Author Topic: Waterproof boots  (Read 4303 times)

Offline Igottafish

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Flag!
Waterproof boots
« on: Aug 12, 2013, 06:27 PM »
Looking to invest in some waterproof boots for the upcoming season. Last couple trips out with millman were too slushy and my feet got soaked in my Baffin sled boots. Anyone have the Baffin Titans? If not what do you use? Looking for comfort and warmth along with 100% waterproof. Counting down the days until I can walk on water again...
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Waterproof boots
« Reply #1 on: Aug 12, 2013, 07:01 PM »
I've heard a lot of good things about the mickey mouse boots. 

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Aug 13, 2013, 07:44 AM »
Mickeys will keep you feet WARM and DRY. The pair of white one I have been wearing have started check pretty bad but my feet still stay warm and dry. I was in a Goodwill store many years ago in the middle of July and spotted them. Turned them upside down and there was $5.00 marked on the bottm with felt tip. Needless to say I did not set them down till I got to the check out.

I broke out my old LaCross Icemen this winter. They have to be 25 years old but still keep my feet dry and warm even with the uppers being leather. Of course these were made before LaCross went to China to make their stuff. :(

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline tonstone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Aug 13, 2013, 09:15 AM »
Go with the Muck Arctic Pro, you won't have a problem!

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it was easy they would call it catching
« Reply #5 on: Aug 13, 2013, 12:33 PM »
MillMan has the baffin titans.  I think I am gonna get a pair for this season since my redheads got all jacked up this winter.  He says best boot he has ever worn.
It is MY responsibility to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now. Make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day. They might show up if there is enough staff working.

Offline Redneck Fishfinder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Aug 13, 2013, 01:34 PM »
I second the Muck-Boots. I have the 1000g boots and my feet do not get wet or cold even when it's -10F. In fact, I don't think I'll have wet or cold feet on the ice again. I got them for $100 at Dicks and I thought they were a great investment.     I need to find a pair of gloves that is as good...

Offline MR WOZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Aug 13, 2013, 04:16 PM »
Muck boots is my choice. If its real cold out put in a pack of foot warmers and your god to go!

Offline mpike2day

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Aug 14, 2013, 09:09 AM »
Cabelas trans Alaskans. Keep you warm,dry and lifetime warranty.

Offline Fontona19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Aug 14, 2013, 12:17 PM »
Just ordered a pair of Muck Arctic Pros. Hopefully they get the job done. My last pair were Irishsetter Rutmasters. They were great for 2 years, and then they imploded.  :-\

Offline tonstone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Aug 14, 2013, 01:43 PM »
Just ordered a pair of Muck Arctic Pros. Hopefully they get the job done. My last pair were Irishsetter Rutmasters. They were great for 2 years, and then they imploded.  :-\
Great Choice, I used to hear bad about them but then that changed after I got a pair!! You will not be disappointed, Tony

Offline mr tip up

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Aug 14, 2013, 06:21 PM »
Go with the Muck Arctic Pro, you won't have a problem!
        x2
what is and what should never be

Offline slamer58

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Nov 06, 2013, 08:29 PM »
I have a pair of titans, they are a super warm dry boot...wish I had bought them sooner!!!!!

Offline Burtess

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Nov 07, 2013, 07:27 PM »
Titans are awesome.  Not bad to walk in either as the tread has a natural slope to it.

Burt :)

Offline Bschrock55

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Nov 07, 2013, 07:55 PM »
Another vote for mucks. I wear the woody elites which are pretty much a camo version if the Arctics and love them.  Super comfortable and without a doubt warm and water proof.  Check out amazon.  I got them during a sale for $95 shipped, regular normally $175-$225 around the net.

Offline Mr. Freeze Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 04, 2013, 07:06 PM »
Baffin Titans...they are rated for like 70 or more below zero. I have had these for about 5 years and are the warmest and 100% waterproof boots that I know of.  I work for a utility and out in the cold all winter...I own the Baffin Driller series boots for work....Baffin makes the some of the best boots for extreme conditions!   

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 05, 2013, 04:49 AM »
I use arctic mucks up here all season in Manitoba Canada, 100% water proof, get a boot dryer if you get this type of boot.
Ladywood, Manitoba, Canada

Offline ungvar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Dec 11, 2013, 09:34 AM »
Bogs Arctic Roamer! This waterproof, cold-weather men's boot features a hand-lasted rubber and four-way stretch Neoprene upper built with 7mm waterproof Neo-Tech and 2mm Airmesh™ lining for stay-dry warmth in a range of conditions; the upper protects against cold to -65° F. Inside, Aegis™ antimicrobial treatment controls odor. Thinsulate™ 1000-Gram Insulation adds additional warmth and protection. The dual-density outsole of the Bogs Arctic Roamer 1000 boot is composed of a combination of hard and soft rubber to give heavy-duty traction in icy conditions. Aegis™ Antimicrobial Treatment Airmesh Approx. 16'' boot shaft height Approx. 17'' boot shaft circumference Bungee lacing system with locking toggle closure Comfort rated to -65° F Contoured footbed EVA midsole Fleece sockliner Four-way stretch Neoprene and hand-lasted rubber upper Neo-Tech™ Non-slip, self-cleaning rubber outsole Thinsulate™ 1000-Gram Insulation Waterproof construction.

Offline 9huskies

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Mar 04, 2014, 02:52 PM »
There is no such thing as a waterproof boot that will keep your feet dry. Any boot that keeps water out will keep water in when you sweat or when they fill with snow. It's better to get something breathable. That way they don't stay wet.

Offline mpike2day

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Mar 04, 2014, 10:19 PM »
There is no such thing as a waterproof boot that will keep your feet dry. Any boot that keeps water out will keep water in when you sweat or when they fill with snow. It's better to get something breathable. That way they don't stay wet.
And then gortex was invented.

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Mar 04, 2014, 10:23 PM »
I second the Muck-Boots. I have the 1000g boots and my feet do not get wet or cold even when it's -10F. In fact, I don't think I'll have wet or cold feet on the ice again. I got them for $100 at Dicks and I thought they were a great investment.     I need to find a pair of gloves that is as good...
I have had Mucks for many Years and have never seen any that were 1000gr.Which Model are these?

Offline 9huskies

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Mar 05, 2014, 04:51 PM »
And then gortex was invented.

Gore-Tex doesn't work very well on boots. Gore-Tex is breathable because water vapor can pass through its pores. Liquid water can not turn to vapor in without some air space. Most people lace their boots tight enough so water from perspiration does not have room to vaporize.

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Mar 22, 2014, 07:59 AM »
My muck arctic sports getting a little worn out so I decided to try something different, on my local fishing forum (manitobafishingforum) there is a thread "Insulated Rubber Boots for Slush" and guys are raving about the baffin titans, so I headed into town to buy some.  Reasonably priced boot, but that's where it ended for me, weird fit, massive in the ankle area causing a huge amount of heal lift,(I bought them and wore them around the house then returned them) 
this boot is no good for any amount of walking.  So my search continued and led me to Acton boots and the acton adventure rubber boot, could not find them locally so I ordered them, more expensive than the baffin, by about 45 bucks.  They arrived the other day and so far I am very pleased, no heal lift like the baffin, and very light, way better design,  baffin has a well made boot thats warm as he11 but the design sucks!  I will be heading out next week to give them a try on lake winnipeg, will post a report.
Ladywood, Manitoba, Canada

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.