The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Any Fish Around Lansing Area?  (Read 1657 times)

Offline Girns21

• IceShanty Rookie
Any Fish Around Lansing Area?
« on: Feb 16, 2007, 06:38 AM »
First time poster here.  Recently moved to the Lanisng area and have yet to find a good place to ice fish.  Looking for walleye, panfish or whatever I can get.  Any help would be greatly appreacited.  Thanks

Offline Snoman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • FLAG UP!!!
Re: Any Fish Around Lansing Area?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2007, 04:34 PM »
Not that I have had any luck there yet this year, but try Round Lake (East of 127 on Round Lake Rd).  They have pike, walleye, panfish and bass.  Park at Don's Party Store in the back, and you can buy your bait and all your other needs from there.  You'll find that a bait store around here is almost non-existent (Grand River Bait is the best).

Lake Lansing sucks, wait till summer to waste your time on it.  Lake Ovid has musky in it, but they must hibernate in the winter...because they are next to rare. 

I work in Jackson, and their lakes are a lot better for fishing, but you would have to do a bunch of research to know where to go. 

I'll be out on Round tomorrow.  I've got a blue 2 man portable, and will have a camo parka on w/ a red/blue winter cap.  Stop in for a snort of black berry brandy.  :)    Just yell for "Snoman" and I call you over.  I'll probably be out in front of Don's or just to the left in the first cluster of shanties.  FLAG UP!!!

Offline bassinoiler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2007, 08:23 PM »
hey, I work in okemos, but live in Jackson, if you are willing to make a drive i can let you in on a bunch of good lakes, Crispell, Round, wamplers, Swains, Lime, are just a few within 20 minutes of me.

Offline Girns21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 17, 2007, 03:18 PM »
Not that I have had any luck there yet this year, but try Round Lake (East of 127 on Round Lake Rd).  They have pike, walleye, panfish and bass.  Park at Don's Party Store in the back, and you can buy your bait and all your other needs from there.  You'll find that a bait store around here is almost non-existent (Grand River Bait is the best).

Lake Lansing sucks, wait till summer to waste your time on it.  Lake Ovid has musky in it, but they must hibernate in the winter...because they are next to rare. 

I work in Jackson, and their lakes are a lot better for fishing, but you would have to do a bunch of research to know where to go. 

I'll be out on Round tomorrow.  I've got a blue 2 man portable, and will have a camo parka on w/ a red/blue winter cap.  Stop in for a snort of black berry brandy.  :)    Just yell for "Snoman" and I call you over.  I'll probably be out in front of Don's or just to the left in the first cluster of shanties.  FLAG UP!!!

Thanks for the info.  Did you have any luck today?  I'm planning on going out tomorrow, maybe I'll see you out there.  Thanks

Offline WntrMrngWood

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2007, 04:32 PM »
i was on round last weekend, and caught 1 pike on 1 flag.  I didn't mark any fish on the vex in the 3 hrs. i was out there.  flag was @ about 6 o'clock.  i'm thinking about going out on round tomorrow too.  snoman, let us know how you did.  tight lines

tb
Yes, there really is a Kalamazoo!!

Offline Snoman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • FLAG UP!!!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2007, 07:07 PM »
No luck at all. ???

I was first on the ice at 7am and didn't have a flag.  I left at 11:45am.  I saw 2 flags and one small pike.  A neighbor to me had one bite when he was going for crappie, but he didn't get it.  So it was crappy.  Not sure if I'm going to invest time there tomorrow or what.  Some other guys I talked to have done crappy on Lake Lansing too (no surprise). 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.