New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: NYS Ice Pro-Am Tournament Series.  (Read 79524 times)

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
Re: NYS Ice Pro-Am Tournament Series.
« Reply #780 on: Mar 24, 2013, 03:12 PM »
If we don't continue our site sponsorship with IS, I don't know how they will handle discussions. I would assume (from before we became sponsors) that they will allow anglers to discuss it but to a very limited extent. We won't be able to have discussions back and forth like we are now. I wish we could continue our sponsorship, but it just isn't financially feasible at this point.
Tim Thomas
NYS Ice Pro-Am Corporation
President & CEO

Finders Keepers Sportfishing
Captain

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #781 on: Mar 24, 2013, 09:00 PM »
Tim I will have to see if I can get into the facebook thing , I looked ? wife is in facebook , maybe I will try & look again ... if it will help getting more people in the tournament I will try my best .... captin team eatme  deweyicefish
images.jpeg

Offline royjboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #782 on: Mar 25, 2013, 04:40 AM »
Just had a thought.  Not to replace the Facebook page, because I really do think that will get the most exposure,  but maybe you could negotiate with Scott and help him come up with a campaign and or promotional plan to help the both of you.  perhaps give him some aparrel to boost up his Militia membership in turn for the thread.  Or offer to promote and sell his apparel at your events and sportman shows. Give him a couple free entries to give away as prizes and that would REALLY boost up interest and get some attention. Opportunities like this are endless with other companies that can cross promote with you. NY Outdoor News would love to promote their paper and increase sales.  Negotiate a deal where they can have tables at the events in exchange for some advertising. just some more of my wacky brainstorms.

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #783 on: Mar 26, 2013, 06:25 AM »
Just had a thought.  Not to replace the Facebook page, because I really do think that will get the most exposure,  but maybe you could negotiate with Scott and help him come up with a campaign and or promotional plan to help the both of you.  perhaps give him some aparrel to boost up his Militia membership in turn for the thread.  Or offer to promote and sell his apparel at your events and sportman shows. Give him a couple free entries to give away as prizes and that would REALLY boost up interest and get some attention. Opportunities like this are endless with other companies that can cross promote with you. NY Outdoor News would love to promote their paper and increase sales.  Negotiate a deal where they can have tables at the events in exchange for some advertising. just some more of my wacky brainstorms.

All great ideas! Keep them coming!! @)
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline jakep138

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #784 on: Mar 26, 2013, 07:48 AM »
Tim my only suggestion would be in regards to the awards ceremony . I think that if you held the awards ceremony at a bar/ restaraunt setting where anglers could grab a bite to eat and a drink if they prefer ... It would keep everyone together for the whole awards ceremony . Also push the time to an hour or so after tournaments. . A lot of people left early because of their drives they had after .i know after a long day of fishing I enjoy s burger and cold beer . Just my opinion

Offline royjboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #785 on: Mar 27, 2013, 01:39 AM »
X2

The wait was a bit of a buzz kill and put pressure on the travelers that had to be back to work on monday.
But have to learn to crawl before you walk. This is definitely going to be a great series next year!!!

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #786 on: Mar 27, 2013, 08:25 AM »
i think that a one day tourney may be a better solution and save $$ for running things a second day.

Offline oleanjeff

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #787 on: Mar 27, 2013, 10:00 AM »
What lakes are they looking to do for next year?

Offline Toxic fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Www.teambrotherdads.com
« Reply #788 on: Mar 27, 2013, 12:06 PM »
What lakes are they looking to do for next year?

Same as last year which is good if u fished any this year;)

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #789 on: Mar 27, 2013, 09:10 PM »
Right now we are looking at running the events on the same bodies of water - just trying to get the dates set at this point. We are also entertaining the idea of two single day tournaments in the Open Division and going with an hourly payout format, and keeping the Pro-Am event pretty much the same as a two-day event. @)
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline eyehi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #790 on: Mar 27, 2013, 09:56 PM »
i think that a one day tourney may be a better solution and save $$ for running things a second day.
Agree with this statement.....most guys want to sleep in there own beds after a full day on the ice.....
Budweiser pro staff

Offline eyehi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #791 on: Mar 27, 2013, 09:57 PM »
Right now we are looking at running the events on the same bodies of water - just trying to get the dates set at this point. We are also entertaining the idea of two single day tournaments in the Open Division and going with an hourly payout format, and keeping the Pro-Am event pretty much the same as a two-day event. @)
Sounds like a great idea....
Budweiser pro staff

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #792 on: Mar 28, 2013, 08:32 AM »
New survey - check it out:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/95C87V2

Thank you!! @)
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline blackmer826

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #793 on: Mar 28, 2013, 09:42 AM »
Speaking from my Pro-Am experience at Tupper, I really enjoyed the 2 day format for our division because it gives you a chance to move around possibly, target certain species each day, and if you get skunked saturday, you can hopefully recoup on sunday. It's nice to have a change from the norm.

