Author Topic: Gripes / Kudos Board [CLOSED]  (Read 18368 times)

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
Gripes / Kudos Board [CLOSED]
« on: Dec 20, 2006, 05:47 AM »

Post your gripes or kudos about the tourney here.  :)

Those who are brave are free ..

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Gripes / Kudos Board
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2006, 07:01 AM »
Not a gripe, but a suggestion.  I know there aren't  many musky's are caught through the ice, but it would be nice if they were included with Northern Pike, being they are in the same family. Similar to having brown and rainbow trout together.
Ken                                          

flockshot

« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2006, 08:32 AM »
also not a gripe. the tourney rules say anyfish out of season will not count. Bass season is over in michigan, i think the 20th of december. so mich is immediatly breaking the rules by entering a bass. i dont know what can be done about it, cause its not fair for the other states just because we cant, just thought it was worth mentioning.

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2006, 08:37 AM »
also not a gripe. the tourney rules say anyfish out of season will not count. Bass season is over in michigan, i think the 20th of december. so mich is immediatly breaking the rules by entering a bass. i dont know what can be done about it, cause its not fair for the other states just because we cant, just thought it was worth mentioning.

Bass will be out of season here as well Flock...

Once in awhile we catch them by accident here, a couple of the tribs off Lake Ontario in particular...all you need is snap the pic and then release them..no harm, no foul....but whatever they decide is fine by me....Esox
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline oldfox

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2006, 08:52 AM »
Maine has neither walleyes or bluegills, but those are included ??? ...I'd like to see salmon, brookies and muskie included..my .02 :tipup:

flockshot

« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2006, 08:54 AM »
Bass will be out of season here as well Flock...

Once in awhile we catch them by accident here, a couple of the tribs off Lake Ontario in particular...all you need is snap the pic and then release them..no harm, no foul....but whatever they decide is fine by me....Esox

yeah i  figured..but in the rules it says nothing out of season. or incedental catches...just wondering thats it. i didnt want to do the whole, its not fair thing, cause i dont think "its not fair", just didnt want to smolted for breaking any of the rules.

Offline buddah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 20, 2006, 08:56 AM »
I second the salmon,it would offset the walleye for maine.

Offline Bluefinforme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 20, 2006, 09:10 AM »
salmon, brookies, and muskie should all be in this tourny.....it makes NO SENSE that they are not

Offline ifishhi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 20, 2006, 09:13 AM »
i would like to see l.l. salmon , brookies, splake and/or muskie  ;D please :tipup:

M.P.H.C. freedomfighter #000004

flockshot

« Reply #9 on: Dec 20, 2006, 09:14 AM »
salmon, brookies, and muskie should all be in this tourny.....it makes NO SENSE that they are not

but michigan doesnt have good land locks and muskies are out of season...THATS NOT FAIR  :'( ;) :D

(thats a joke but thats what will end up getting started.) ye be warned.

Offline oldfox

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 20, 2006, 09:15 AM »

but michigan doesnt have good land locks and muskies are out of season...THATS NOT FAIR  :'( ;) :D

walleyes and bluegills aren't either! ::)

Offline fshnfool

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 20, 2006, 09:17 AM »
i would like to see l.l. salmon , brookies and muskie  ;D please :tipup:

ditto  :tipup:  ;D

Offline OLBLUUU

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Go Big
« Reply #12 on: Dec 20, 2006, 09:36 AM »
i would like salmon added to tourney in '07

Offline chillywillie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Maine
« Reply #13 on: Dec 20, 2006, 09:59 AM »
salmon and brookies should be added

Offline toguefisha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Dec 20, 2006, 10:14 AM »
I'd like to see salmon and brookies added as well, and although there are no Muskies any where near where I live, it would make sense to add them as well.
-Alec

Offline MikeMunn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag!
« Reply #15 on: Dec 20, 2006, 10:29 AM »
It would be nice to see brook trout, landlocked salmon, and muskies added to the tourney.

Sir Catchalot

« Reply #16 on: Dec 20, 2006, 10:38 AM »
I think I know the answer already...but I would also like to see salmon in the contest (brookies/musky not so much...)

I bet if we tracked down the sponsor and supplied the prizes we could have whatever categories we wanted!  ;)

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #17 on: Dec 20, 2006, 10:59 AM »
First of all thank you Scott and the Mods for providing a free tourney

Second these gripes sound the same as last year. I thought that they were going to make the species categories change every year on a rotating basis.  If your state or province does not have an open season on a species then target the ones it does.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline nativetrout

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Best time of the year!
« Reply #18 on: Dec 20, 2006, 12:03 PM »
LoneWolf, thanx for all you do, it is appreciated.  Though i would like to have brook trout and salmon added.  Keep up the great things you do for all of us!  Native (brook) trout.

Offline slimechaser

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Who ya gonna call?
« Reply #19 on: Dec 20, 2006, 01:16 PM »
Looks great lonewolf!
Hope we get ice or the "gripes" won't matter anyway.

