Author Topic: Barnes Meadow?  (Read 791 times)

Offline Jbor

• IceShanty Rookie
Barnes Meadow?
« on: Dec 17, 2015, 03:54 PM »
Anyone ever fished Barnes Meadow? I'm looking to go up to Chambers and Joe Wright this weekend and was curious if anyone has ever done any good at Barnes? Some places say that there are Lakers in Barnes but I'm not sure how accurate that is. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Offline jamiehughes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • open water sucks!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Barnes Meadow?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2015, 05:14 PM »
i open water fished it a few years ago but we didn't do any good.. the water was really stained and weird colored at the time so maybe that had something to do with our lackluster performance there.

Offline A10FLYR

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2015, 05:26 PM »
Fished it years ago and it was stained back then! Couldn't eat the one fish that I kept it tasted so bad!! Like rotten timber?
Dean

Offline pikechaser40

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2015, 07:17 PM »
I have drilled holes there and caught decent trout.  But be careful it seems like they mess with the water  level.  I have seen the water 3 feet below the ice.  Scarred the you know what out of me. 

Offline ByteN2it

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2015, 09:06 PM »
Barnes Meadows & Peterson Lake that feed it have always had ice tea looking water-I'm not sure if it's a iron oxide/mineral in the rocks or possibly tannic acid but there's plenty of fish in both and they seem to have a much deeper purple coloring in their rainbow than other lakes-never caught any monsters but lots of fighting 12 incher's & it's easier to get onto than Chambers & JW.
" The Green Hornet's caught more fish than you've lied about Gustafson ! "

Offline fishslap

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 18, 2015, 08:45 AM »
I've fished it a few times.  I've caught a few decent cutthroat, but nothing huge.  It has rainbow, cutbow, cutthroat & brown.  I heard a guy catch a very small skinny laker out of there once when I was on the ice, but never caught one myself.  I would not go there for lakers.

If you're not catching them off the bottom, try just under the ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.