late next week.  Let's see if it holds true.  If we can get the 5 to 7 day cold they are calling for we will have ice pretty quick. 

Offline Travis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Bait?
« Reply #25 on: Jan 24, 2006, 03:16 PM »
would be nice to get out for at least another week or 2
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day.  But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline R.V. ICEMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • VEX, is sure an expensive depth finder..
« Reply #26 on: Jan 24, 2006, 09:12 PM »
travis,,,another week or 2, was that a mistype? :o :o  how about fishing from this weekend until the end of march?  atleast that is what seems to be the normal season here in central pa. ;) ;) ;)  keep your head up, things are looking good as far as the weather goes.
The more fish we release, is more fish we all can catch.  b/c we all like to catch.   Catch, Photo, Release!!  Such an easy concept, but so hard for others to understand!!!!!

Offline Travis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Bait?
« Reply #27 on: Jan 24, 2006, 11:08 PM »
travis,,,another week or 2, was that a mistype? :o :o  how about fishing from this weekend until the end of march?  atleast that is what seems to be the normal season here in central pa. ;) ;) ;)  keep your head up, things are looking good as far as the weather goes.

Would like to see AT LEAST another week or two.  I just started Ice fishing this year, and it's pretty fun.  Would like to hone my skills a little more.

Offline tomg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Jan 25, 2006, 05:58 AM »
The deal is we can't rely on a 15 day forecast. They usually can't predict what will happen tomorrow yet people still will look at a 15 day forecast and expect it to be right. The reason it constantly changes is because they don't know. Thats why I don't bother looking more than 2-3 days in advance anymore.

It is a forecast and there is always a chance. Yes, it is not always right.  It can actually be colder than they are predicting or it can be warmer too.  But it does give one an idea of the possibilities. There is always hope.

I like the National Weather Service prediction for the next month for the North east.  They say there is an equal chance that it can be above normal, below normal or normal for The month of February.

MikeThePike

« Reply #29 on: Jan 25, 2006, 07:15 AM »
I like the National Weather Service prediction for the next month for the North east.  They say there is an equal chance that it can be above normal, below normal or normal for The month of February.

Thats exactly what I mean. They more or less are saying they don't know for sure and rather than put there money on one over another they say there is an equal chance of either. I'd much rather hear that then hear a prediction saying it will be well below just to have them chance it the next day to say above.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.