Thanks IS, these tourneys are always fun!
Official Capt Ahab of the MIRC - "thar she blows"  
 Got nymph?   Some days your the bug and some days your the windshield.

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Dec 20, 2006, 01:32 PM »
Woooohooo its almost time! Thanks for the hardwork Scott, Doug et al!
Cant wait to see all the great fish posted!

Good Luck Everyone :D

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #21 on: Dec 20, 2006, 02:41 PM »
 :bow: :bow: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :woot: :woot: I for one am happy to be back on board for such a generous tournament!!

The complaints all seem the same as in years past so I refer to the complainants the TEAM BC available entries: 3 categories. No more no less. We don't expect more, nor do we need more to beat TEAM NY ( stir sitr >:D ) (OR USA, whatever it is this year :-\ ) Obviously, it would be nice to enter more categories but the mods have decided the current rules are fair to all entrants. I don't think that ANYONE should be complaining about entering a FREE tourney with pretty awesome prizes. Remember folks, it's about fishing, not winning. Thanks guys!!!

LETS GET IT ON!! :o :flex:

2007 Lake Trout Champion. Bring it on!

"I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude"
-Thoreau

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Dec 20, 2006, 04:40 PM »
I think I know the answer already...but I would also like to see salmon in the contest (brookies/musky not so much...)

I bet if we tracked down the sponsor and supplied the prizes we could have whatever categories we wanted!  ;)

The rules, judging and categories are made and enforced by Scott and myself.  ;)

We do take suggestions into consideration but there is more to it than meets the eye. If you add new categories others are removed or combined. Also the categories aren't set in stone until the tourney starts.
One state or province may have a closed season or no fishery for a species but many others may have them available.
When creating this tourney my idea was to make several species available to everyone. Each member may want his/her favorite species in a category but it's not viable ..... we would literally need twenty categories.

Scott and myself have been discussing the categories but a final decision hasn't been made as of yet.

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #23 on: Dec 20, 2006, 06:02 PM »
ill start off with kudos for Lonewolf and Scott for another awesome tournament...im so glad ill be able to participate this year!!  ;D   cant wait to see everyone entries this year and want to wish good luck to everyone!!

if anyone is looking for a good tape mmeasure for taking tourney entry photos id like to reccomend Tajima tape measures. they are inexpensive and they have noticably larger numbers than your standard stanley tape measure.

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Dec 20, 2006, 06:25 PM »
what if we never get ice :o will open water count worse comes to worse? ::) Or will it end up being an all canada tourny ;D
                      The official Padwan Shirt of the MIRC    MIRC! iced out!

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Dec 20, 2006, 06:35 PM »
what if we never get ice :o will open water count worse comes to worse? ::) Or will it end up being an all canada tourny ;D

You're banned from the tourney for just thinking that !  :P  ;D

Scott good find with that rule .  ;)

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Dec 20, 2006, 06:49 PM »

I sure hope it comes soon, I sure miss it
                      The official Padwan Shirt of the MIRC    MIRC! iced out!

grumpymoe

« Reply #27 on: Dec 20, 2006, 07:17 PM »
Geez....when Lonewolf started the online tourney, we only had 3 categories....and with some sponsorship it was expanded to give everyone more of a chance to win something for entering a fish......for fun......lets be happy that each and everyone here that fishes for something during the hardwater, can pull up the beauty of a lifetime....its not about money...never has...and likely never will if we stick to the original concept....get yer butts out there and target the specie(s) available....Bilditrit e had the salwater tourney on MFF this summer, and although it was fun, sure didnt see many entries from all those complaining that this tourney doesnt have this one or that one!!....poor B.C.    cant see any reason to sympathize with that gang whatsoever!!....Grump ::)    or anyone else for that matter.....if the fish is out of season in your area!!!....AWESOME!!.....as the rules state, no incidental catches, nor out of season fish will be allowed.....NOW.....le ts get it on come NEW YEARS DAY.... ;D

Offline Kodiakman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Start everyday as if it has a purpose.
« Reply #28 on: Dec 20, 2006, 07:22 PM »
First, Kudos for offering a great Free Tourney!!!  :thumbsup:  :bow: :thumbsup:

Also, Kudos to making the Walleye & Burbot separate categories!

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Dec 20, 2006, 07:50 PM »

Thanks for the laugh.  Thanks too for the tourney...it's always fun to see the great fish being caught.

Now, on those tapes...if they have them in yellow, it would be better...just think of that being photographed with a fish on ice / snow.

As for there being no walleye in Maine, it is unfortunate, but there aren't many states that get ice that don't have them - see the range described at http://www.fishbase.org/Summary/speciesSummary.php?ID=3516.  It's extremely rare for us to catch bass through the ice up here...they almost enter a kind of torpor...as well, we are on the edge of the bluegill range, so you won't see many of them from Canada overall. 

I can't say that I have any gripes, but I will say that some of the trophy sizes are going to be pretty tough to achieve...I may have to focus my efforts a bit more this year.

Enjoy!
Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.