As for the open division, you might attract more anglers with a standard hourly tournament because that is what they're used to...but will it be for each species....Perch, Walleye, Pike or will it be any top 3 fish each hour?

Can't wait for next year! Team Master Bait3r$

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #794 on: Mar 28, 2013, 10:24 AM »
As for the open division, you might attract more anglers with a standard hourly tournament because that is what they're used to...but will it be for each species....Perch, Walleye, Pike or will it be any top 3 fish each hour?

We're looking at allowing all tournament species to be weighed in, but only the three biggest fish by weight would place each hour. This way, if there are slow hours where only 2 pike are caught, a perch could place, plus any other combination of fish.
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #795 on: Mar 28, 2013, 11:46 AM »
We're looking at allowing all tournament species to be weighed in, but only the three biggest fish by weight would place each hour. This way, if there are slow hours where only 2 pike are caught, a perch could place, plus any other combination of fish.

Maybe I'm not getting it... A Pike and a Perch are weighed in the same catagory? Against each other? If so the Pike would be the primary target of the tournament, sound like a Pike Tournament? This is why I would like to attend a seminar or informational type thing on the Tournament for Q&A, maybe even volunteer for a Tournament to actually see how all things happen?
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #796 on: Mar 28, 2013, 12:17 PM »

Maybe I'm not getting it... A Pike and a Perch are weighed in the same catagory? Against each other? If so the Pike would be the primary target of the tournament, sound like a Pike Tournament? This is why I would like to attend a seminar or informational type thing on the Tournament for Q&A, maybe even volunteer for a Tournament to actually see how all things happen?

Sure a pike would win over a perch IF a pike were caught. There wasn't a single pike caught during the Sodus Event this year, so while peolpe were fishing for them, perch would have placed in this style/format. Same for Tupper Lake, on day one there were very few pike caught, while we had decent numbers of walleye and lake trout brought in (so walleye and lake trout would place), and on day 2 we had decent numbers of pike, very few lake trout, and no walleye entered (so pike would place). So each day (on Tupper Lake for example), depending on the fishing, you never know if a pike, walleye, lake trout, or perch would place each hour! Would make for an interesting and fun tournament in my opinion - not knowing what would place each hour. This would also encourage people to fish in pairs or groups so that while someone is running fish in, the other(s) can continue to work the gear.  @)
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline Toxic fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Www.teambrotherdads.com
« Reply #797 on: Mar 29, 2013, 03:23 AM »

Bart just fish the pro-am you won't be disappointed:) it's well worth the second day if you had a bad day like Tim said:)

Offline adkmtnman76

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • summer beauty!!
« Reply #798 on: Mar 30, 2013, 08:59 AM »
we wished that we fished the pro/am division, we threw back 6 pike before we decided to weigh one in. And come to find out most of the pike we threw back wouldve placed. We seriously thought bigger pike would win the tupper derby. we catch them way bigger than that all year long.

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #799 on: Mar 31, 2013, 07:28 AM »
So how do you sign up for face book thing ? Everytime I look on there all my wife info is on there? I try a few times to sign up can't figure it out ...Is there a phone # you can call someone I can't find it . The site is very frustrating . I don't want to look up old girl friends ..That site is to wierd for me, I dont have  thousands friends I talk to or have the time...I need some help with this.
images.jpeg

Offline jakep138

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #800 on: Mar 31, 2013, 08:44 AM »
So how do you sign up for face book thing ? Everytime I look on there all my wife info is on there? I try a few times to sign up can't figure it out ...Is there a phone # you can call someone I can't find it . The site is very frustrating . I don't want to look up old girl friends ..That site is to wierd for me, I dont have  thousands friends I talk to or have the time...I need some help with this.
Dewey did they have computers back in the stone ages when you were growing up? Weren't you the one who invented fire? Lol just busting ya . Don't go to the dark side of that nonsense this is Facebook on crack  times ten . Ha ha ;D

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #801 on: Mar 31, 2013, 09:34 AM »
so what's the big secret how do you get on the weird girly site ? speaking of crack I like that sound it's 12:00 somewhere I am thirsty been outside raking up the lawn..
images.jpeg

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #802 on: Mar 31, 2013, 10:50 AM »
I finely made it to a sign up page & it wont let me sign up says my wife is using the email address so now what do you do? why do I have to put my me mail in I don't want to get email I all ready have 400plus unread in box I dont read ...
images.jpeg

Offline royjboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #803 on: Mar 31, 2013, 03:37 PM »
Holy crap! get your own email account.  my 96 year old grand father has one.  go to yaboo.com or gmail.com or aim. com or hotmail. com or anyplace.  Don't be scared. You'll be amazed to find that Dave Genz, Jason Mitchell, kevin VanDam have FB pages.  Even Bill Dance, whose old enough to be your grand kid has one;-).
Not sure where you got the idea its just for ladies.  I'm assuming your only experience with it is on your wifes page.  Well, thats like going into a hair salon or a day spa. Frankly, I would prefer my wife be talking and messenging other ladies rather than a bunch of dudes,  but hey... to each their own.
But next time you are on your wife's page, notice that she probably has all female friends except for family.  And that she probably has likes of Cooking, women's accessories, or pintrest or what ever the hech ladies are into.  yet you don't see any. fishing or hunting or grilling or brewing or ATV or sports or UFC or busty babes on her page.  If you do, then I apologize for mistakenly calling your wife '' her'' and ''she'' this whole time.
So by now your probably feeling a bit offended,  well call that a little sarcasm in return for unknowingly calling all dudes with FB acounts '' girls''.  Believe me,  I'd rather have someone poke a little fun at me than havemy grandfather come banging on my door with his prosthetic hook!
If my 12 year old kid can do it and my 96 year old pops can do it...  you can too. Get the wife to set it up for ya. :cookoo:

Offline Finders Keepers II

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Don't leave fish to find fish..
« Reply #804 on: Apr 01, 2013, 01:09 PM »
Dewey, You will not get anymore emails than you do now by joining Facebook (unless you select something that will send you emails accordingly). I think what you are seeing is that you need to Sign Off or Log Off of your wife's account. She may have it so when you go to Facebook the computer automatically logs her into her account. Log off her account and start your own. Once you go through the set-up steps you will have a generic looking account page. It takes a bit to get the hang of it .. but once you got down your going to realize its no big thing. I think the hardest thing may be (which really isnt) is the setting up your personal page with information and pictures about you (which you can reserve the right do nothing or go all out). I'll mention this again... Facebook is where it is at as far as Ice Fishing companies go (for any business or company for that matter) because its an intense platform for advertising, updating, displaying new product, showing what other anglers are catching on their product and where. Plus, we need all the support for our sponsors as we can get and Facebook is a great way to give them your opinion on there products..out tournament and their products.. even if its good or bad. The Facebook thing is as plain as just liking "LIKE" what ever you are viewing (article, video, Picture..etc) commenting "comment" on something you are viewing... Sharing "SHARE" which will post what ever you are viewing to your Facebook page... These main parts of Facebook are the basics of your running your own page and using Facebook.  Once you have your own account and have set up your page.. search: NYS Ice Pro Tournament Series... once you see our page click on the LIKE icon. You will then have your way to our page and you can comment or ask a question on any picture .. topic.. etc. I hope this helps!

-Jeff  @)

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #805 on: Apr 02, 2013, 09:22 PM »
I still can't get this crazy facebook to work... I did manage to get a email at hotmail ... can you whoever want to be on my face book page give me your profile name for facebook..... i only know most of you by the iceshanty handle       thanks
images.jpeg

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #806 on: Apr 03, 2013, 06:54 PM »
  ok I finally made it to facebook not sure how to use it ?  wife did manage to fine the toxic fisherman he is my only friend ...looks like a lot of non icefishing info on there ...
images.jpeg

Offline royjboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #807 on: Apr 05, 2013, 02:10 AM »
in the search bar on top,  type in ny state ice pro-am. then like that page.  then you can request friends from there.  also type in ICE TEAM, you will get a lot of good stuff there.  you can type in pros names like Dave Genz and Jason Mitchell.  they both have pages and you can like theirs as well. once you get a couple you will find tons. 

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #808 on: Apr 06, 2013, 06:58 AM »
ok I will give it a try, thanks royjboy for your help ...
images.jpeg

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #809 on: Jun 17, 2013, 05:09 PM »
After lots of planning, here is an update for everyone:
1) The 2014 IPA event dates are almost securred. It's taking a bit longer than we anticipated as we are awaiting some final details that have to be confirmed before we can go ahead with the dates. The proposed dates are as follows:
Chautauqua Lake: January 18 & 19 (Postponement Dates: March 1 & 2)
Tupper Lake: Feb. 15 & 16
Sodus Bay: Feb. 22 & 23

2) The new set of rules and regulations are also almost complete, where we will have a set for the Pro-Am Division and a set for the Open Division. This will elliminate some confusion as to what rules go with what division.
3) The Pro-Am Division will run basically the same with a few tweeks (like earlier starting times to capitolize on the early walleye bite and earlier ending time on Day 2 to get everyone headed home earlier). The Open Division will be comprised of (2) 1-Day tournaments and run similar to this past year's events where the biggest 10 fish in each catagory place.

Stay tuned to our website for more updates as we go through the summer months: www.NYSiceproam.com
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.